Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Another Newbie to join the cause

Another Newbie to join the cause

Old Jun 19th 2007, 9:36 am
Just Joined

Roary has a spectacular aura aboutRoary has a spectacular aura aboutRoary has a spectacular aura about
Default Another Newbie to join the cause

Hi All

I found this site and jumped straight in and joined in some threads on immigration and stuff....Now seen the introductions bit and thought "Opps, maybe I should say hi first....How rude!"

So.......HI!

Both me and my wife Sarah (I'm craig by the way) are heading out to NZ (Auckland) next month and we are so excited. Don't ask about the user name as its all a bit embarassing and involves a certain teddy of mine!.....

We got picked out of the pool very quickly based on points just before christmas and its been a bit up and down since. Problems with NZQA etc but I've already had my rant about them. Now got a job secured, this friday is my last day of work in the UK and we have sold the house. Everything seems to be slotting into place now and its starting to feel very real.....Very scarry.....but above all very exciting!

I've been frantically skimming through this forum gleening all the info and advise I can..... My head hurts now!! and I have to say "YOUR ALL WONDERFUL!". The help you all give is great and I now hope I can add to that and make new friends.

Thanks to you all again
Old Jun 19th 2007, 10:11 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another Newbie to join the cause

Originally Posted by Roary

Hi All

I found this site and jumped straight in and joined in some threads on immigration and stuff....Now seen the introductions bit and thought "Opps, maybe I should say hi first....How rude!"

So.......HI!

Both me and my wife Sarah (I'm craig by the way) are heading out to NZ (Auckland) next month and we are so excited. Don't ask about the user name as its all a bit embarassing and involves a certain teddy of mine!.....

We got picked out of the pool very quickly based on points just before christmas and its been a bit up and down since. Problems with NZQA etc but I've already had my rant about them. Now got a job secured, this friday is my last day of work in the UK and we have sold the house. Everything seems to be slotting into place now and its starting to feel very real.....Very scarry.....but above all very exciting!

I've been frantically skimming through this forum gleening all the info and advise I can..... My head hurts now!! and I have to say "YOUR ALL WONDERFUL!". The help you all give is great and I now hope I can add to that and make new friends.

Thanks to you all again
Hi there and welcome
Good to hear you have found some helpful information and support here. Look out for meet-ups and make yourself some new friends once you land. Don't forget to let us know how it goes once you get organised in this lovely country.

Good luck and karma for your post,
Karen B
Old Jun 19th 2007, 12:51 pm
Just Joined

Roary has a spectacular aura aboutRoary has a spectacular aura aboutRoary has a spectacular aura about
Talking Re: Another Newbie to join the cause

Thanks Karonious.....

I hope my experiences can be of use to someone else. I'll keep things posted!

One small thing with this forum....How do you get the picture to come up under your user name? I have uploaded a picture in my profile (100x100 pixel or less than 65kb, its actually less than 100x100 and less than 65kb), but still won't show up? Its just a bit of fun but I've been inspired by the ones already on show.

Thanks
Old Jun 19th 2007, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

JoandDean has a spectacular aura aboutJoandDean has a spectacular aura aboutJoandDean has a spectacular aura about

Hiya

Just wanted to say hello and welcome to the board. I've joined recently too and the advice received already has been fantastic!

Jo x
Old Jun 19th 2007, 11:08 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Karonious.....

I hope my experiences can be of use to someone else. I'll keep things posted!

One small thing with this forum....How do you get the picture to come up under your user name? I have uploaded a picture in my profile (100x100 pixel or less than 65kb, its actually less than 100x100 and less than 65kb), but still won't show up? Its just a bit of fun but I've been inspired by the ones already on show.

Thanks
Go to 'my profile'

select 'edit avatar'

select 'use custom avatar'

upload from your pictures (or website maybe)

select 'save changes' at the bottom of the page.

Don't think I've missed anything
Old Jun 20th 2007, 12:07 am
Forum Regular

dicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nice

:thumbsup Hi All

So.......HI!
Very droll, Craig, very droll

But welcome to the nut house! And welcome to NZ when you arrive.
Between now and then your feet won't touch the ground!

Last edited by dicknlyn; Jun 20th 2007 at 12:14 am.
Old Jun 20th 2007, 2:42 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

G'Day and welcome.
Exciting times ahead for you

Will the avatar be your ted?
Old Jun 20th 2007, 6:41 am
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there Roary and welcome to the forum. T and I have been here in ChCh since Jan and are really getting into the swing of things. NZ - well it's certainly different!

Great place this forum - it helped us (and is still helping us) with our move and I hope it does the same for you.

Good luck in all that is to come, and look forward to seeing you around and about.

Wiz'n'Ton
Old Jun 20th 2007, 7:11 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the warm welcome and thanks to kev&sarah for the avatar advise. My ted may find his way onto the avatar....watch this space!

I'll keep an eye out for any meet and greets and hopefully see some of you over a cold beer.
Old Jun 20th 2007, 7:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Craig & welcome to the forum.
Enjoy the time left in UK, it will fly. I'm sure your head willl be in bits til you get here. Take note of Karen, making friends is so important so you don't feel isolated in a new life. Good luck.
Old Jun 20th 2007, 7:38 am
`

OOoo A TED

Wiz and Ton .
If you're up this way. Look us up mate.
Old Jun 20th 2007, 7:39 am
`

Originally Posted by Boopy
Hi Craig & welcome to the forum.
Enjoy the time left in UK, it will fly. I'm sure your head willl be in bits til you get here. Take note of Karen, making friends is so important so you don't feel isolated in a new life. Good luck.
Actually ... Karma.