British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Another NZQA Question!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/another-nzqa-question-595363/)

yorkshire_sparkie Mar 4th 2009 9:00 am

Another NZQA Question!!

Hi all me again :lol:

Right we have nearly everything together for the NZQA... Can anyone look at my list and advise me if this is sufficient info..... I have checked on the website but if anyone has personal experience would be grateful of the heads up :thumbsup:

1 - Have put ALL oh relevant electricians certificates in (City & Guilds)
2 - Have put in a reference from his previous employer with a list of about 7 major jobs he did (listed the job and all the installations that went in)
3 - A letter saying the address of the school he went to but that he did not sit any exmas
4 - A letter with the address of the first electrical job he had but saying he did an adult trainee course so doesn't have an apprenticeship certificate

As he is self employed now we have sent

1 - His NICEIC certificate (original)
2 - His business registration certificate (original)
3 - An an in-depth list of about 7 major jobs he has done including what material he used, how he connected circuits etc... the exact installation down to how many sockets he put on

and...... photocopies of business bank statements (with the account number info blacked out), invoices, pricing out for jobs, quotes sent, various test certificates, busines card, and 2 ref's from builders he works with and 2 electricians he subbies for now and again, all saying he's "great" lol

Is that enough/too much and is that what they require????

Also - shall I send this exact list to the EWRB too (but certified copies of the certificates)

Phew - cheers if you go this far without falling asleep :p

hazeandsteve Mar 5th 2009 3:53 am

Re: Another NZQA Question!!

Too much in my mind.
They are only interested in the trade qualifications, and if they are comparable to NZ quals.
All the other stuff including references will have no bearing on their assessment.
Best of luck.

j19fmm Mar 5th 2009 10:54 am

Agree they probebly only want qualifications and registration details, but guess it won't harm! Have you enclosed photocopies of all certificates and registration - if not they might charge you hideously high photocopy fees :(
Good luck x

yorkshire_sparkie Mar 5th 2009 5:42 pm

Mmmmh So what should I send then?? When you say about copies do you mean I should photocopy the certificates and include them in the package for them to keep??

Ey it's all so confusing..... :o

j19fmm Mar 5th 2009 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by yorkshire_sparkie (Post 7348729)
Mmmmh So what should I send then?? When you say about copies do you mean I should photocopy the certificates and include them in the package for them to keep??

Ey it's all so confusing..... :o

When I sent off my teaching quals it said in the info to send photocopies of everything or pay a fee for them to photocopy them - and then they sent the whole load back anyway!!? You gotta love NZQA :ohmy: