Amy Winehouse

Old Jul 25th 2011, 4:38 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Amy Winehouse

Originally Posted by alanmacc
well at the risk of offending everybody ........... she was a junkie no more no less, everything she took was all of her own free will and it killed her, just another one to add to the list
I both agree and don't at the same time. It's very fashionable to see drug use as being beyond somebody's control but that's not quite true since some people do kick the habit. Maybe it's beyond our control (genetics) or maybe it's an inherent will some have to overcome their addiction or both, we don't yet know for sure.

She did go to rehab of her own choosing at times but continued to reside in London amongst those who enabled her . Maybe she was mistaken about her own invincibility as young people who lack experience at the "life" thing tend to be? Maybe she, like many musicians, used in the creative process and it just got out of hand? We just don't know.

For many normal people it's probably easier in a way because once you lose your job etc. your pretty quickly going to hit a funding cap so your resources are limited. For someone like Winehouse however that wouldn't have been a limit.
Old Jul 25th 2011, 8:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute

So i see that people did not get where i was coming from, so she had depression, does that mean you start to inject heroin?? I think not,and please dont all jump on the self ritcheous band wagon of "unless you have suffered you dont know" absolute tosh ....... depression ..... been there did i take hard drugs no, I had exactly what she did, the support of a loving family, I chose to seek help to overcome it, she chose the easier way to keep out her face and ignore the world.

Yes she was talented but she chose to throw it all away, she had the support of a family behind her, her parent stood by her and tried to help her, please do not forget that she chose to pick up the syringe and inject, she chose to take coke, she chose to take 'e'

Of course we can all make mistakes and end up in dark places but it is how we recover from them, some people choose note to allow help in and then the enevitable happens, some shoose to get the help they need and recover.

I have watched close family members suffer sever addiction so please dont tell me about my uncaring attitude, I know only too well what it does to people and families, so dont sit back and critisise me and assume I am being hard and judgemental for somebody who chose to dewtroy their own and also the lives of people close to them

If people choose self destruction then believe me there is nothing you can do to help, you just have to pick up the destruction that is left behind.

I do not feel for her I do feel for her family who had to watch her self implode.
Old Jul 26th 2011, 2:30 am
Forum Regular

faye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to all

I have to agree with Alanmacc about feeling for the family. They are certainly the ones who have suffered the most.
I met her once – she was bought by her father to the rehab centre I worked at long before her problems were widely known. She refused to acknowledge that she had a problem and considered herself to be just like any other young person. She was such a lovely person and very sweet but because she refused to accept she had a problem we couldn’t help her. It obviously spiralled out of control after this though and I think all those times she went to rehab she probably never fully admitted to her problem.
Her family have effectively had to watch her slowly destroy herself over the last 6 years.
Old Jul 26th 2011, 4:16 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by faye_h
I have to agree with Alanmacc about feeling for the family. They are certainly the ones who have suffered the most.
I met her once – she was bought by her father to the rehab centre I worked at long before her problems were widely known. She refused to acknowledge that she had a problem and considered herself to be just like any other young person. She was such a lovely person and very sweet but because she refused to accept she had a problem we couldn’t help her. It obviously spiralled out of control after this though and I think all those times she went to rehab she probably never fully admitted to her problem.
Her family have effectively had to watch her slowly destroy herself over the last 6 years.

Yes I agree with you about the people who loved her having to watch her slowly kill herself and couldn't help her, but I don't think people who say it was her fault, she's a junky and blah blah Is the way to go and I feel for her family and friends left behind and also sad that such another talented person is added to list of other messed up people
Old Jul 26th 2011, 8:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alanmacc
well at the risk of offending everybody ........... she was a junkie no more no less, everything she took was all of her own free will and it killed her, just another one to add to the list

Agreed 100%

Why is it when somebody famous goes its a "tragedy,before there time,ect"

One waste of space smackhead gone, plenty more to go

Neil
Old Jul 26th 2011, 8:55 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Find wasp nest, pick up stick, push it into the wasps nest, wiggle it around, pull out stick, wait..........
Old Jul 26th 2011, 9:04 am
BE Enthusiast

pricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by faye_h
I think that what is said in rehab should remain confidential.
There are plenty of people that say that they don't have a problem. To say that then a rehab can't help them is lazy and unprofessional. Most people are coerced into treatment in some way and addiction being the cunning and baffling entity that it is will help some people to struggle to believe that there is a problem.
However therapists are trained in ways to engage motivation. Most aren't going to get it first time around, but each time puts them closer to the time that they will.
Old Jul 26th 2011, 9:20 am

Lots of boring old tossers on here that think they are popular and witty

Plenty more to come
Old Jul 26th 2011, 9:40 am
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by love30stm
Lots of boring old tossers on here that think they are popular and witty
By 'eck, we should have a meet up!
If the other old tossers are as popular and witty as me it'll be a friggin' hoot!
Old Jul 26th 2011, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

Rachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really nice

Remember those in Norway

93 lives cruelly taken without warning, just normal folks going about there lives. 93 families destroyed in just a few hours.

Amy Winehouse chose her life and chose to live it the way she did and it killed her. She had a choice !
Old Jul 26th 2011, 10:24 am
Account Closed

billingham is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rachelb82

Remember those in Norway

93 lives cruelly taken without warning, just normal folks going about there lives. 93 families destroyed in just a few hours.

Amy Winehouse chose her life and chose to live it the way she did and it killed her. She had a choice !
Does it have to be an either / or situation? Does your compassion only allow one mourning at a time?
Old Jul 26th 2011, 10:33 am
BE Enthusiast

pricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by billingham
Does it have to be an either / or situation? Does your compassion only allow one mourning at a time?
+1
our hearts have a large capacity if we allow them

My grandmother passed away on the same week as the februaru earth quake. My friend's father the week the Japan tsunami. I think that we were still allowed to grieve even if our own tragedies were small they were still significant
Old Jul 26th 2011, 10:39 am
Account Closed

billingham is an unknown quantity at this point

A selection of quotes from BritishExpats.com

“so much data storage to be devoted to a self indulgent junkie.”

“the wasted crack whore “

“Should have gone to rehab, not no, no, no. “

“A good career move, should move a few records “

“Elton John to sing at her funeral - Candle under a spoon “

“Dear Lord, I pray that soon I will meet Amy Winehouse. Could your almighty power make this happen. Hans Janek, Age 14, Oslo “

“One waste of space smackhead gone, plenty more to go “

Makes you proud to be British.
Old Jul 26th 2011, 10:53 am

Yes agree with you Billingham, it's disgusting and don't surprise me on this forum mostly full of self opinionated ass oles I tried to get away from in the Uk , luckily I have never wanted to meet anyone on here and haven't
Old Jul 26th 2011, 10:58 am

Makes me sick after watching the news as Amys parents in grief at her funeral.

And you make sick jokes it disgusts me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.