Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Annoying Posts on Forum

Annoying Posts on Forum

Old Jun 30th 2007, 8:37 am
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light
Default Annoying Posts on Forum

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but I certainly have......and it is getting really annoying...(Hence this post)..

On a number of threads where members are posting valid concerns/requests, etc. there is always someone to come back with stupid comments that are of no help to anyone and this leads the thread away from the main question. One of the main posters I have noticed that annoys me is A***!!!

I'm sure people will know......
I have had very good information by using this site and most of this has been reassuring.

As we will all be aware, this is probably the biggest move most of us will make and we are all asking for information out of concern.

This is probably me just having a moan, but hey, if I don't bring it up nothing will change (not that it will)!!

Cheers
Old Jun 30th 2007, 8:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Annoying Posts on Forum

Originally Posted by garryhg
I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but I certainly have......and it is getting really annoying...(Hence this post)..

On a number of threads where members are posting valid concerns/requests, etc. there is always someone to come back with stupid comments that are of no help to anyone and this leads the thread away from the main question. One of the main posters I have noticed that annoys me is A***!!!

I have had very good information by using this site and most of this has been reassuring.

As we will all be aware, this is probably the biggest move most of us will make and we are all asking for information out of concern.

This is probably me just having a moan, but hey, if I don't bring it up nothing will change (not that it will)!!

Cheers
Most posters still get their questions answered and their fears allayed and people like A*** just make it more enjoyable.
Old Jun 30th 2007, 9:29 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Woodlea
Most posters still get their questions answered and their fears allayed and people like A*** just make it more enjoyable.
thing is this forum is like Tony Blair - different things to different people......
some like info, others a laugh, others a fight, others a moan.
a bit like life and certainly a microcosm of the ex-Pat life.
feel free to moan, I know I do!

actually this post was in reply to the original poster.......no offence to Woodlea!!
Old Jun 30th 2007, 9:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lardyl
actually this post was in reply to the original poster.......no offence to Woodlea!!
None taken old chap!

It's gotta be fun otherwise no one would bother looking at it, I only look at it for the banter, and answer serious questions when I know the answer. A*** answers questions whilst having a laugh at the same time.
Old Jun 30th 2007, 9:54 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Woodlea
None taken old chap!

It's gotta be fun otherwise no one would bother looking at it, I only look at it for the banter, and answer serious questions when I know the answer. A*** answers questions whilst having a laugh at the same time.
yep, where would we brits be without our extroverts??
all power to his elbow
and to yours Woodlea and yours GarryHG, but dont let that mercury rise too much!!!
Old Jun 30th 2007, 10:02 am
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light

No Probs........I'll probably end up the same as some others soon.

It's probably just because we're not over yet and still have the pressures and worries of the move to contend with.

Cheers All....
Old Jun 30th 2007, 10:24 am

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

Is this a reference to me?

If it is, then a) put me on your ignore function. It's a bit ironic that you start a pointless thread like this to complain about pointless posts.

b) I only do the 'funny' posts after it's clear that the question has been answered on the thread. Or I answer the post myself and chuck a joke in. Look at all those blue boxes under my name. I got them from being bombarded with 'karma' for my posts. So somebody must find my style helpful.

c) You think wading through hundreds of posts that are technically private messages in disguise is somehow helping your search for information?

Last edited by BEVS; Jun 30th 2007 at 10:53 am. Reason: snip
Old Jun 30th 2007, 11:26 am
BE Enthusiast

The Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond repute

someone to come back with stupid comments that are of no help to anyone and this leads the thread away from the main question.
What kind of response were you expecting? Some people might think this post is of no help to anyone, including yourself.

Let me lead myself back to the main issue. You made a point of naming a specific person, so seems to me you were spoiling for a fight, not having a moan. Isn't that what trolls do?
Old Jun 30th 2007, 11:42 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

sorry to read these concerns GarryGH.

If you have a concern or complaint at all, we the mods and admin are here to try and help smooth things over or iron disputes out. You can report a post.
What I wouldn't like to see is that anyone hoping to come to NZ is put off by anothers posts to this site. It's all about balance to me.

We do all have to live and let live with some posters as they like to wax a bit lyrical,, on all sorts of subjects. They also like to 'chat' or debate with each other. They are entitled to do this. Hopefully it doesn't get in the way of good info. If it does - report it !. If it doesn't, then nothing lost.

If you feel a post is stuffing up a threads content by putting it off topic , then you can report it, and I will split it, if that is appropriate.

If its simply you can't stick the essence or content of someones posts, then the ignore button is there and can be helpful. I've used it myself in the past before the modship thing came to pass. It's useful.

I would hope that all the helpful info is getting through to those that ask for help . I spend quite a bit of time replying to posts asking for help and I feel my answers are getting through. I also see a fair few others regularly offering help ,advice & support.

At the end of the day, it is a forum . You'll get all sorts here & , in the interests of a balance of opinions and experience , no matter how they choose to express that, you have to live with 'em - Love them or hate them. Everyone is entitled to access the wealth of viewpoints out there.

What you don't have to live with though is personal abuse , timewasters and all that other assorted utter rubbish which the BE rules hopefully protect you from.

I have sent you a PM.
Old Jun 30th 2007, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

My apologies if this has caused any ill feelings to anyone. I agree that everyone has their right to reply in their own manner.

Just having a bad day!!

If Bevs can delete this thread we can all carry on as normal.

Cheers
Old Jun 30th 2007, 12:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

My apologies if this has caused any ill feelings to anyone. I agree that everyone has their right to reply in their own manner.

Just having a bad day!!

If Bevs can delete this thread we can all carry on as normal.

Cheers
Let's just kiss and make up! We need some love as Oz just beat the ABs!! What a disaster, the country will be in mourning...
Old Jun 30th 2007, 12:31 pm

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a bit confused. garyhg starts a thread which is an unprovoked attack on my posts and the mod comes on and says "Sorry about that garyhg, we hate personal abuse too"

Oh well, it's Saturday night. We've all got the 'bottle of wine' excuse tomorrow morning....
Old Jun 30th 2007, 12:33 pm
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Avid
I'm a bit confused. garyhg starts a thread which is an unprovoked attack on my posts and the mod comes on and says "Sorry about that garyhg, we hate personal abuse too"

Oh well, it's Saturday night. We've all got the 'bottle of wine' excuse tomorrow morning....
Avid, don't take it so personally: there are any number of posters out there whose log-in begins with A***
Old Jun 30th 2007, 12:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond repute

and for once it is not me getting the blame....!!!

Its the 'sensitivity' of people on this board that keeps me away from it more and more these days. No fun, no opinions unless 100% positive and frankley it make the NZ forum on BE very boring.

Am off back to the ME board. Those guys are great.
Old Jun 30th 2007, 1:33 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Avid

Okay now you are twisting things, you know that's not what she meant.

Anyway garryhg has apologised so there really is no reason for the thread to continue.

I hope you all have a nice weekend.

Sue