Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Anal NZ house, GRRRRRR! RANT

Anal NZ house, GRRRRRR! RANT

Old Jan 16th 2007, 10:55 am
  #16  
ex corrections officer
 
Puppypower's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: was Bucks.UK now Dunedin. NZ
Posts: 39
Puppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to all
Default Re: Anal NZ house, GRRRRRR! RANT

Originally Posted by puppypower View Post
Here is my NZ House rant....... I have an irish Passport due to my parents being born there. I have it because i can! I am dual nationality although i have never lived in Ireland. They want me to have a police check from Ireland!!!
Update.
As i have no Irish address i can't have a police check.
What i have to apply for is a disclosure of personal information pursuant to section 4 of the Data Protection Act 1988 and 2003.
It costs euro 6.35 and can take up to 40 days.
But i spoke to a nice man in ireland who said that i could go and pick it up from him in person on the 26th. Ryanair flights are booked...1p each way!
All this because i have what i am entiled to.
Nine years in the Royal Navy and Seventeen in the Prison Service is not enough proof that i have never lived in Ireland!!!
Puppypower is offline  
Old Jan 16th 2007, 11:16 am
  #17  
Sweeeeet!
Thread Starter
 
Littletoe's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: NZ - for now!
Posts: 827
Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anal NZ house, GRRRRRR! RANT

Originally Posted by puppypower View Post
Update.
As i have no Irish address i can't have a police check.
What i have to apply for is a disclosure of personal information pursuant to section 4 of the Data Protection Act 1988 and 2003.
It costs euro 6.35 and can take up to 40 days.
But i spoke to a nice man in ireland who said that i could go and pick it up from him in person on the 26th. Ryanair flights are booked...1p each way!
All this because i have what i am entiled to.
Nine years in the Royal Navy and Seventeen in the Prison Service is not enough proof that i have never lived in Ireland!!!

Crikey, I can't believe it!! I'm surprised they haven't asked for a DNA test as a further security check. Still, at least you get yourself a little holiday!! And before the new taxes come in! Good luck with it! I've since received my form back from the Health Visitor and sent it today, so good vibes for both of us!
Littletoe is offline  
Old Jan 16th 2007, 11:20 am
  #18  
ex corrections officer
 
Puppypower's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: was Bucks.UK now Dunedin. NZ
Posts: 39
Puppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to all
Default Re: Anal NZ house, GRRRRRR! RANT

Originally Posted by Littletoe View Post
Crikey, I can't believe it!! I'm surprised they haven't asked for a DNA test as a further security check. Still, at least you get yourself a little holiday!! And before the new taxes come in! Good luck with it! I've since received my form back from the Health Visitor and sent it today, so good vibes for both of us!
ssshhhhhh! if you say the dna word they might hear you and think it would be a good idea!!
Puppypower is offline  
Old Jan 16th 2007, 11:24 am
  #19  
Sweeeeet!
Thread Starter
 
Littletoe's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: NZ - for now!
Posts: 827
Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anal NZ house, GRRRRRR! RANT

Originally Posted by puppypower View Post
ssshhhhhh! if you say the dna word they might hear you and think it would be a good idea!!
Haha! You know its weird, I'm from bucks and my husband's family are all Irish, he could have an Irish passport as well, but I told him we needn't have yet more paperwork if it could be avoided! He's from, errrr, Dunegal?? Not sure on spelling, sorry!
Littletoe is offline  
Old Jan 16th 2007, 1:26 pm
  #20  
Just Joined
 
Mississauga Or Bust's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 11
Mississauga Or Bust has a brilliant futureMississauga Or Bust has a brilliant futureMississauga Or Bust has a brilliant futureMississauga Or Bust has a brilliant futureMississauga Or Bust has a brilliant futureMississauga Or Bust has a brilliant future
Default Re: Anal NZ house, GRRRRRR! RANT

Originally Posted by Littletoe View Post
I'm so annoyed. We sent my baby's citizenship request to the NZ embassy at the start of the month. Previously we had the proof of identity bit filled in by the Health Visitor. She had neglected to write our daughter's name in one bit, but had written it on another, so my husband wrote that bit. Otherwise it was all filled in by her, all her details, blah, blah. Anyway, the embassy called yesterday to say they noticed the name was filled in different handwriting, possibly my husband's. I didn't want to lie, so I said yes. She said that had invalidated the form. So she'd have to send another one. I said, 'can't you just call the woman and confirm the details.' I mean, my daughter isn't even three months old yet, I personally don't see the issue. She was all snotty about it, AND she'd lost one of the photos! Now there's a delay. I just want to GET OUT OF HERE. They've got ALL this paperwork from us, how can they be so anal about a baby's paperwork?? To add to my ever growing list of frustrations, the health visitor was off sick for weeks before Christmas, and then had loads of holiday. Being a health visitor, she only works for like two hours a fortnight or something ridiculous like that. Who else can sign the form though, THERE'S NO ONE, she's a baby. GRRRRRRRRRRRR!
Hi Littletoe,

I am really sorry to hear about your trouble with the form but can't your GP help you out and confirm the identity of your baby instead?
Mississauga Or Bust is offline  
Old Jan 16th 2007, 1:53 pm
  #21  
Sweeeeet!
Thread Starter
 
Littletoe's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: NZ - for now!
Posts: 827
Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anal NZ house, GRRRRRR! RANT

Originally Posted by Mississauga Or Bust View Post
Hi Littletoe,

I am really sorry to hear about your trouble with the form but can't your GP help you out and confirm the identity of your baby instead?
Hiya!

Thanks for your post. The citizenship form only needed one signature, but the passport application requires two, so I've got the GP to sign the other one. We did plan that if the initial form by the Health Visitor took too long we'd get someone else but fortunatly, its all sorted now! And I sent it today! So fingers crossed its right this time!
Littletoe is offline  
Old Jan 16th 2007, 2:01 pm
  #22  
Just Joined
 
Mississauga Or Bust's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 11
Mississauga Or Bust has a brilliant futureMississauga Or Bust has a brilliant futureMississauga Or Bust has a brilliant futureMississauga Or Bust has a brilliant futureMississauga Or Bust has a brilliant futureMississauga Or Bust has a brilliant future
Default Re: Anal NZ house, GRRRRRR! RANT

Originally Posted by Littletoe View Post
Hiya!

Thanks for your post. The citizenship form only needed one signature, but the passport application requires two, so I've got the GP to sign the other one. We did plan that if the initial form by the Health Visitor took too long we'd get someone else but fortunatly, its all sorted now! And I sent it today! So fingers crossed its right this time!
That's great News then.
One less thing to worry about, hey?
Mississauga Or Bust is offline  
Old Jan 16th 2007, 2:03 pm
  #23  
Sweeeeet!
Thread Starter
 
Littletoe's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: NZ - for now!
Posts: 827
Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anal NZ house, GRRRRRR! RANT

Originally Posted by Mississauga Or Bust View Post
That's great News then.
One less thing to worry about, hey?
There's plenty more to replace it though! Still, its all been added to my blog, I can't wait to be drinking Kiwi wine and reading through all these bits when we're settled in NZ!
Littletoe is offline  
Old Jan 16th 2007, 3:49 pm
  #24  
ex corrections officer
 
Puppypower's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: was Bucks.UK now Dunedin. NZ
Posts: 39
Puppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to all
Default Re: Anal NZ house, GRRRRRR! RANT

Originally Posted by Littletoe View Post
Haha! You know its weird, I'm from bucks and my husband's family are all Irish, he could have an Irish passport as well, but I told him we needn't have yet more paperwork if it could be avoided! He's from, errrr, Dunegal?? Not sure on spelling, sorry!
Donegal
Puppypower is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.