Anglo Pacific

Old Jan 24th 2009, 12:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

iwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anglo Pacific

oooo-think we'll have to check them out then! Has your insurance got any excess?

Think we're gonna go with Anglo Pacific too...although we've still got to get quotes from PSS & Crown...they're coming Monday & Tuesday so we'll see what they have to say!
Old Jan 24th 2009, 3:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute

I think the excess is £50 but insurance is only from house pick up and whilst on ship and stops when the cargo lands at destination. If goods are damaged whilst in transit on ship it's all covered. I did see a picture on the internet of a cargo ship listing to the right and a few containers hanging over the edge and a few crushed, and apprently 2,000 - 10,000 a year get lost over board, so I think insurance is wise.
Old Jan 24th 2009, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

cleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to all

Originally Posted by teebrown
apprently 2,000 - 10,000 a year get lost over board, so I think insurance is wise.
A few images of what can happen whilst in transit
http://images.google.co.nz/images?hl...+of+fail&gbv=2
Old Jan 29th 2009, 8:22 am
BE Enthusiast

iwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Well, we've now got all the quotes in for sole use of a 20' container:

Anglo Pacific...............£3598
Allied Pickfords............£3591
PSS..........................£3185
Crown.......................£3698

We have decided to go with PSS...I shall be ringing them in a matter of minutes! They have given us the cheapest quote & I have only heard good reports about them

Next...insurance...I shall definately be ringing Letton Percival for a quote!
Old Jan 29th 2009, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

jimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant future

hi everyone

we used anglo pacific because they just seemd to be that little more honest than the rest. guy that came just told us what they did and didnt try the hard sell. we used them and today all our stuff arrived here in new plymouth. door to door service was excellent and the guys here in np were fab. if you have the same guys as us you will be very pleased with anglo pacific.

jim and debs xx
Old Jan 29th 2009, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

NermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really nice

Glad to hear that, Anglo Pacific pack us up on the 12th Feb. Hope they're good to us!
Old Jan 29th 2009, 11:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Update:

have just come off the phone with PSS...they had previously quoted us £3185...which was pretty good anyway (£500 less than the other quotes we've had)...I asked if they could reduce it any & they knocked another £100 off!

Also, their insurance is 2.8% of the total value of your goods, Letton percival is only 1.6% When I told PSS, they said they could reduce their insurance to 2% with only £50 excess rather than Letton's £100 or 1% whichever is the greater...so now, I'm not sure which to go with!

Just goes to show...it's worth asking for a discount! The worst they can do is say no!
Old Jan 30th 2009, 12:46 pm
Just Joined

theresaconnor is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Anglo Pacific

Just been reading the thread. We used John Mason some time ago and they were brilliant. May not be the cheapest, not extortionate but certainly they were the best value for money in our opinion. Everything they said they would do they did. Give them a call. The number I had was 0151 449 3938 but their website is www.johnmason.com.

Theresa x
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 5:21 am
Forum Regular

dubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nice

hi we used

anglo pacific, had a 40ft container, which contained our life possessions and two cars. No problems at all, great service