British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Animals/pets/waddaya do? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/animals-pets-waddaya-do-388845/)

danny.f Aug 8th 2006 6:22 pm

Re: Animals/pets/waddaya do?

That is a great point Peter. £500 to bring an antisocial furniture wrecker 12,000 miles!! Mental.

Jude J Aug 8th 2006 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by danny.f
That is a great point Peter. £500 to bring an antisocial furniture wrecker 12,000 miles!! Mental.

Indeed.
:p

danny.f Aug 8th 2006 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by Jude J
Indeed.
:p

I'll go up in a minute. She's on so she'll only be reading! She'll kill me when she reads this tomorrow. :eek:
Just put the cat out,the £500 one,he's livid cos it's raining,told me he doesn't want to go to bloody NZ. Cheeky animal!! I'm ok,she won't read this as long as I don't press th

SarahB Aug 9th 2006 9:12 am

I'll go up in a minute. She's on so she'll only be reading! She'll kill me when she reads this tomorrow. :eek:
Just put the cat out,the £500 one,he's livid cos it's raining,told me he doesn't want to go to bloody NZ. Cheeky animal!! I'm ok,she won't read this as long as I don't press th

haha.... if truth be known I bet youre the one the cat loves best and you love him too.... I bet he sits on your knee in the evenings purring and shedding hair all over you.... and you sneak him your sunday lunch meat under the table! :p

danny.f Aug 9th 2006 9:16 am

Originally Posted by SarahB
haha.... if truth be known I bet youre the one the cat loves best and you love him too.... I bet he sits on your knee in the evenings purring and shedding hair all over you.... and you sneak him your sunday lunch meat under the table! :p

That is funny as hell. I'm not sneaking him anything of the sort!! He's a boy cat-I'm not like that. He hasn't come back yet. Will keep you informed. :(

SarahB Aug 9th 2006 9:23 am

1 Attachment(s)

That is funny as hell. I'm not sneaking him anything of the sort!! He's a boy cat-I'm not like that. He hasn't come back yet. Will keep you informed. :(

lol... we got 2 girl cats.... lazy s0ds they are. Littlun waits til White Cat is on the settee curled up then he sneaks up quietly and uncurls her tail and sticks it in his ear.... he likes it.... whats that all about?? :D :D

danny.f Aug 9th 2006 9:31 am

lol... we got 2 girl cats.... lazy s0ds they are. Littlun waits til White Cat is on the settee curled up then he sneaks up quietly and uncurls her tail and sticks it in his ear.... he likes it.... whats that all about?? :D :D

That is so cute! Either it's a bizarrely cute comfort measure,or you once had a phone shaped like a cat.
I'm having 3 different conversations with you on 3 different threads-brains knackered. Why is this your last? Might not be,3 is superb. I want more,she doesnt. You can't park the car if the gates aren't open!! He he.
Babies rock,I get broody everytime I walk past Mothercare.Awful. We lads don't have to do an awful lot (best bit really),she wouldn't breast feed just so I could get up-superb.

SarahB Aug 9th 2006 9:40 am

That is so cute! Either it's a bizarrely cute comfort measure,or you once had a phone shaped like a cat.
I'm having 3 different conversations with you on 3 different threads-brains knackered. Why is this your last? Might not be,3 is superb. I want more,she doesnt. You can't park the car if the gates aren't open!! He he.
Babies rock,I get broody everytime I walk past Mothercare.Awful. We lads don't have to do an awful lot (best bit really),she wouldn't breast feed just so I could get up-superb.

Hes older than that now and with short hair but he still does it.... its a comforter.... started with putting his "blankie" in his ear.... then pieces of toilet paper.... then whatever is soft or fluffy as you can see!!

OK you asked.... its my last and its taken me this long to be brave enough to get preggy again as the hospital (in UK) made a bit of a bodge with the first birth.... they ermm.... didnt put me back together correctly and have caused me a hell of a lot of pain and problems over last 3 years. I wont elaborate any more. Im also 40 next year and thats my mental cut of age in my head.... also I want to get back to horse riding again in the near future.... and I admit I just dont have the patience for 3.... damn I dont even know if I can cope with 2 yet!!! :eek: :scared:

I'm having an elective c-section in Middlemore Hospital in first week in January.... my body just isnt going to work after what the hospital did to me... not gonna be easy I know but we are prepared.... so thats why its definately my last.

So looking forward to the 28th and knowing what sex it is... sorry to go on about it but Im so excited about that!!!!! :) :) if its a girl then Im gonna go and hit them shops and buy some of them cute little girly clothes!!

helinuk Aug 9th 2006 10:15 am

- I'm too old to get broody but would have loved more kids....

AND BACK TO PETS ... :D

I've just had a quote from passport for pets- £1679 for transport-
to approx.another £500 for all the innoculations, vets fees if we take dog to local vet ourselves. add £400 to that if they take him away and kennel him for 29 days.
yikes £2000+ to take dog- I think I'm going to faint! :eek:
Helen

mumomonty Aug 9th 2006 10:28 am

Pe4opl;e like you make me sick. you gave that animal a home and shoudl have made a promise to it.
bring it with you. you waste of space. the climate is good here for cats and not creepy's for them to get bitten.
leave one o fthe kids in stead. The cancers of this world are the human race not aniamls.
spose you dno't understand that though.

danny.f Aug 9th 2006 10:54 am

Hes older than that now and with short hair but he still does it.... its a comforter.... started with putting his "blankie" in his ear.... then pieces of toilet paper.... then whatever is soft or fluffy as you can see!!

OK you asked.... its my last and its taken me this long to be brave enough to get preggy again as the hospital (in UK) made a bit of a bodge with the first birth.... they ermm.... didnt put me back together correctly and have caused me a hell of a lot of pain and problems over last 3 years. I wont elaborate any more. Im also 40 next year and thats my mental cut of age in my head.... also I want to get back to horse riding again in the near future.... and I admit I just dont have the patience for 3.... damn I dont even know if I can cope with 2 yet!!! :eek: :scared:

I'm having an elective c-section in Middlemore Hospital in first week in January.... my body just isnt going to work after what the hospital did to me... not gonna be easy I know but we are prepared.... so thats why its definately my last.

So looking forward to the 28th and knowing what sex it is... sorry to go on about it but Im so excited about that!!!!! :) :) if its a girl then Im gonna go and hit them shops and buy some of them cute little girly clothes!!

Right-I see you're reservations about a footy team then. Bad previous experiences really gonna dent your confidence. Tell you what though-some can't have any-some only 1,so you're in an exclusive club anyway. Oldest saying in the book-but as long as he/she/you ok.. Gonna be a proper Kiwi-wayhey!!
You 39?? :D -you write like you 25-no older.

danny.f Aug 9th 2006 10:58 am

Originally Posted by mumomonty
Pe4opl;e like you make me sick. you gave that animal a home and shoudl have made a promise to it.
bring it with you. you waste of space. the climate is good here for cats and not creepy's for them to get bitten.
leave one o fthe kids in stead. The cancers of this world are the human race not aniamls.

Jesus-I've read some of your posts today-you're either on,or you having 1 bitchingly big bottle of vodka,and if it's both then god help your toilet later.
Chill woman-you gonna crash my computer with your anger. Somone get this lady a black coffee and a spliff. :rolleyes:

helinuk Aug 9th 2006 4:27 pm

Jesus-I've read some of your posts today-you're either on,or you having 1 bitchingly big bottle of vodka,and if it's both then god help your toilet later.
Chill woman-you gonna crash my computer with your anger. Somone get this lady a black coffee and a spliff. :rolleyes:

Danny ignore this poster they must be drunk! They've posted another offensive post to 'the bears' on another thread. Let the 'mods' deal with it. There's a fine line between funny weird and downright rude.
Your kind of humour is just a bit of fun. But 'Flaming'(being offensive) on forums is a no no.
helinuk

Sue Aug 9th 2006 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by mumomonty

We all go through a bad day but the above remark is inappropriate, please read the first of our Forum Rules where it says:-

"BritishExpats.com is an interactive site, and everyone who participates is "in it together", please treat others the way you wish to be treated. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully ... without insult or personal attack."

Many thanks

SarahB Aug 9th 2006 6:52 pm

Right-I see you're reservations about a footy team then. Bad previous experiences really gonna dent your confidence. Tell you what though-some can't have any-some only 1,so you're in an exclusive club anyway. Oldest saying in the book-but as long as he/she/you ok.. Gonna be a proper Kiwi-wayhey!!
You 39?? :D -you write like you 25-no older.

Yep, its gonna be a kiwi this time :)

...and yes I feel very lucky to be able to have another child.... I have rellies who have had literally an awful (and very expensive) time going through IVF/adoption route because they couldnt have children... heartbreaking stuff.

I'll be 39 soonish... I think.... pregnancy brain makes me forget things... couldnt even tell a friend how many weeks preggy I am the other day! :confused:

Thanks...... I think!! I dont feel nearly 40 but I probably look it!!