Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Another "We're goin back to the UK" thread.....

Wikiposts

Another "We're goin back to the UK" thread.....

Old Apr 30th 2009, 8:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

zaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to behold
Default Another "We're goin back to the UK" thread.....

...for a holiday !!

Leave on saturday on Emirates to Manchester - I cannee wait. We land 1 hour before the United v City game on sunday afternoon. I hope its ontimeso I can get to the pub (got a ticket for the final home game v Arsenal on the 16th)

We left the UK in Aug 2006 and I've been really looking forward to this ever since my Air Traffic Control failure in September last year. I've tried to get back into my old job at the airport without success, enquired with the RNZAF....without success. I've even made enquiries about rejoining the RAF but theyve made a new rule where you have to be resident in the UK for 5 years before you can apply for anything I work for a telephone company in Business sales. The money is (and thats including the commission and ive been top seller for the last 3 months) I'm classed as a temp, my wife is on maternity leave with our second and I cant see what career I could get into.........You can guess that my kiwi wife is worried I might like the idea of being closer to my family,friends....and footy

Thank God we put money aside for the trip before we came down here otherwise we wouldnt be going.

Anyways - the upside of life is that we have a 5 month old son who is an absolute star and we cant wait to show him off. We've caned the skype since we got here but it isnt the same. Cant have a pint with the old man on it. And most importantly my folks are gagging to spend some time with their grandson and grand-daughter.

We're doing just under 2 weeks in Manchester, a long weekend in Ireland (family), back to Manchester for a week and then to RAF Akrotiri in Cyprus for a week on the way back to NZ (used to be based there from 97-2000 - love the place and Ive been back there 3 times since my posting. Proposed to the Mrs there, used to live at the waterski club on the base, and also used to eat lots of mezes. Haloumi cheese !!!! and of course.........relax

I'll keep you posted. T-minus 7 days till I finish work and we're off
Old May 1st 2009, 1:28 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another "We're goin back to the UK" thread.....

Enjoy your trip
Old May 1st 2009, 8:21 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by zaras dad
...for a holiday !!

Leave on saturday on Emirates to Manchester - I cannee wait. We land 1 hour before the United v City game on sunday afternoon. I hope its ontimeso I can get to the pub (got a ticket for the final home game v Arsenal on the 16th)

We left the UK in Aug 2006 and I've been really looking forward to this ever since my Air Traffic Control failure in September last year. I've tried to get back into my old job at the airport without success, enquired with the RNZAF....without success. I've even made enquiries about rejoining the RAF but theyve made a new rule where you have to be resident in the UK for 5 years before you can apply for anything I work for a telephone company in Business sales. The money is (and thats including the commission and ive been top seller for the last 3 months) I'm classed as a temp, my wife is on maternity leave with our second and I cant see what career I could get into.........You can guess that my kiwi wife is worried I might like the idea of being closer to my family,friends....and footy

Thank God we put money aside for the trip before we came down here otherwise we wouldnt be going.

Anyways - the upside of life is that we have a 5 month old son who is an absolute star and we cant wait to show him off. We've caned the skype since we got here but it isnt the same. Cant have a pint with the old man on it. And most importantly my folks are gagging to spend some time with their grandson and grand-daughter.

We're doing just under 2 weeks in Manchester, a long weekend in Ireland (family), back to Manchester for a week and then to RAF Akrotiri in Cyprus for a week on the way back to NZ (used to be based there from 97-2000 - love the place and Ive been back there 3 times since my posting. Proposed to the Mrs there, used to live at the waterski club on the base, and also used to eat lots of mezes. Haloumi cheese !!!! and of course.........relax

I'll keep you posted. T-minus 7 days till I finish work and we're off
Enjoy yourself, and tell us all about it when your back
Old May 2nd 2009, 7:14 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Mate ! you gave me a bit of a start there for a minute.

Enjoy this trip back.. and make sure you come back !