Reload this Page >

The anti Englishness around NZ is becoming embarrassing

The anti Englishness around NZ is becoming embarrassing

Old Sep 30th 2011, 10:01 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: The anti Englishness around NZ is becoming embarrassing

Originally Posted by Stormer999
If Rugby Union is on a screen at my local other than England I can go and enjoy watching the game with like minded people. If an England game is being televised then loads of red and white soccer supporters turn out to see an England win at all costs and sod the quality of the game. Foul behavior and language at anyone not wearing the "colours".
Our game demands more respect it was and never really will be a spectator game.
In the Northern Hemisphere the French and English are seen as "the enemy" but jokingly so, by Rugby supporters.
Hence...."so long as we beat England".
Fun we all enjoy including the French and English.
Most Rugby supporters go to see a good game, the mentality of others latching on will always point to where trouble begins......
Exactly. Karma.
Old Oct 1st 2011, 2:45 am
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

I've had no problems....but then I wear an ABs shirt in the pub!
As for McManU, at least he lives on the same landmass as his team, unlike the majority of reds....not Thailand. (Although they do make his shirts.)
Old Oct 1st 2011, 5:05 am
Forum Regular

GS.83 has a brilliant futureGS.83 has a brilliant futureGS.83 has a brilliant futureGS.83 has a brilliant futureGS.83 has a brilliant futureGS.83 has a brilliant future

Not anti-english.....pro-Scottish and that is totally understandable
Old Oct 1st 2011, 5:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Kimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to behold

If they hate us Pommies so much how come so many of them support Pommie Football teams ??????
Old Oct 1st 2011, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

barnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond repute

What colour was the Scottish kit? Looked black to me.
Old Oct 1st 2011, 12:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by barnsleymat
What colour was the Scottish kit? Looked black to me.
Old Oct 1st 2011, 3:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

What colour was the Scottish kit?
That would be navy and gold
Old Oct 1st 2011, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

Jobry01 will become famous soon enoughJobry01 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Kimi-Deacon
If they hate us Pommies so much how come so many of them support Pommie Football teams ??????
the only people mentioning hate are yourselves

most scottish football fans support an english team (goes back to when scots were the back bone of every decent english team long long ago) along with a scottish one, i put manu badge instead of hibs for a change but god do some folk jump at things without trying to see the fun in it

so to try and avoid anymore bitterness will say well done england you will beat france then who knows
Old Oct 1st 2011, 10:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

barnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond repute

Last night made me smile. We ended up at the bar in Henderson, it was pretty obvious after a few minutes the entire place wanted Scotland to win, we were the only real Brits there. We weren't really watching the rugby as neither of us are interested, but hearing how desperate the locals were to see England lose I took it on myself to get behind England. They did not like it one bit, at the end of the game they all stormed off home almost in tears. Of of em collared ne at the bar and asked me about the game, i said I wasn't too bothered (he then finished my sentence) 'cos it's only Rugby'. They're finally getting the message!

So my question is this: Who will the yocals be cheering on in England v France?
Old Oct 1st 2011, 11:20 pm

waikatoguy is an unknown quantity at this point

So my question is this: Who will the yocals be cheering on in England v France?
Whoever is the lesser threat to the All Blacks. Seeing as how France are paying so poorly, that would be them. Now that Dan Carter is out of the tournament for the ABs, things are looking a bit dodgy.
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 1:21 am
Just Joined

Addictedtosushi is a name known to allAddictedtosushi is a name known to allAddictedtosushi is a name known to allAddictedtosushi is a name known to allAddictedtosushi is a name known to allAddictedtosushi is a name known to allAddictedtosushi is a name known to allAddictedtosushi is a name known to allAddictedtosushi is a name known to allAddictedtosushi is a name known to allAddictedtosushi is a name known to all

Originally Posted by waikatoguy
Whoever is the lesser threat to the All Blacks. Seeing as how France are paying so poorly, that would be them. Now that Dan Carter is out of the tournament for the ABs, things are looking a bit dodgy.
Dan Carter is out of the tournament REALLY?NEVER!! WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN?

I have not heard a thing about this on the tv,radio or papers!!!!!
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 3:42 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Addictedtosushi
Dan Carter is out of the tournament REALLY?NEVER!! WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN?

I have not heard a thing about this on the tv,radio or papers!!!!!
No decent eye candy to watch then
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 5:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Tomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, heck, do I live in a bubble here then . I have genuinely never encountered any serious anti-Englishness in NZ. A bit of gentle ribbing maybe, but nothing that I can't handle or give back in equal measure. That said I'm not all that fussed about the rugby, am casually watching, even went to watch the Ireland v Russia game because that was quite literally 10 mins from my home and it seemed like a worthwhile experience (loved it btw & the atmosphere was crazy), but I just can't get that excited about a game. It's a sport, they all try hard but there's winners and losers....big deal
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 6:05 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: The anti Englishness around NZ is becoming embarrassing

Actually I think New Zealanders often behave although they are hiding a secret English envy . We love 'em of course.
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 7:08 am
Forum Regular

Moomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond repute

We were at Eden Park last night supporting England. There was no maliciousness between the supporters, it was all light hearted fun and friendliness. Although England's performance in the first half was a bit embarrassing, they came through at the very end!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.