Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Another diploma nurse trying their luck

Another diploma nurse trying their luck

Old Apr 14th 2016, 9:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

inkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Another diploma nurse trying their luck

Title says it all really I have emailed the NZNC stating that I have a dip he in nursing studies (adult). They have said I can apply as they take into account experience and personal development (10 years as an army medic, 1 year as ECU/A&e staff nurse 2 years as neonatal staff nurse.) I have also done lots of in house courses and completed two preceptorships. I'm also due to gain a post grad certificate in mentorship in Jun...any one with a crystal ball handy that can tell me if I can squeak through the registration process?
Old Apr 15th 2016, 9:15 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another diploma nurse trying their luck

Sounds to me as if they have taken the diploma as valid so I would say you should be good to go.
Old Apr 15th 2016, 9:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

inkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond repute

Well I have everything crossed
Old Jul 9th 2016, 7:56 am
Just Joined

JoviPrincess is an unknown quantity at this point

I am also a diploma nurse (paediatric). The advice offered by the NZ nursing council is that you need a qualification equivalent to their level 7. The research that I've done suggests that this is a professional diploma but they are assessing everyone's application individually - I know people who have been refused and those that have been accepted. Good luck with your application,mine is currently being assessed with the result due in the next few weeks. Eeek!
Old Jul 9th 2016, 8:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi there

Yeah I think it's just a case of crossing all extremities. I did email them and them before and unlike oz they take into account post grad experience and training. I believe our diploma is equivalent to level 6 on their qualifications scale which is slightly annoying as there really is no difference in the courses (slightly more critical analysis maybe and a dissertation on the degree) I'm in for assessment at the moment to 30 day point is up on 15th August.....good luck to us both
Old Aug 15th 2016, 3:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Just had confirmation of my registration so it's not impossible if you don't hold a degree
Old Aug 15th 2016, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

maquis is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats!!
Old Aug 15th 2016, 7:55 pm
Just Joined

Congratulations!! They've asked me to send evidence of my CPD from the last five years, plus a copy of my diploma certificate. Hopefully this is a good thing, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Old Aug 15th 2016, 8:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JoviPrincess
Congratulations!! They've asked me to send evidence of my CPD from the last five years, plus a copy of my diploma certificate. Hopefully this is a good thing, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
They asked me the same thing
Old Oct 13th 2016, 9:25 pm
Just Joined

I am registered!!! Best news ever! Let the great job hunt/visa application begin.
Old Oct 14th 2016, 5:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JoviPrincess
I am registered!!! Best news ever! Let the great job hunt/visa application begin.

Old Jan 17th 2017, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

Sam13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi both of you, just wondering how long it took the NCNZ to reply to your emails prior to applying for registration.

I am just sending my CV off for a job on the only Paeds Cardiac unit in NZ for a Nurse Educator.... from what I understand this is the only position of its kind on that unit, and therefore the only job of its kind in NZ...its the job that I currently do now in the UK, and I'd really like it! It's just that we only decided last week to look into a move to NZ so I've not yet applied for any registration or visas, and I cant believe this job has come up now!

The lady I emailed at ADHB said they could support visa application if I was offered a job but it would go in my favour to have started the registration to NCNZ process....but as I have a diploma I cant apply for Registration until I hear back from my email to NCNZ...and the closing date is 22/1!

As I write it down now it all looks so far fetched! (not too mention daunting and complex...)
Old Jan 17th 2017, 12:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sam13
Hi both of you, just wondering how long it took the NCNZ to reply to your emails prior to applying for registration.

I am just sending my CV off for a job on the only Paeds Cardiac unit in NZ for a Nurse Educator.... from what I understand this is the only position of its kind on that unit, and therefore the only job of its kind in NZ...its the job that I currently do now in the UK, and I'd really like it! It's just that we only decided last week to look into a move to NZ so I've not yet applied for any registration or visas, and I cant believe this job has come up now!

The lady I emailed at ADHB said they could support visa application if I was offered a job but it would go in my favour to have started the registration to NCNZ process....but as I have a diploma I cant apply for Registration until I hear back from my email to NCNZ...and the closing date is 22/1!

As I write it down now it all looks so far fetched! (not too mention daunting and complex...)
Hi mate

Don't panic why are you waiting for an email...if it's asking if you can apply you will get the stock answer if every case is treated individually. Start the registration process online this instant lol....I'm a dip nurse an I'm registered over there you basically will have to send everything you've ever done as s nurse to them including individual modules (and marks) and a syllabus transcript from the uni you trained at...think my parcel cost sbout £40 it was that heavy
Old Jan 17th 2017, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

Sam13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by inkedneonurse
Hi mate

Don't panic why are you waiting for an email...if it's asking if you can apply you will get the stock answer if every case is treated individually. Start the registration process online this instant lol....I'm a dip nurse an I'm registered over there you basically will have to send everything you've ever done as s nurse to them including individual modules (and marks) and a syllabus transcript from the uni you trained at...think my parcel cost sbout £40 it was that heavy
Yikes, that's a tonne of stuff!...Thanks for the help again, will crack on with the registration applying then.
Old Jan 17th 2017, 12:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sam13
Yikes, that's a tonne of stuff!...Thanks for the help again, will crack on with the registration applying then.
Let us know how you get on.....and if you need anymore help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.