Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Another Fun One: You know youve been in NZ too long when....

Old Dec 5th 2005, 9:19 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another Fun One: You know youve been in NZ too long when....

Originally Posted by homesick harry
what is your identity as a nation then, this isn't an argument i'm actually really interested in that & i'm being serious. If you know what it is, please tell me, i'm deadly serious. dont let us discover it, tell us.
As for being part of england, no you're not, you're part of the commonwealth though & the queen is head of that, so yes, she is the Boss, or else why dont you remove it from your flag.
I'd like to see where NZ would be today without British handouts in the past.
You seem to be the expert so you figure that one out for yourself.
As for removing the union jack from the flag a lot of Kiwis would like that but seems those at the top like to gling to Lizzies apron strings....no handouts from Britain huh?Now thats real food for thought isnt it
Old Dec 5th 2005, 9:26 pm
Banned

homesick harry has a brilliant futurehomesick harry has a brilliant futurehomesick harry has a brilliant futurehomesick harry has a brilliant futurehomesick harry has a brilliant futurehomesick harry has a brilliant future

yet again another kiwi not answering a question they either can't answer or they dont like the subject, so they blank it.
For any would be immigrants out there, this is a typical response, i'm not an expert, i'm an expert on my life & the problems i've faced, which is all i've portrayed on here, never said i was an expert, so dont be presumptious.
So what is new Zealands identity, i've every respect in the world for the guys in Gallipolli & think its great they did it, but they did it for King & Country & for the commonwealth, ( if you say they didn't watch more documentaries on people talking about it) so it isn't that, what is it ???
i want to know, its something i think is missing here, so i'd love to know

Originally Posted by shepslady
You seem to be the expert so you figure that one out for yourself.
As for removing the union jack from the flag a lot of Kiwis would like that but seems those at the top like to gling to Lizzies apron strings....no handouts from Britain huh?Now thats real food for thought isnt it
Old Dec 5th 2005, 9:55 pm
livewire

Didn't someone try to raise a petition recently to change the NZ flag?

Even Helen, when questionned, said that she would rather like to see the Union flag disappear and the Southern Cross remain in all its solitary glory.

Apathy rules as usual and they couldn't even get enough signatures on the petition to take the proposal forward. Or perhaps enough people still remember the sacrifices made by NZlanders fighting under that flag and saw no reason to change it?

Old Dec 5th 2005, 9:56 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

yet again another kiwi not answering a question they either can't answer or they dont like the subject, so they blank it.
For any would be immigrants out there, this is a typical response, i'm not an expert, i'm an expert on my life & the problems i've faced, which is all i've portrayed on here, never said i was an expert, so dont be presumptious.
So what is new Zealands identity, i've every respect in the world for the guys in Gallipolli & think its great they did it, but they did it for King & Country & for the commonwealth, ( if you say they didn't watch more documentaries on people talking about it) so it isn't that, what is it ???
Oh Harry I know the answer but its only my answer & I know posting it on here would offend too many people so take that however you like.
Do you seriously think we dont know all bout the brave people who fought for us. I for one used to go to the ANZAC day dawn parades to show my respect & grattitude so your not telling me anything I dont know.
One thing I seemed to have missed with your posts is how long exactly have you been trying to make it in NZ?
There was also nothing presumptious about my saying you seem to be an expert & Im sorry if that offended you. Definately not my intention at all but thats the way you come across to me.
Im all for NZ gaining its independence from the Commonwealth but realistic to know it will be many many years before that can happen & its not likely to happen in my lifetime. Having said that it doesnt stop me hoping that it will happen. NZ is simply too far away from England for England to successfully try & govern & so many of the British laws just dont work in NZ. Please keep in mind these are only my views & be they right or wrong thats just how I feel & no one will ever change my mind. I personally have nothing against Brits but in saying that I do have a problem with those of you who move to NZ, dont like it & stay there & complain. No one says you have to like NZ but if you dont like it why dont you do everything in your power to go somewhere you do like & are happy. Life is just too short to live the way some of you do & dont try to change it.. There Ive said my bit now so will now bow out for a while & let all you good Brit Expats have it you way for a while.
Old Dec 5th 2005, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

Mark & Sarah is just really niceMark & Sarah is just really niceMark & Sarah is just really niceMark & Sarah is just really niceMark & Sarah is just really niceMark & Sarah is just really niceMark & Sarah is just really niceMark & Sarah is just really niceMark & Sarah is just really niceMark & Sarah is just really nice
Smile Re: Another Fun One: You know youve been in NZ too long when....

I REALLY CAN'T BE BOTHERED ARGUING WITH PRETENTIOUS PSEUDO RACIST INTELLECTUALS LIKE YOU.
I know you dont know me and have not actually got an arguement with me.But still, you really do come over as all the above.And a complete tw*t - yes,IMO.
Old Dec 5th 2005, 10:00 pm
livewire

Shepslady, Harry and all the others who voice their concerns on their forum ARE trying to change it - that's the point.

When people draw attention to a problem it gets noticed and that is always the first step to change.

Old Dec 5th 2005, 10:02 pm
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mark & Sarah
I REALLY CAN'T BE BOTHERED ARGUING WITH PRETENTIOUS PSEUDO RACIST INTELLECTUALS LIKE YOU.
I know you dont know me and have not actually got an arguement with me.But still, you really do come over as all the above.And a complete tw*t - yes,IMO.
ROFL Now, you'll have gone and offended him .... again
Old Dec 5th 2005, 10:05 pm
Banned

homesick harry has a brilliant futurehomesick harry has a brilliant futurehomesick harry has a brilliant futurehomesick harry has a brilliant futurehomesick harry has a brilliant futurehomesick harry has a brilliant future

whats a pseudo racist ??? i was asking a serious question about nz identity, thats all. jeebus.
[

QUOTE=Mark & Sarah]I REALLY CAN'T BE BOTHERED ARGUING WITH PRETENTIOUS PSEUDO RACIST INTELLECTUALS LIKE YOU.
I know you dont know me and have not actually got an arguement with me.But still, you really do come over as all the above.And a complete tw*t - yes,IMO.[/QUOTE]
Old Dec 5th 2005, 10:06 pm
Banned

no they haven't
Originally Posted by Batty
Old Dec 5th 2005, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

Mark & Sarah is just really niceMark & Sarah is just really niceMark & Sarah is just really niceMark & Sarah is just really niceMark & Sarah is just really niceMark & Sarah is just really niceMark & Sarah is just really niceMark & Sarah is just really niceMark & Sarah is just really niceMark & Sarah is just really nice

Originally Posted by Batty
Sorry my friend, ROLF?
Old Dec 5th 2005, 10:08 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

That's the good thing about us british expats we aren't easily offended unlike the kiwis that go shouting out posts all over the shop!
Old Dec 5th 2005, 10:10 pm
livewire

rolling on the floor laughing.

Pseudo intilliiwhatdyacallit slang IMO

Old Dec 5th 2005, 10:12 pm
Banned

you cant take negative criticism any more & think what you're told to think
Old Dec 5th 2005, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

you cant take negative criticism any more & think what you're told to think
What about a "you know when youve been on this forum/planet too long" thread?

Which of my words don't you understand? Is it the structure of the sentence or the individual words?
Its bed time for me, tho not on any $2500 mattress,cos I have to work in morning.
Do you work for a living?
Old Dec 5th 2005, 10:19 pm
Banned

you'll do well here, you're head is up your arse & you're not listening to honest opinions.
i do work for a living, & no i cant afford a decent mattress here either.

Originally Posted by Mark & Sarah
What about a "you know when youve been on this forum/planet too long" thread?

Which of my words don't you understand? Is it the structure of the sentence or the individual words?
Its bed time for me, tho not on any $2500 mattress,cos I have to work in morning.
Do you work for a living?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.