Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Another newbie in Rangiora

Another newbie in Rangiora

Old Dec 20th 2008, 2:50 am
Just Joined

wattsnz has a brilliant futurewattsnz has a brilliant futurewattsnz has a brilliant futurewattsnz has a brilliant futurewattsnz has a brilliant futurewattsnz has a brilliant futurewattsnz has a brilliant future
Smile Another newbie in Rangiora

Hi all,

Just had a look through some previous threads and it seems there are a few of you out there also in Rangiora, so thought I'd say hi.

We arrived mid October and have settled relatively well so far - our stuff arrived, mostly safe and sound, a couple of weeks ago. Only downside so far is hubby having trouble finding a job though - two offers so far, but both fallen through (one before we left, signed, sealed etc, but company went under just before we got here, the other they decided to restructure after offering the job!). Hopefully something will come good in the new year...

We have a 2 year old (26 months) and a very nearly one year old (and musn't forget the dog). So far Playcentre has been my saviour - the kids love it and it gets me out of the house and meeting some really nice people.

We'd love to meet up with some other people in the area, hopefully when this weather improves - I haven't dared venture out the door today in all this rain and we were supposed to be doing our Christmas food shopping!

Cheers,

Beth
Old Dec 20th 2008, 6:04 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Another newbie in Rangiora

Originally Posted by wattsnz
Hi all,

Just had a look through some previous threads and it seems there are a few of you out there also in Rangiora, so thought I'd say hi.

We arrived mid October and have settled relatively well so far - our stuff arrived, mostly safe and sound, a couple of weeks ago. Only downside so far is hubby having trouble finding a job though - two offers so far, but both fallen through (one before we left, signed, sealed etc, but company went under just before we got here, the other they decided to restructure after offering the job!). Hopefully something will come good in the new year...

We have a 2 year old (26 months) and a very nearly one year old (and musn't forget the dog). So far Playcentre has been my saviour - the kids love it and it gets me out of the house and meeting some really nice people.

We'd love to meet up with some other people in the area, hopefully when this weather improves - I haven't dared venture out the door today in all this rain and we were supposed to be doing our Christmas food shopping!

Cheers,

Beth
Hi Beth,

You're right there are a few users on here from your area who I am sure will be along later!

Glad to hear things are progressing well, I'm sure something will turn up for Hubby after Christmas. Fingers crossed.

Loolah
Old Dec 21st 2008, 2:15 am
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Cheers,

Beth
Hi Beth

We are in Rangiora (Pomiora, Rangoon, RangiVegas!!) whatever folks like to call it! What does your OH do for a job. We have not ventured out today at all, watched Mamma Mia for the thousandth time and had a real lazy day OH has been under the weather! We are middle aged but there are lots with kids who come on here. If you want a chat or a coffee any time PM me and I will let you have the address. We are up in the North side of Rangi - are you renting or have you already bought somewhere? As I said if you fancy a coffee or meet up pm me OK.
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 7:58 am
Just Joined

wattsnz has a brilliant futurewattsnz has a brilliant futurewattsnz has a brilliant futurewattsnz has a brilliant futurewattsnz has a brilliant futurewattsnz has a brilliant futurewattsnz has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by shirl
Hi Beth

We are in Rangiora (Pomiora, Rangoon, RangiVegas!!) whatever folks like to call it! What does your OH do for a job. We have not ventured out today at all, watched Mamma Mia for the thousandth time and had a real lazy day OH has been under the weather! We are middle aged but there are lots with kids who come on here. If you want a chat or a coffee any time PM me and I will let you have the address. We are up in the North side of Rangi - are you renting or have you already bought somewhere? As I said if you fancy a coffee or meet up pm me OK.
Hi, thanks for your reply. I'd heard Pomiora a few times before, but not the others. At least the weather has improved now. I think the dog is greatful too as she gets more walks
My OH is a quantity surveyor. We are quite surprised at how much difficulty he is having finding a job as he has over 10 years experience and QS is on the long term shortage list - it must be a sign of the times I guess. Luckily he is still doing some work via t'internet in the UK currently, but we don't know how long that will last
We're renting at the moment, just south of the High Street, but we've bought a lifestyle block out at Fernside. We just need the property market in the UK to pick up a bit so we can sell our house and afford to get something built on it...
I'll PM you about that coffee.
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, thanks for your reply. I'd heard Pomiora a few times before, but not the others. At least the weather has improved now. I think the dog is greatful too as she gets more walks
My OH is a quantity surveyor. We are quite surprised at how much difficulty he is having finding a job as he has over 10 years experience and QS is on the long term shortage list - it must be a sign of the times I guess. Luckily he is still doing some work via t'internet in the UK currently, but we don't know how long that will last
We're renting at the moment, just south of the High Street, but we've bought a lifestyle block out at Fernside. We just need the property market in the UK to pick up a bit so we can sell our house and afford to get something built on it...
I'll PM you about that coffee.
Hi Beth
Have sent you an email re a meetup.
Regards
Shirley
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 6:44 am
Forum Regular

hjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of light

Hello and welcome Beth and family,we are also from Rangi,and have met up with Shirl and Clive and also teamembo who also use this website.
Glad to hear you have settled well,hope we can all meet up in the new year,got family over at the moment so busy with them,but must catch up with you all soon as ive been working avent been able to meet.

Will wish you and your family a merry christmas and hope to catch up with you all soon

Helen
x
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 6:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hjmilligan
Hello and welcome Beth and family,we are also from Rangi,and have met up with Shirl and Clive and also teamembo who also use this website.
Glad to hear you have settled well,hope we can all meet up in the new year,got family over at the moment so busy with them,but must catch up with you all soon as ive been working avent been able to meet.

Will wish you and your family a merry christmas and hope to catch up with you all soon

Helen
x
Helen

Nice to see you posting again. Must catch up in the new year. Hope the job is going well and nice to hear you have family over. Have a great Christmas and New Year.

Shirl and Clive x
Old Dec 26th 2008, 12:24 am
Just Joined

Helen
x
Hi Helen, thanks for your message . I've sent you a PM.

Regards,

Beth
Old Dec 29th 2008, 11:14 pm
Forum Regular

hjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of light

Same to you Shirl,hopefully catch up in new year, rellies are leaving on new years day so will arrange a meet.

Happy new year to you and Clive see you soon x

Helen x
Old Dec 31st 2008, 1:56 am
Account Closed

harrogate girl is an unknown quantity at this point

Same to you Shirl,hopefully catch up in new year, rellies are leaving on new years day so will arrange a meet.

Happy new year to you and Clive see you soon x

Helen x
Hi all my first post....Beth I live NOT to far just in Woodend I have been in New Zealand since 2003 and first lived in KeirKeirk but within a week that I arrived my Husband was offer a new job down in Christchurch thank god you could say lots of the people up in the far north do not have shoes hate to think how many claims go to ACC...Still the location was Fab over looking the old stone house with river views.
You said the dog needs to get out for walks my dog just does not like the very bad winds, the only time she does not mind is when I take her to the beach at Woodend so if you are up for it one day would you like to go.
Hope all goes well for you with regards to work and have a happy new year..
Lin
Old Jan 1st 2009, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Lin,

Welcome to the site, Happy new year!

Helen
x
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 2:03 am
Account Closed

Hi Lin,

Welcome to the site, Happy new year!

Helen
x
Hi Helen
Thanks for the welcome and Happy New Year to you all.

I have been a member for some time shame on me not to place any post my Husband has done some in the past so I will now do lots more.

By the way I dont understand why we lived in Tumara Park in Burwood.. since we have moved out to Woodend we have discovered Waimakariris Natural Adventure playground with some good walking tracks so.. any one new to the area should just look up www.visitwaimakariri.co.nz This covers Kaiapoi/Oxford/Rangiora/Woodend Walks from rivers/ beaches, to Mt Thomas Forest Walks and some link up around the towns but some No Dogs ALLOWED.

It is only a short drive North of Christchurch to the small towns, not as built up as some places in Christchurch at many of the locations you have good pincnic areas.

Would be nice in the new year if us newbies in Rangiora act.. could arrange a walk and a nice coffee.
Lin
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 4:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by harrogate girl
Hi Helen
Thanks for the welcome and Happy New Year to you all.

I have been a member for some time shame on me not to place any post my Husband has done some in the past so I will now do lots more.

By the way I dont understand why we lived in Tumara Park in Burwood.. since we have moved out to Woodend we have discovered Waimakariris Natural Adventure playground with some good walking tracks so.. any one new to the area should just look up www.visitwaimakariri.co.nz This covers Kaiapoi/Oxford/Rangiora/Woodend Walks from rivers/ beaches, to Mt Thomas Forest Walks and some link up around the towns but some No Dogs ALLOWED.

It is only a short drive North of Christchurch to the small towns, not as built up as some places in Christchurch at many of the locations you have good pincnic areas.

Would be nice in the new year if us newbies in Rangiora act.. could arrange a walk and a nice coffee.
Lin
Oh Hi Lin we live in Rangi and used to live in Tumara Park too!! Much prefer it out here. Happy New Year all your Rangiorians. Must catch up with you all soon. Clive goes back to work for a week on the 12th Jan. Maybe some time that week we could all have a meet up. Let me know anyways.

Hope 2009 makes everyones dreams come true!
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 6:54 pm
Just Joined

Oh Hi Lin we live in Rangi and used to live in Tumara Park too!! Much prefer it out here. Happy New Year all your Rangiorians. Must catch up with you all soon. Clive goes back to work for a week on the 12th Jan. Maybe some time that week we could all have a meet up. Let me know anyways.

Count me in, would definatley be nice to meet up again Shirley , and to meet up with some of the others here .

Happy New Year to you all.
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 1:06 am
Account Closed

Hi Shirl
Just found out my old house in Tumara Park has just been re sold only 15 months on with a loss of $30000k thats the market for you...

Would be good if we Rangis could arrange to all meet up say one morning as Beth has the children to sort out.. how does the 14th Jan sound
Lin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.