Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

The anti Englishness around NZ is becoming embarrassing

The anti Englishness around NZ is becoming embarrassing

Old Sep 30th 2011, 3:37 am
BE Enthusiast

chc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The anti Englishness around NZ is becoming embarrassing

Originally Posted by waikatoguy
It's all about going for the underdog because most of the games are forgone conclusions.
Agreed. As a small nation, NZ'ers tend to support the underdog regardless of who is playing. And some of the underdog nations have really rewarded supporters - remember the Scotland v Georgia game? The crowd were behind the Georgians.

NZ definately has 'small country' syndrome.
Old Sep 30th 2011, 6:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Browner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond repute

Auckland city councillor Cathy Casey, proud of her Scottish heritage, said Kiwis would be right behind the team on Saturday - "all to do with our long years of subjugation by the English".
Oh for heavens sake.

Sometimes I wish we had let the Japanese win the Second World War,at least in the pacific. I mean, what is wrong with these people?
Old Sep 30th 2011, 7:19 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

If Rugby Union is on a screen at my local other than England I can go and enjoy watching the game with like minded people. If an England game is being televised then loads of red and white soccer supporters turn out to see an England win at all costs and sod the quality of the game. Foul behavior and language at anyone not wearing the "colours".
Our game demands more respect it was and never really will be a spectator game.
In the Northern Hemisphere the French and English are seen as "the enemy" but jokingly so, by Rugby supporters.
Hence...."so long as we beat England".
Fun we all enjoy including the French and English.
Most Rugby supporters go to see a good game, the mentality of others latching on will always point to where trouble begins......
Old Sep 30th 2011, 7:35 am
BE Forum Addict

barnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond repute

Comedy timing.

Just as I walked out of work this evening near Eden Park a car with four fatties in it were just pulling up, as they got out they were all wearing kilts. I bet I wasn't 15 seconds out of the building.

Must have got lost on the way to Vector Arena.
Old Sep 30th 2011, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

Jobry01 will become famous soon enoughJobry01 will become famous soon enough

you all need to lighten up its just a game

seems to me that people are enjoying themselves, and it makes it more fun when they wind up someone (all the english replys look like its working)

god help you if you were scottish crap at football crap at rugby we need all the support we can get

as for the lost four fatties, not from coatbridge were they, know some folk who are there
Old Sep 30th 2011, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jobry01
you all need to lighten up its just a game

seems to me that people are enjoying themselves, and it makes it more fun when they wind up someone (all the english replys look like its working)

god help you if you were scottish crap at football crap at rugby we need all the support we can get

as for the lost four fatties, not from coatbridge were they, know some folk who are there
ok i have an issue here ....... a man u fan from airdrie ....... really ..... dont see many of them in carnbroe

ok to lighten the whole thing here about the anti english thing id like to quote a line from trainspotting

Tommy: Doesn't it make you proud to be Scottish?

Mark "Rent-boy" Renton: It's SHITE being Scottish! We're the lowest of the low. The scum of the ****ing Earth! The most wretched, miserable, servile, pathetic trash that was ever shat into civilization. Some hate the English. I don't. They're just wankers. We, on the other hand, are COLONIZED by wankers. Can't even find a decent culture to be colonized BY. We're ruled by effete assholes. It's a SHITE state of affairs to be in.
Old Sep 30th 2011, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

ok i have an issue here ....... a man u fan from airdrie ....... really ..... dont see many of them in Carnbroe

plenty of guys wearing english and dutch tops in clarkston, irish tops in coatbridge

at least mines is a true footballin reason

embarrassed to admit it but i am English

but would still support any other team than an English sporting team
Old Sep 30th 2011, 10:07 am
BE Forum Addict

barnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond repute

ok i have an issue here ....... a man u fan from airdrie ....... really ..... dont see many of them in Carnbroe

plenty of guys wearing english and dutch tops in clarkston, irish tops in coatbridge

NEWSFLASH: Manchester United are an English Sporting Team
Old Sep 30th 2011, 10:18 am
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute

Irish tops in Little ireland .......... lol
Old Sep 30th 2011, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by barnsleymat
NEWSFLASH: Manchester United are an English Sporting Team
managed by scot

meant to say england team

Last edited by Jobry01; Sep 30th 2011 at 10:36 am. Reason: error
Old Sep 30th 2011, 10:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Smile Re: The anti Englishness around NZ is becoming embarrassing

managed by scot
With you been a MUFC 'fan' you might not know where Manchester is but last time I checked it was definetly in England.
Old Sep 30th 2011, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

With you been a MUFC 'fan' you might not know where Manchester is but last time I checked it was definetly in England.
not according to the papers england stops just north of london anywhere by this is worth talking about and are just ignored.......mind wish i could do the same sometimes
Old Sep 30th 2011, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by alanmacc
Irish tops in Little ireland .......... lol
bit like Auckland and Scotland tops....
Old Sep 30th 2011, 9:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Addictedtosushi
Who do the Kiwis like?

They hate the English,ozzies,french,USA and the S Africans.
They certainly have some 'hang-ups' about anyone from the 'Northern Hemisphere' and don't really like anything International full stop. Kiwis aren't used to making positive comments about anyone but themselves. They may as well just have stuck with the Tri-nations and let the rest of the world have another tournament elsewhere.

I feel ashamed on behalf of NZ to all those rugby fans whose team doesn't happen to quite match up to the All Blacks, fans who've have saved for a long time to come and enjoy New Zealand and the World Cup. All the media here sees them as fodder to fuel up the economy and try to rub them up the wrong way. Let's hope they're out there having a good time and not listening or seeing all the crap that's being written and said about them.
Old Sep 30th 2011, 9:59 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I bet there's more of them with English ancestry but I bet I don't see one dressed in Morris Dancing uniforms when I walk up into Kingsland later.
The mental image of this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.