British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   anita new to website (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/anita-new-website-509423/)

anitah Jan 27th 2008 7:50 am

anita new to website

Hi I am new, we are moving to tauranga in about 6 months time.:)

happynz Jan 27th 2008 7:52 am

Re: anita new to website

Hi Anita.

Welcome. There are some nice beaches in the area you are moving to.

anitah Jan 27th 2008 7:54 am

How do i post a question on here?!:curse:

happynz Jan 27th 2008 7:59 am

Originally Posted by anitah (Post 5844245)
How do i post a question on here?!:curse:

Isn't that a question? ;)

anitah Jan 27th 2008 8:04 am

ok! finally got it sussed! just wondered if anyone thinks that a salary of $63,000 is enough to live on in tauranga with two young children. also do we have to pay for schooling?:thumbsup:

karonious Jan 27th 2008 8:04 am

Originally Posted by anitah (Post 5844230)

Hi Anita - welcome to the forum :thumbsup:
Have some karma to start you off :cool:
Karen

anitah Jan 27th 2008 8:07 am

Originally Posted by karonious (Post 5844266)
Hi Anita - welcome to the forum :thumbsup:
Have some karma to start you off :cool:
Karen

thanks !!!!!:lol::D

simonmarkellis Jan 27th 2008 8:10 am

Originally Posted by anitah (Post 5844265)
ok! finally got it sussed! just wondered if anyone thinks that a salary of $63,000 is enough to live on in tauranga with two young children. also do we have to pay for schooling?:thumbsup:

Hi Anitah and welcome to the forum! $63k isn't a bad wage, certainly manageable, just don't try and live the high life...:thumbup:

happynz Jan 27th 2008 8:21 am

Originally Posted by anitah (Post 5844265)

If you are referring to state schools the costs depend on the school and the ages of your children. There are of course the uniforms that are mandatory in almost all intermediate and high schools, school donations (varies, depending on the school), camp fees, stationary packs, etc...Private schools can cost a bomb.

anitah Jan 27th 2008 8:25 am

thanks for replying. my kids will be 4 and 6 so the four year old will not start yet. state school is what we are looking for, we read about donations etc and thats what has worried us! also are they eligible for state education if we dont have residency, just a working visa/permit?:)

happynz Jan 27th 2008 8:27 am

Originally Posted by anitah (Post 5844314)
thanks for replying. my kids will be 4 and 6 so the four year old will not start yet. state school is what we are looking for, we read about donations etc and thats what has worried us! also are they eligible for state education if we dont have residency, just a working visa/permit?:)

If you have a work permit your children will be eligible to attend state schools with no extraordinary fees, meaning you will pay the same as everyone else. Don't sweat it too much. The fees aren't too horrible at the primary school level.

littleal Jan 27th 2008 8:29 am

Yes - if you have a work permit, you can apply for them to have a student permit/visa. The pre-schooler has to have a full visitor visa, not just the 6 month visa waiver that you get for a holiday. They don't start school until 5.

Alison

psa2570 Jan 27th 2008 10:54 am

Originally Posted by anitah (Post 5844230)

Hi Anita, and welcome, I'm pretty new too but this is one awesome site with the most amazingly helpful people!
Have a fantastic time, Fiona

oops was signed on as OH ,pest.

Dreamer Jan 27th 2008 2:14 pm

Hi, welcome to the board :thumbup:

BEVS Jan 27th 2008 10:55 pm

Have some more karma.

Happy posting ;)