Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Anal NZ house, GRRRRRR! RANT

Anal NZ house, GRRRRRR! RANT

Old Jan 12th 2007, 7:39 am
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anal NZ house, GRRRRRR! RANT

I'm so annoyed. We sent my baby's citizenship request to the NZ embassy at the start of the month. Previously we had the proof of identity bit filled in by the Health Visitor. She had neglected to write our daughter's name in one bit, but had written it on another, so my husband wrote that bit. Otherwise it was all filled in by her, all her details, blah, blah. Anyway, the embassy called yesterday to say they noticed the name was filled in different handwriting, possibly my husband's. I didn't want to lie, so I said yes. She said that had invalidated the form. So she'd have to send another one. I said, 'can't you just call the woman and confirm the details.' I mean, my daughter isn't even three months old yet, I personally don't see the issue. She was all snotty about it, AND she'd lost one of the photos! Now there's a delay. I just want to GET OUT OF HERE. They've got ALL this paperwork from us, how can they be so anal about a baby's paperwork?? To add to my ever growing list of frustrations, the health visitor was off sick for weeks before Christmas, and then had loads of holiday. Being a health visitor, she only works for like two hours a fortnight or something ridiculous like that. Who else can sign the form though, THERE'S NO ONE, she's a baby. GRRRRRRRRRRRR!
Old Jan 12th 2007, 7:44 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anal NZ house, GRRRRRR! RANT

Originally Posted by Littletoe
I'm so annoyed. We sent my baby's citizenship request to the NZ embassy at the start of the month. Previously we had the proof of identity bit filled in by the Health Visitor. She had neglected to write our daughter's name in one bit, but had written it on another, so my husband wrote that bit. Otherwise it was all filled in by her, all her details, blah, blah. Anyway, the embassy called yesterday to say they noticed the name was filled in different handwriting, possibly my husband's. I didn't want to lie, so I said yes. She said that had invalidated the form. So she'd have to send another one. I said, 'can't you just call the woman and confirm the details.' I mean, my daughter isn't even three months old yet, I personally don't see the issue. She was all snotty about it, AND she'd lost one of the photos! Now there's a delay. I just want to GET OUT OF HERE. They've got ALL this paperwork from us, how can they be so anal about a baby's paperwork?? To add to my ever growing list of frustrations, the health visitor was off sick for weeks before Christmas, and then had loads of holiday. Being a health visitor, she only works for like two hours a fortnight or something ridiculous like that. Who else can sign the form though, THERE'S NO ONE, she's a baby. GRRRRRRRRRRRR!
I can offer no help whatsoever, just my commiserations. We had a major hold up (or so it seemed at the time) and it just seems to go on for ever, leaving your life in limbo.
However, it's good to have a rant now and again, hopefully you will feel better for sharing!!
Old Jan 12th 2007, 7:46 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karonious
I can offer no help whatsoever, just my commiserations. We had a major hold up (or so it seemed at the time) and it just seems to go on for ever, leaving your life in limbo.
However, it's good to have a rant now and again, hopefully you will feel better for sharing!!
go on have a good moan & get it off your chest ,
best wishes xx
Old Jan 12th 2007, 8:13 am
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute

Hi ladies

Thank you for listening/reading! Just wanted to explode somewhere because my husband's sick of hearing it!

That's one to add to the blog, which I hope to be reading back when I'm actually in NZ, if I ever bloody get there!
Old Jan 12th 2007, 12:48 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

I'm afraid I have no advice either, just more commiserations. I hate it when government officials screw up. When I entered the US on my immigrant visa, they put the wrong stamp in my passport. That was "fun" to sort out.
Old Jan 12th 2007, 12:54 pm
Sweeeeet!

Originally Posted by Maz
I'm afraid I have no advice either, just more commiserations. I hate it when government officials screw up. When I entered the US on my immigrant visa, they put the wrong stamp in my passport. That was "fun" to sort out.
What? The Americans made a mistake? Don't believe it...
Old Jan 12th 2007, 1:17 pm

Mandie is an unknown quantity at this point

Being a health visitor, she only works for like two hours a fortnight or something ridiculous like that. GRRRRRRRRRRRR!
Just looking at this statement...i think its a bit unfair as i'm sure they only work 2 hours a month.....and not 2 a fortnight ha ha ha!!!

Well at least you haven't lost your sense of humour!!!

Really sorry you're having such a struggle with the paper work. Am thinking of you and hope you get it all sorted soon...that's once your lazy arse of a health visitor finishes her R&R and gets on with her work. Its so annoying though as it puts things back more and more.

Keep your chin up and don't let the B'ards get you down
take care Mandie
Old Jan 12th 2007, 1:31 pm
Sweeeeet!

Originally Posted by Mandie.H
Just looking at this statement...i think its a bit unfair as i'm sure they only work 2 hours a month.....and not 2 a fortnight ha ha ha!!!

Well at least you haven't lost your sense of humour!!!

Really sorry you're having such a struggle with the paper work. Am thinking of you and hope you get it all sorted soon...that's once your lazy arse of a health visitor finishes her R&R and gets on with her work. Its so annoying though as it puts things back more and more.

Keep your chin up and don't let the B'ards get you down
take care Mandie

Thanks Mandie. I'm stomping around the house like a bear with a sore head at the moment. I can't get over how rude the embassy was about it! My husband called them (he's a Kiwi, so its his lot that's the problem!), he had a bit of a go about the photo thing, and they said they'd 'manage' with just one photo. Called the health visitor's office, not sure how many times, but I'm ALWAYS greeted with an answerphone. When the embassy called me on my mobile, I was out in 'the downpour' I was soaked to the bone, and then all these cars drove by fast and splashed me!! I'd only gone out to get some medication for my daughter who is now TEETHING!! It was almost like one of those comedy days, everything that could go wrong, did go wrong. Oh, at the time I was wearing my 'All Blacks' jumper to remind me to stay focused, and of course because it was soaked I washed it. This morning I've been picking the cards out the washing machine, my switch, credit cards, etc. (were in the pocket) Anyway, this morning, my toddler thew up over me, and my baby poo'd all over me. I'm having a pity party! Once my husband gets back I'm going to get me some wine!
Old Jan 12th 2007, 1:50 pm

Mandie is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Mandie. I'm stomping around the house like a bear with a sore head at the moment. I can't get over how rude the embassy was about it! My husband called them (he's a Kiwi, so its his lot that's the problem!), he had a bit of a go about the photo thing, and they said they'd 'manage' with just one photo. Called the health visitor's office, not sure how many times, but I'm ALWAYS greeted with an answerphone. When the embassy called me on my mobile, I was out in 'the downpour' I was soaked to the bone, and then all these cars drove by fast and splashed me!! I'd only gone out to get some medication for my daughter who is now TEETHING!! It was almost like one of those comedy days, everything that could go wrong, did go wrong. Oh, at the time I was wearing my 'All Blacks' jumper to remind me to stay focused, and of course because it was soaked I washed it. This morning I've been picking the cards out the washing machine, my switch, credit cards, etc. (were in the pocket) Anyway, this morning, my toddler thew up over me, and my baby poo'd all over me. I'm having a pity party! Once my husband gets back I'm going to get me some wine!
Ah bless you hun...what a crappy few days!!!

Karma being sent your way for a better weekend...has the puke and shite smell worn off yet, bet you smelt lovely???

Luckily my baby days are long past (well at home anyway) as my girls are 15 and 12, actually come to think of it 2 hormonal teenagers...think i'd rather be shat and puked on any day rather than having a 'vicky pollard' in da house!!!

take care
Mandie x
Old Jan 12th 2007, 1:55 pm
Sweeeeet!

Originally Posted by Mandie.H
Ah bless you hun...what a crappy few days!!!

Karma being sent your way for a better weekend...has the puke and shite smell worn off yet, bet you smelt lovely???

Luckily my baby days are long past (well at home anyway) as my girls are 15 and 12, actually come to think of it 2 hormonal teenagers...think i'd rather be shat and puked on any day rather than having a 'vicky pollard' in da house!!!

take care
Mandie x

LOL! Judging how I was at the age, yep, I'm the lucky one! Clothes in the machine for a second cycle! Both babies are napping at the moment, ahhhhh, peace. Bet they both wake up at the same time!
Old Jan 12th 2007, 5:34 pm
ex corrections officer

Puppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to all

LOL! Judging how I was at the age, yep, I'm the lucky one! Clothes in the machine for a second cycle! Both babies are napping at the moment, ahhhhh, peace. Bet they both wake up at the same time!
Here is my NZ House rant....... I have an irish Passport due to my parents being born there. I have it because i can! I am dual nationality although i have never lived in Ireland. They want me to have a police check from Ireland!!!
Old Jan 12th 2007, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

Perdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to all

Sent you some karma, am there with my lot (age 4,2 and 4m!!) as well and a big
Old Jan 12th 2007, 6:44 pm

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point

ahhh - when it gets this bad, if you cant beat em join em.

I would hop on the train to Haymarket, picking up a lovely bit of fresh trout from a supermarket or mongers.

You must imagine you are a student of the Ministry of Silly Walks. Do a 'John Cleese' all through Haymarket down to Pall Mall and back up again. Anyone who stops you get your trout and slap them around the face.

make your way up to the Embassy and ask for this woman. As she arrives at the counter, take aim, and, SLAP (with trout).

Walk off.

Thats a good days work - well done.

sending you karma for some chill time, and karma to babs for toothy pegs.
Old Jan 13th 2007, 4:36 pm
Sweeeeet!

Originally Posted by dreamfish
ahhh - when it gets this bad, if you cant beat em join em.

I would hop on the train to Haymarket, picking up a lovely bit of fresh trout from a supermarket or mongers.

You must imagine you are a student of the Ministry of Silly Walks. Do a 'John Cleese' all through Haymarket down to Pall Mall and back up again. Anyone who stops you get your trout and slap them around the face.

make your way up to the Embassy and ask for this woman. As she arrives at the counter, take aim, and, SLAP (with trout).

Walk off.

Thats a good days work - well done.

sending you karma for some chill time, and karma to babs for toothy pegs.
Thanks mate, I actually first read that post last night when I was quite wasted (!!). I laughed for a long time! Its a great idea, although rather a waste of what might be a pleasant fish dinner. Thanks for the karma, will be applying that to baby's teeth tonight.
Old Jan 13th 2007, 4:38 pm
Sweeeeet!

Originally Posted by puppypower
Here is my NZ House rant....... I have an irish Passport due to my parents being born there. I have it because i can! I am dual nationality although i have never lived in Ireland. They want me to have a police check from Ireland!!!
Now that is really silly. I thought it was just for places that you lived, that's what the forms say. Grrrrr!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.