Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Another Fun One: You know youve been in NZ too long when....

Another Fun One: You know youve been in NZ too long when....

Old Dec 4th 2005, 10:25 pm
turkeytickler

Default Re: Another Fun One: You know youve been in NZ too long when....

Originally Posted by southerner
a) you getclinically depressed after 12 hours of constant grey skies
b) you forget the name of your favourite curry house
c) you forget what your favourite Dhansak tasted like
d) you look at the England team sheet (football) and you say who the h**l are those guys?
e) and what the f**k is a 'shav''?
f) every sentence needs a f**k or a s**t or a h**l for punctuation purposes!
g) British politics is on the news or BBC24 and you yawn (or did I do that in UK too?)

Shav? dont you mean Chav? If you have not been in the UK for a while you will have missed the term but you will be familiar with the phenomenon....check this out....

http://www.chavscum.co.uk/

Old Dec 4th 2005, 10:30 pm
Forum Regular

Herm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant future

.....when you feel the urge to apply for citizenship..........
Old Dec 4th 2005, 10:34 pm
Banned

homesick harry has a brilliant futurehomesick harry has a brilliant futurehomesick harry has a brilliant futurehomesick harry has a brilliant futurehomesick harry has a brilliant futurehomesick harry has a brilliant future

when you think NZ Television is OK
when you dont think on a daily basis 'wish i was back in the uk'
when kiwis dont annoy you with not being able to say the words -
again
best
head
when you dont think 'i wouldn't get out of bed for this pay at home'
when the total lack of choice & therefore high costs in supermarkets doesnt bother you.

Originally Posted by Herm
.....when you feel the urge to apply for citizenship..........
Old Dec 4th 2005, 10:54 pm
Forum Regular

Herm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by homesick harry
when you think NZ Television is OK
when you dont think on a daily basis 'wish i was back in the uk'
when kiwis dont annoy you with not being able to say the words -
again
best
head
when you dont think 'i wouldn't get out of bed for this pay at home'
when the total lack of choice & therefore high costs in supermarkets doesnt bother you.

When Australia starts looking appealing........
Old Dec 4th 2005, 11:06 pm
Forum Regular

CWEMM02 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by turkeytickler
have never seen it written anywhere so i was just spelling it phonetically.

you mean to say you actually WRITE it too!!!

maybe NZ should get its own ISO computer keyboard layout with a special "Eh" button, near the Return key I would suggest so that it was handy for the end of all those sentances... perhaps the full stop key could be changed from "." to "eh." - that would help eh? ACK im doing it now !!
Thanks for the chuckle. We teased our son until he stopped with the up at the end of the sentence. It makes it much easier to listen to him now eh.

Michael
Old Dec 5th 2005, 12:03 am
Banned

homesick harry has a brilliant futurehomesick harry has a brilliant futurehomesick harry has a brilliant futurehomesick harry has a brilliant futurehomesick harry has a brilliant futurehomesick harry has a brilliant future

when paying $2500 for a mattress is deemed the norm & acceptable.
or paying $150 per sqm for carpet is OK.
or paying the costs they charge for mobile phones is acceptable.
or you dont notice the tin roofs with rust on them
Old Dec 5th 2005, 12:26 am
turkeytickler

Originally Posted by homesick harry
when paying $2500 for a mattress is deemed the norm & acceptable.
or paying $150 per sqm for carpet is OK.
or paying the costs they charge for mobile phones is acceptable.
or you dont notice the tin roofs with rust on them
how about $25 for a 6 month old magazine that cost £3.45 in the UK?

Old Dec 5th 2005, 1:16 am
Isle of Wight Chick

silvermuse has a brilliant futuresilvermuse has a brilliant futuresilvermuse has a brilliant futuresilvermuse has a brilliant futuresilvermuse has a brilliant futuresilvermuse has a brilliant future

when u start buying lots of english food on the internet- dunno if anyone knows this site www.britishdownunder.co.nz but its really good for all the food we miss from home
Old Dec 5th 2005, 1:21 am

bookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by silvermuse
when u start buying lots of english food on the internet- dunno if anyone knows this site www.britishdownunder.co.nz but its really good for all the food we miss from home
Mods - throw some super mod karma this girl's way! She deserves it!

Every year at Christmas we get the kids loads of their favourite sweets instead of commercial selection boxes - this year they're getting Walkers crisps!
Old Dec 5th 2005, 1:22 am

bookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to behold

IT'S GOT BISTO!

I think I'm going to cry!
Old Dec 5th 2005, 1:24 am

AND HOB NOBS!
Old Dec 5th 2005, 1:25 am

AND READY BREK!

Silvermuse, you're in my will.
Old Dec 5th 2005, 1:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Buy a lawn mower without even considering an electric Flymo.

Rob
Old Dec 5th 2005, 1:35 am
Isle of Wight Chick

silvermuse has a brilliant futuresilvermuse has a brilliant futuresilvermuse has a brilliant futuresilvermuse has a brilliant futuresilvermuse has a brilliant futuresilvermuse has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by bookemjano
AND READY BREK!

Silvermuse, you're in my will.
LOL, my mum and grandma have already raked up a $100 tab already and i only showed them the site this morning!!
Old Dec 5th 2005, 1:45 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

You do both know about the lolly shop in Rangiora that sells uk food don't you? They are a really nice couple, they lived in the UK themselves for quite a few years. They try their best to get you what you want. Not that I shop there much myself you understand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.