Another 2 newbies

Old Jun 26th 2007, 6:43 pm
Just Joined

adenlaura will become famous soon enough
Default Another 2 newbies

Hi Everyone

Ade and Laura here. We're quite early on in the process and decided to get our points verified before posting an EOI. We were a bit disappointed to find that we only had just over a 100 with me being a qualified management accountant with an MBA (with 12years+ experience) and Laura having qualified as a graphic designer - I guess that the bar must be very high.

So looks like I need to secure a job first and that feels a bit scarey

Still it looks like we've done something right and have discovered a useful site with warm and friendly people. We look forward to making some online friends along the way

Best wishes from us both,

Ade & Laura
Old Jun 26th 2007, 10:08 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: Another 2 newbies

Kia ora and haere mai:

Welcome to the site.

Seeing as how you have an MBA with experience you might want to see about tertiary teaching. The private education sector seems to have some openings for business diploma instructors. They're not high-paying positions, but they might be a ticket into New Zealand. People with Master's and PhDs are on the long term skills shortage list.

Later on you can explore other opportunities.

All the best and good luck.
Old Jun 27th 2007, 7:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Hello & welcome.
Do you have any idea where you'd like to live in NZ.
Old Jun 27th 2007, 9:07 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the welcome guys. In terms of where in NZ we are torn between a few locations. While we like the Nelson area in the South and Whangarei in the North (we both have a favourite you see) we realise that it probably makes most sense for us to search for work around Wellington or Auckland.

Which we also like.

So I guess that it's down to job opportunities
Old Jun 27th 2007, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

KIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really nice

hi

welcome to the site and i am sure that there are loads of people that can answer any questions that you may have, or if you just fancy a chat.

i am kirstie and my husband is paul, we are just waiting now to see if we get our ITA , we are going through the skilled migrant catagory as paul is an electrician.

good luck with your application

with regards
Old Jun 27th 2007, 8:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

littleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of light

Hello from another management accountant wallowing in the pool. I'm struggling to find a job in the Christchurch area. I had a really good chat with Paula at the Hudson office in London, and I think you will stand a much better chance of finding a job in Auckland or Wellington.

Good luck
Old Jun 28th 2007, 5:11 pm
Just Joined

Hi littleal,

I see what you mean by wallowing in the pool. I think we're too low to even be worth dipping our toes

I spoke to a London based recruitment agency today and I'm beginning to wonder if I'm wasting my time. So much for 6 years hard study doing professional exams and a post grad. Good here but not out of Europe so it seems.

Still we'll plod on. Not giving up yet.
Old Jun 28th 2007, 10:24 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

We're in Nelson if there is anything I can do to help.

Charted Accountant is on the Immediate Short list.

I just had an NZ google and spotted THIS. You never know your luck.

Also THESE ON TRADEME

You need to have your UK qualifications recognised by THE INSTITUTE OF CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS.

You would be given provisional membership until you fill their entry criteria. That will require study modules and an exam I believe. Contact the Institute for details. Also ask them about possible vacancies around the country. They must have a network with the various practices.