Anglo Pacific

Old Jul 18th 2011, 4:25 am
Forum Regular

Reylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to all
Default Anglo Pacific

Has anyone used Anglo Pacific for their shipping at all? What is your opinion of their prices/service?
Old Jul 18th 2011, 6:15 am
Account Closed

DandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anglo Pacific

Originally Posted by Reylan
Has anyone used Anglo Pacific for their shipping at all? What is your opinion of their prices/service?
Hello

Our belongings were packed up by Anglo on 4 July, then they came back on 5th July to load the container. I honestly can't say what they were like in the flesh as I didn't meet the bloke who came round to do the initial quote (I was at work in the UK) and I didn't get to meet the guys who packed up the house (I have moved to NZ by then).

My husband however said they worked like a well oiled machine and he was very impressed with the speed they worked at and the care they showed our belongings.

We had Pickfords, Anglo and Robinson in, like I said I didn't meet any of them but the reason we went with Anglo is they gave us loads and hints and tips on when to drain dishwashers etc, how to best clean bikes and garden furniture.

They also weren't fussed or fazed by the sheer number of books we have shipped. Basically they got us, they got that whilst our furniture and belongings are super expensive they are ours, if you get that. We were impressed by the fact that they were the only ones who talked about building crates for our large pictures and mirrors.

They weren't the cheapest but they were the company we felt most comfortable with. They got back to us with the info we wanted in a timely fashion and when we haggled with the price they were able to match what we were prepared to pay.

I think we paid £3700 for door to service, from Luton, Beds, to Invercargill.

So far so good, however remember our stuff hasn't arrived, yet!!

Jo
Old Jul 18th 2011, 7:43 pm
Just Joined

emmabc has a brilliant futureemmabc has a brilliant futureemmabc has a brilliant futureemmabc has a brilliant futureemmabc has a brilliant futureemmabc has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by DandJMay
Hello

Our belongings were packed up by Anglo on 4 July, then they came back on 5th July to load the container. I honestly can't say what they were like in the flesh as I didn't meet the bloke who came round to do the initial quote (I was at work in the UK) and I didn't get to meet the guys who packed up the house (I have moved to NZ by then).

My husband however said they worked like a well oiled machine and he was very impressed with the speed they worked at and the care they showed our belongings.

We had Pickfords, Anglo and Robinson in, like I said I didn't meet any of them but the reason we went with Anglo is they gave us loads and hints and tips on when to drain dishwashers etc, how to best clean bikes and garden furniture.

They also weren't fussed or fazed by the sheer number of books we have shipped. Basically they got us, they got that whilst our furniture and belongings are super expensive they are ours, if you get that. We were impressed by the fact that they were the only ones who talked about building crates for our large pictures and mirrors.

They weren't the cheapest but they were the company we felt most comfortable with. They got back to us with the info we wanted in a timely fashion and when we haggled with the price they were able to match what we were prepared to pay.

I think we paid £3700 for door to service, from Luton, Beds, to Invercargill.

So far so good, however remember our stuff hasn't arrived, yet!!

Jo
We also used Anglo - my furniture left in the 1.7.11 and when I contacted them regarding tracking they informed me that the container is due in on the 20.8.11, impressive if this date stays fixed although I am sure we will have to wait a couple of weeks for all the checks. The quoted us £3800 around about and I asked them to price match PSS or Pickford, they didn't but did knock a couple of hundred off the price and I decided to go with them for the same reasons as DandJMay - the service was Swift they were in at 745 am out by 1pm and then in at 7.30 the next day and the container was loaded by 12 noon, the container driver was really impressed as was I. Just need to wait and see what condition my furniture arrives in.
Old Jul 19th 2011, 9:00 pm
Just Joined

annaonholiday is an unknown quantity at this point

I had Anglo Pacific do my 1st shipment of removals last month - the movers came on time (they offered to come earlier than the appointed time on the actual day, but I wasn't ready yet, so we stuck to the original hour), and efficienty packed up everything for me.

I had done quite a bit of packing on my own already (personal belongings which I didn't want people to ruffle through ... some women might be a bit more sensitive about having their knickers man-handled. :P)...

The 2 guys they sent over did a decent job of packing everything up. However, since my boxes are now in storage, I do not know whether they'll arrive on time and what condition they'll arrive in as they haven't been shipped yet.

I have only just joined the forum and have read some negative reviews of Anglo Pacific, so naturally, I am quite anxious and worried whether my belongings will go missing or damaged. I did not take up much insurance for my belongings, thinking that Anglo was a reputable company, and should load my items safely.

My belongings took up twice the space quoted (301 cu ft vs 155 cu ft), hence my cost was 50% higher.

That said, I am a little skeptical about movers and their style of packing - if we packed our own boxes, we tend to maximize the space inside the boxes rather than stuff it with paper, as we do not want to waste the space since we're charged for it. I have a feeling the movers were more 'generous' with using up paper stuffing and boxes, hence... not surprisingly, my stuff took up 2x the space initially expected!

The most important thing now is that my stuff arrive safely.

I now have a 2nd shipment (excess baggage due to the Sales!) and I'm tempted to go with them again, but having read this forum... I'm of two minds now. There are some who have had good experiences, and some who've had nightmarish ones. I think this is the case with almost any movers...

I'm considering Excess Baggage Company, and I wonder if they are better. Well, I have the next 48hrs to make up my mind and book my collection date, as I ship out next Monday, and fly off on Tuesday.

Last edited by annaonholiday; Jul 19th 2011 at 9:06 pm.
Old Jul 21st 2011, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

Moliknickers is just really niceMoliknickers is just really niceMoliknickers is just really niceMoliknickers is just really niceMoliknickers is just really niceMoliknickers is just really niceMoliknickers is just really niceMoliknickers is just really niceMoliknickers is just really nice

We used Crown same sort of money all good, saleseman less creepy.. all arrived intact!
Old Jul 21st 2011, 8:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

florabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond repute

We had anglo pacific out today and they were £900 cheaper than PSS!!! Strong believer in my gut feeling and really liked them but have another quote tomorrow (Whyte & Co) The guy from Anglo was straight talking and gave us a heap more advice than PSS did.
Old Aug 1st 2011, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

Reylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to all

Thanks for all that - How about Robinsons?
Old Aug 1st 2011, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

dubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nice

We used anglo pacific, many years ago and they were great
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 4:28 am
Forum Regular

Mrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really nice

OUr stuff arrived in June courtesy of Anglo Pacific....they are excellent (well the local contractors they use to pack and unpack are excellent).
Old Jun 16th 2012, 9:44 pm
Just Joined

kzgqgf is an unknown quantity at this point

I got quotes from many removal firms for move to Canada, and on a per cuft basis, Anglo was by far the most expensive for a 40ft sole use container. I had a wide range of volume estimates and Anglo's was on the low end. They were the only company I negotiated with who refused to agree to honour the price they quoted if their packers calculated the volume of the exact same goods differently on packing day - they said they would change me more. All in, their price could easily have ended up 40% more expensive than Pearsons, and 30% more than Robinsons or PSS. I don't care if Anglo service included fluffing my pillows when they unpacked up, they ain't worth the trouble of dealing with. Complete waste of my time.
Old Jun 17th 2012, 12:30 am
Forum Regular

ianrobbo has a brilliant futureianrobbo has a brilliant futureianrobbo has a brilliant futureianrobbo has a brilliant futureianrobbo has a brilliant futureianrobbo has a brilliant futureianrobbo has a brilliant future

I used Anglo to ship my car last year and all went really well as I also (at their suggestion) had it packed full to bursting with boxes/suitcases etc.
Old Dec 6th 2012, 12:23 pm
Just Joined

msadler is an unknown quantity at this point

BE WARNED - DON'T USE ANGLO PACIFIC.
1. They broke our fragile wine glasses by not putting protective packing around each glass. I attempted to make a claim under their £40 per item, but was sent an insurance claim form. Because of the excess we wouldn’t be able to claim. By this stage I’d read the reviews, so knew claiming was next to useless!
2. After I told them to quote me to the 25 floor, we had to pay extra to have the goods taken a little further than a house front door to the goods lift. Even though it was easier (no steps and not even a curb) than taking the items up to a first floor which they include for free! Mind you, a very good friend of mine who had moved a month before us using exactly the same companies wasn’t charge any extra to go up to a 5th floor.
3. We had to chase them to ship our car from London - which was finally sent about 6 weeks after they said it would be. They told us not to pack anything in the car, so it could pass through customs quicker. But when I finally got the car home I opened the hatch back to find 2 boxes belonging to 2 different people - this must've delayed customs. But we obviously paid to ship our own items which we could have put in our car - whilst Anglo Pacific avoided paying shipping costs on the 2 items which shouldn't have been in our car! I even found a note in our car stating there were 2 boxes in the boot. I hope the strangers items we got with the car weren't of sentimental value.
I wish we had read reviews before we shipped - very silly us.
I really hope they go out of business!
Old Dec 6th 2012, 2:12 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by msadler
BE WARNED - DON'T USE ANGLO PACIFIC.
1. They broke our fragile wine glasses by not putting protective packing around each glass. I attempted to make a claim under their £40 per item, but was sent an insurance claim form. Because of the excess we wouldn’t be able to claim. By this stage I’d read the reviews, so knew claiming was next to useless!
2. After I told them to quote me to the 25 floor, we had to pay extra to have the goods taken a little further than a house front door to the goods lift. Even though it was easier (no steps and not even a curb) than taking the items up to a first floor which they include for free! Mind you, a very good friend of mine who had moved a month before us using exactly the same companies wasn’t charge any extra to go up to a 5th floor.
3. We had to chase them to ship our car from London - which was finally sent about 6 weeks after they said it would be. They told us not to pack anything in the car, so it could pass through customs quicker. But when I finally got the car home I opened the hatch back to find 2 boxes belonging to 2 different people - this must've delayed customs. But we obviously paid to ship our own items which we could have put in our car - whilst Anglo Pacific avoided paying shipping costs on the 2 items which shouldn't have been in our car! I even found a note in our car stating there were 2 boxes in the boot. I hope the strangers items we got with the car weren't of sentimental value.
I wish we had read reviews before we shipped - very silly us.
I really hope they go out of business!
Hi there and welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear of your bad experience.

How did you find B.E.?

I used Anglo-Pacific and they were fantastic but I've heard good and bad of all the companies.

From where did you move and where are you now? In N.Z.?

Enjoy B.E.
Old Dec 6th 2012, 6:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Caz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond repute

I used them to ship 4 boxes of stuff from the UK. I found them to be quite helpful with what can and can't go in them.
I didn't deal with them personally UK end as my family packed up the boxes but from what I know, all went smoothly - a variety of boxes were dropped off as requested, my family packed them up. They came to pick them up on time as arranged. Got shipped fairly quickly I think and arrived on time in NZ. Didn't take too long to go through customs (but was only a few boxes) and they didn't take too long to arrange to deliver them.
I'd even moved in the time between the boxes leaving the UK and arriving in NZ and wasn't a hassle getting my delivery address changed this end.
Old Dec 7th 2012, 9:46 am
Just Joined

msadler is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes
Hi there and welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear of your bad experience.

How did you find B.E.?

I used Anglo-Pacific and they were fantastic but I've heard good and bad of all the companies.

From where did you move and where are you now? In N.Z.?

Enjoy B.E.
I found B.E. via a Google search.
Well I thought the way they treated me was disgraceful! They have no idea what customer service is!
I moved from London to Melbourne.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.