Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Another Essex girl goes down under :-)

Wikiposts

Old Jan 31st 2008, 5:36 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Another Essex girl goes down under :-)

Yup, it's my turn to hang up my handbag, grab the passport and depart for pastures new tomorrow.

It's been a very stressful final week, what with losing the boyfriend, not being able to sell the car and sleeping on the floor in the empty flat but hey ho, I'm a tough old bird and have weathered worse storms because I know that this time I have a wonderful future ahead of me.

Had a lovely evening with Banshigirl last night and also caught up with Kato33 last week. Now I'm looking forward to being a fully signed up member of the Welly gang and seeing you all again soon. Also to meeting Stasia and her family for the first time who are also arriving same day as me.

The phone and internet were disconnected this morning so I am now sitting in the library using the public terminals.

Wish me good luck as I go to see my parents this evening to say goodbye (we fell out and haven't spoken since the end of November). I've had my estranged brother on the phone giving me grief but I'm strong and I know what I am doing is right for me.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 6:38 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another Essex girl goes down under :-)

Have a good and safe flight Michelle, i'll have a drink tonight to toast your departure from the UK and we'll have a drink together next week to toast your arrival in NEW ZEALAND!!
Old Jan 31st 2008, 7:05 am
Forum Regular

banshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud of

Was a splendid evening too!

Have a safe flight and will keep you updated on our progress.

Good luck for tonight and keep your chin up.

xx
Old Jan 31st 2008, 7:08 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Well that was rude of your brother! Sod him, he's just jealous. Can't wait to see you again! Where are you going to be staying to start with? I'll PM you my mobile number.

Have super flights, yay another Essex Girl makes the move woo hoo!!!
Old Jan 31st 2008, 8:16 am
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with your move, do you think there'll be room for another Essex girl in NZ ? (me) Well Essex by birth anyway, never been since! Soooo jealous, keep posting and letting us know how it goes.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 8:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Wessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to behold

Best of luck girl..
Old Jan 31st 2008, 8:22 am
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

Hope all goes well with your family and you part on good terms. Not long now and you'll be under the friendly Wellington wing of helpful expats; am sure you'll not be lonely there. Safe journey.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

Welly Wife is just really niceWelly Wife is just really niceWelly Wife is just really niceWelly Wife is just really niceWelly Wife is just really niceWelly Wife is just really niceWelly Wife is just really niceWelly Wife is just really niceWelly Wife is just really niceWelly Wife is just really niceWelly Wife is just really nice

Looking forward to seeing you again and welcoming you properly to the Wellington Gang - I feel a girl's night out coming on!!! See you at the party but hopefully before - let us know where you are staying.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 11:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys. Well, I saw my parents last night and it was quick and to the point - I said goodbye and kissed them, no discussion about anything that has happened or what is going to happen and off I went. My brother then text me to say goodbye.

I just had to get my last internet fix here in the library before going off the airport.

Have a place to stay in Khandalla for the first week then on 11th I start work AND move to new place in Newtown (disjointed cos of Rugby 7s bookings). See you very soon.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 11:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to behold

Good luck again, fair play to ya for doing this on your own too. Enjoy it.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 11:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Down Under.......Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm............

When I read this thread title I thought: "Whey hey at last something decent at last on this shallow web site!!!!!!"

But...........................

Seriously very best wishes to you cappuccino and all the best with your great adventure Down Under!

NG
Old Feb 1st 2008, 12:07 am
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cappuccino
Yup, it's my turn to hang up my handbag, grab the passport and depart for pastures new tomorrow.

It's been a very stressful final week, what with losing the boyfriend, not being able to sell the car and sleeping on the floor in the empty flat but hey ho, I'm a tough old bird and have weathered worse storms because I know that this time I have a wonderful future ahead of me.

Had a lovely evening with Banshigirl last night and also caught up with Kato33 last week. Now I'm looking forward to being a fully signed up member of the Welly gang and seeing you all again soon. Also to meeting Stasia and her family for the first time who are also arriving same day as me.

The phone and internet were disconnected this morning so I am now sitting in the library using the public terminals.

Wish me good luck as I go to see my parents this evening to say goodbye (we fell out and haven't spoken since the end of November). I've had my estranged brother on the phone giving me grief but I'm strong and I know what I am doing is right for me.
Your getting a good'un.

Best wishes Michelle. Cant wait to see you when we arrive.