annoying adverts

Old Jan 3rd 2013, 6:19 pm

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: annoying adverts

Originally Posted by madao
Next ad break has been on, I'd like to add the Interislander music. I'm not sure if the lyrics are trying to be shoehorned in to the tune or vice versa either.
Love the tune from that advert. I find it oddly moving....(no pun)
Old Jan 16th 2013, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

chris the property man is just really nicechris the property man is just really nicechris the property man is just really nicechris the property man is just really nicechris the property man is just really nicechris the property man is just really nicechris the property man is just really nicechris the property man is just really nicechris the property man is just really nicechris the property man is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mark Smith
Who's the infomercial guy who pops up selling stone pans and the next minute its some ladders. I'd like to hunt him down like big game.
His high pitched voice (I think he inhales helium before filming commences) really gets on my nerves. Wouldn't mind a stone pan or transforma ladder, mind...but not at their prices!
Old Jan 16th 2013, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

chris the property man is just really nicechris the property man is just really nicechris the property man is just really nicechris the property man is just really nicechris the property man is just really nicechris the property man is just really nicechris the property man is just really nicechris the property man is just really nicechris the property man is just really nicechris the property man is just really nice

It's no doubt a good cause, but have you seen the gang of dodgy looking reprobates on the Capri Hospital for alcoholics and the like? "Thanks Capri"...why are some of them sporting Lei's around their necks? It's a bit weird to say the least, but as I say, no doubt they do a good job...pity about the ad agency they used.
Old Jan 16th 2013, 2:20 pm

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris the property man
It's no doubt a good cause, but have you seen the gang of dodgy looking reprobates on the Capri Hospital for alcoholics and the like? "Thanks Capri"...why are some of them sporting Lei's around their necks? It's a bit weird to say the least, but as I say, no doubt they do a good job...pity about the ad agency they used.
I'm glad it's not just me that thinks that !
Old Jan 16th 2013, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

Another grim one is the "stop a family member from driving drunk" that took over from the "ghost chips" one. What a terrible representation of Kiwis who generally think drink driving is okay.

The mum makes me laugh when she says that they have got to stop driving drunk as often...not that they have to stop it completely and should never have been doing it at all! Makes it sound like she still thinks it's okay, as long as it's only every now and then!!! Dear me!
Old Jan 16th 2013, 5:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

The radio adverts from the American CEO do my head in also, sounds so sleazy like something you would hear in Las Vegas.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 7:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

The British woman in the JG Gardner home advert. Horribly annoying voice
Old Jan 31st 2013, 9:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cappuccino
Oh yes, just saw her again.

I daresay half these adverts wouldn't be quite so annoying if they weren't repeated over and over at each ad break. I have given up on the new Choice channel on Freeview, it looked quite promising but is virtually unwatchable due to constant repetition of the same five adverts.
Old Feb 13th 2013, 2:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

lisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond repute

The new Watties add that seems to be suggesting that 'Flipin' kiwi genius' is responsible for inventing the stand on its lid sauce bottle.. the same design pretty much every other brand has been using for years...makes me want to throw things at the TV.
Old Feb 13th 2013, 4:10 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

I can't help it
Old Feb 18th 2013, 12:42 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: annoying adverts

Dearest Brian Blessed,

Love your work but get off my telly you silly beaver. In an age of austerity, unemployment and etc. I want something uplifting rather than beardy shouting "celebrate success" at me via the telly.

I enjoy success in that quiet, understated, casual way. The adverts might work better in America but shouting about success has no place in our culture.
Old Feb 18th 2013, 1:35 pm
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

Another grim one is the "stop a family member from driving drunk" that took over from the "ghost chips" one. What a terrible representation of Kiwis who generally think drink driving is okay.

The mum makes me laugh when she says that they have got to stop driving drunk as often...not that they have to stop it completely and should never have been doing it at all! Makes it sound like she still thinks it's okay, as long as it's only every now and then!!! Dear me!
I hate that advert. The ghost chips one was spot on but this one is terrible. Hmmm... let's just think about it for a minute. How does a loving mother get her men folk to stop drinking. Wait until they are drunk and then nag them. Yep that'll work. We all know men will do whatever a nagging woman will tell them.
Old Feb 18th 2013, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jmh
I hate that advert. The ghost chips one was spot on but this one is terrible. Hmmm... let's just think about it for a minute. How does a loving mother get her men folk to stop drinking. Wait until they are drunk and then nag them. Yep that'll work. We all know men will do whatever a nagging woman will tell them.
It gives a terrible portrayal of Kiwi blokes. I know that there is a very deep seated culture of drink driving here, but did they have to also portray these piss-heads as having had frontal lobe surgery as well!! I bet your average Kiwi hates that ad. I know I do!
Old Mar 5th 2013, 8:52 pm
gcr
Forum Regular

gcr is an unknown quantity at this point

I still chuckle when I hear the Mad Butcher jingle - 'you just can't beat the Mad Butchers meat'. Hmm... I'm sure that would mean something different back in parts of the UK!

(Sorry. Entirely inappropriate. <ahem> )

There's the whole series of infomercials where the same bloke tells you that you can't buy this in the stores and ring now because they've worked out a very special deal for the viewers...
Old Mar 6th 2013, 9:12 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Mr BEVS knows that house. He may have plumbed it as it is a JG. It's just up the way from us in a posh bit. Not that I've ever heard or seen her around here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.