British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Anglo Pacific (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/anglo-pacific-585539/)

iwannagonow Jan 19th 2009 8:42 pm

Anglo Pacific

Hi everyone!

The other day we had a nice young fellow from Anglo Pacific round our house. We found him to be very helpful & informative & answered all the stoopid little questions we asked him :o

Has anyone else had any experience of Anglo Pacific? Good or bad?

They quoted us £3595 for a 20ft container...I thought this was fairly reasonable...am I right? :sneaky:

cleverchap Jan 19th 2009 9:58 pm

Re: Anglo Pacific

Is that consolidated or dedicated 20ft container? Door to door? Hold or deck cargo? And will they pack it for you?

A slightly different scenario as we have no furniture but I got a quote from 1st Move International for shipping 2 vehicles from England (Southampton) to Wellington in a dedicated 40ft container for 2300GBP I also asked if the vehicles could be filled with personal items and told 'yes' :thumbsup:

iwannagonow Jan 19th 2009 10:08 pm

Hi Cleverchap,

the container is solely ours & the contents will all be wrapped & packed by the Anglo Pacific men...then shipped to Tauranga, where we will be eagerly waiting :thumbsup:

alanmacc Jan 19th 2009 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by iwannagonow (Post 7188833)
Hi everyone!

The other day we had a nice young fellow from Anglo Pacific round our house. We found him to be very helpful & informative & answered all the stoopid little questions we asked him :o

They quoted us £3595 for a 20ft container...I thought this was fairly reasonable...am I right? :sneaky:

Hi we used anglo pacific for our move, they were the cheapest and did all the packing and wrapping.

Are you filling a container or will it be LCL, if its a full container id expect 6 - 8 weeks, were LCL and it took 13 weeks to get here !!!

No real issues with them, I assume they will use NZ Van lines at this end, I had again no issues with them but plenty of people have had problems, but I think its all down to the guys on the day.

Good luck with the big move

Ian & Sharon Jan 20th 2009 1:18 am

We used them and they were hopeless, quite a lot of our gear was broken and to my shock was not covered by the insurance, at the quote stage they said it would be!
When I complained they fobbed me off, after a very short space of time they stopped returning my call's, the people that I needed to talk to were never in (yer right)
Quite a lot of people have had the same problems ad they have been given the name "Anglo P@thetic"
I'd try elsewhere and pay the extra $ for someone else, its a hart breaking experience to open boxes and find most of you sentimental valuables broken beyond repair.

nukiwi Jan 20th 2009 2:05 am

It definitely pays to get a few quotes. Anglo Pacific were the first to give us a quote and we found the guy to be very informative but he also suggested that we get other quotes. So we did and got quotes from PSS and John Mason who both came out cheaper than Anglo. However we knew someone who had used John Mason so we decided to go with them and they were fantastic. The only drawback we had was that we only had enough for a shared container and this took 15 weeks to get here :curse:

Apart from that everything was fine and no breakages.

theduke Jan 20th 2009 6:15 am

Hi everyone!

We used them we had absolutely no problems with them at all, I shipped all contents packed everything and also my collectors motorcycle no issues again everything arrived great.

NZ van lines are another story, they dropped an antic wall clock in our house, and kept telling us everything was at the dock when it was in their yard, got over it a bit.

Only advice I would give you is ask them for a zero no claims in their insurance policy if they are so sure everything will arrive undamaged.

mickey_d Jan 20th 2009 7:23 am

Hi everyone!

I'd give PSS a try as well. As you are in Chesterfield you'd probably get the same gang as we did, they covered from Birmingham to Leeds I think. They were fantastic, all done & dusted in 5 hours. I think it was around 2300 GBP for 20' container 2 1/2 years ago. No damage or breakages either.

iwannagonow Jan 20th 2009 7:40 am

We've also had a quote from Allied Pickfords...wasn't very impressed with the chap that came round & they were very miserable & didn't seem like they could be bothered when I spoke to them on the phone! :thumbdown:

We've also booked quotes from Crown & PSS who are coming to ours next week, so we'll see what they have to say :sneaky:

teebrown Jan 20th 2009 8:19 am

We used Allied Movers if you belong to the site Mov****.com then you also get a discount, they packed our stuff last week and were brilliant, they used Wentworth International this end and they deal with the NZ end, they were very professional and very quick, lovely guys. We were charged $9915 but when we paid the exchange rate was 2.42!! so it cost us £4,000 but if the exchange rate was higher obviously it would be cheaper. What made me go with them is the guy in NZ took the time to phone and follow up the sale and then proceed to phone throughout to make sure everything was going well.

Broaders Jan 20th 2009 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by teebrown (Post 7190796)
We used Allied Movers if you belong to the site Mov****.com then you also get a discount, they packed our stuff last week and were brilliant, they used Wentworth International this end and they deal with the NZ end, they were very professional and very quick, lovely guys. We were charged $9915 but when we paid the exchange rate was 2.42!! so it cost us £4,000 but if the exchange rate was higher obviously it would be cheaper. What made me go with them is the guy in NZ took the time to phone and follow up the sale and then proceed to phone throughout to make sure everything was going well.

Hi - the £4,000.00 for Allied Movers was that for a 40ft sole use container? We were looking at using Anglo Pacific and have got them down to £5,200 on cost including our car using a 40ft container.

Cheers.

MontyMon Jan 23rd 2009 9:15 pm

We are currently in process of getting quotes, have so far had PSS, Anglo Pacific and White & Co.

This whole thing seems to be a complete mine-field as everyone has different experiences.

In getting the quotations I was both impressed by PSS and AP who have both phoned back to check that the written quote has been received. However one concern was that while AP and W&Co were within a hair of each other calculating space needed PSS seemed to be about 120cu ft less. I'm sure i've seen a posting somewhere that warns that they tend to under-estimate.

So, sympathy for all of you scratching yr heads as the quotes roll in. Must get something for that bald patch thats developing!!

teebrown Jan 24th 2009 11:44 am

Originally Posted by Broaders (Post 7191571)
Hi - the £4,000.00 for Allied Movers was that for a 40ft sole use container? We were looking at using Anglo Pacific and have got them down to £5,200 on cost including our car using a 40ft container.

Cheers.

Hi, no that was for a 20ft container sole use.

NermaltheCute Jan 24th 2009 11:49 am

We've booked with Anglo Pacific and they are due here on the 12th Feb to pack so can't say how they'll be. Up to now they've been really helpful. I don't understand the insurance though. Anyone got any advice on this?

teebrown Jan 24th 2009 11:56 am

Originally Posted by NermaltheCute (Post 7207777)
We've booked with Anglo Pacific and they are due here on the 12th Feb to pack so can't say how they'll be. Up to now they've been really helpful. I don't understand the insurance though. Anyone got any advice on this?

We didn't take out the shipping insurance with the company we took out Marine Insurance with Letton and Percival, we insured for £13,700 and they charged us £218 - alot cheaper than the shipping agents.