Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Another one inbound! - Electrician

Another one inbound! - Electrician

Old Sep 26th 2011, 10:51 pm
Forum Regular

simonmoon99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Another one inbound! - Electrician

Hey guys, firstly thankyou for all your helpful comments and advice.. I didnt word my post very well, I actually have a 2year working holiday visa already established and aim to be over there in just a few weeks now!
Being new to this forum business, im not sure what bev means by moving me to the main forum but she always seems helpful so hopefully ill work it out...

As for the couple of guys that got there quals assessed over there.. what sort of timelines/ tests should i expect??

thanks again
Old Sep 26th 2011, 11:03 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Ah ! Thanks for clearing that up abut the visa.
You put your thread/topic into the Immigration area so I moved it into this main area for you so you would get more viewers.
Old Sep 27th 2011, 3:17 am
BE Enthusiast

chc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Simon,
Christchurch has started to calm down after the quakes with fewer aftershocks ( ) so hopefully the 'rebuild' starts soon. In the meantime it appears there is plenty of work for sparkies as businesses relocate, installation of air conditioning units for heating of homes and minor repairs are completed.

Job Sites: www.seek.co.nz or www.trademe.co.nz/jobs are your best online sites. Trademe also has an accommodation section, check it out for rentals. With a lot of homeowners needing to move out of their own places, rentals are tight. You are likely to need 4 weeks rent as a Rental Bond if you are renting your own place. Or you might be able to 'flat' with existing renters (i.e share with others).

Riccarton is ok, more of a student area, but accommodation is limited. Merivale is more upmarket while St Albans has traditionally been a rental area for first time renters. The further away from the centre, property tends to be slightly cheaper and slightly larger in size. Not that further away means a long distance - you can reach most places in Christchurch with a 30 minute drive.

Nightlife in Christchurch is obviously different to London. After the quake it's mainly Pubs rather than Clubs. I would rate the Merivale area best at the moment, not that I'm a regular!

Hope that gives you a bit more food for thought. Good luck with the move.
Old Sep 27th 2011, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

minky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really nice

Try fletcher building site fbcareers.co.nz I also know they are looking for staff
re Christchurch and have gone as far as Ireland and UK to recruit.
Old Sep 27th 2011, 11:58 pm
grumpy bugger

theghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chc4me
I would rate the Merivale area best at the moment, not that I'm a regular!
i am a very regular......