Amy Winehouse

Old Jul 24th 2011, 7:02 pm
Just Joined

emmabc has a brilliant futureemmabc has a brilliant futureemmabc has a brilliant futureemmabc has a brilliant futureemmabc has a brilliant futureemmabc has a brilliant future
Default Re: Amy Winehouse

Originally Posted by Charismatic
I had an uncle once, he was a great guy. Very funny and thoughtful although I never knew him well as we lived in different countries and he only came once a year. He smokes two packs a day though, my father said to him many times “You know those things will kill you!” and I knew he was probably right.

One day my father walked into the house crying and said my uncle had died of a heart attack. My heart sank in my chest but a strange sort of feeling came over me, I didn’t cry or really know how to feel. I lay on my bed and thought about him a lot though, we had some great times and I was going to miss him. It was a strange thing that you could both love someone and yet, while others around you grieved, you had come to accept that person would one day die before they actually did so? Not in a non-empathetic and cold sort of way but I could somehow comprehend it as inevitable.

After about half an hour I went to get a glass of water and went to play some football with the kids on the street. I’ve only ever thought about him in passing since really.

That feeling about death, while it may seem an “inappropriate” way to feel about someone as others are grieving, has remained with me ever since. Indeed I’ve always been very puzzled by the behavior of others about this with their crying and anger, although they never expected people they knew to die one day? Still don’t really understand it .
It's so easy to judge without thought, a family are left mourning the death of their daughter and who knows why she went down a path of destruction, for me she is probably the best female british singer songwriter and it is just a sad day, I will miss her potential and I will always love her talent,music.
Old Jul 24th 2011, 10:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Jim Morrison Dead aged 27
Janis Joplin Dead aged 27
Kurt Cobain Dead aged 27
Brian Jones Dead aged 27
Jimi Hendrix Dead aged 27
Amy Winehouse Dead aged 27

Spooky...
Old Jul 25th 2011, 2:46 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

And that is about where the similarity stops really with Joplin, Hendrix and Winehouse .
Old Jul 25th 2011, 3:36 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

And that is about where the similarity stops really with Joplin, Hendrix and Winehouse .
I really think you should keep your opinions to yourself
Old Jul 25th 2011, 4:11 am
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately, or luckily, whichever way you look at it, one of the joys of public forums is that people are free to have opposite points of view.
Charismatic is perfectly entitled to air his views, as wrong as they are.....
Me, didn't know her or her music, but feel sorry for the family and true friends.
Old Jul 25th 2011, 5:24 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps as a young girl her role model was heavily into drugs and booze. Lets hope being the role model to many other young people does not take them down the same path.
Old Jul 25th 2011, 5:41 am
Forum Regular

JenR is an unknown quantity at this point

you should listen to her first album - be.a.u.tiful!
Old Jul 25th 2011, 6:52 am
Nottingham

josephine123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis
Jim Morrison Dead aged 27
Janis Joplin Dead aged 27
Kurt Cobain Dead aged 27
Brian Jones Dead aged 27
Jimi Hendrix Dead aged 27
Amy Winehouse Dead aged 27

Spooky...
very spooky

i agree, everyone is entitled to their own opinion that what makes the world go around ........
Old Jul 25th 2011, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by hazeandsteve
Unfortunately, or luckily, whichever way you look at it, one of the joys of public forums is that people are free to have opposite points of view.
Charismatic is perfectly entitled to air his views, as wrong as they are.....
Me, didn't know her or her music, but feel sorry for the family and true friends.
You mean to annoy People?
Old Jul 25th 2011, 7:13 am
Account Closed

billingham is an unknown quantity at this point

It would be nice if people could at least wait until the poor girl is buried before having a go. Some common decency would be appropriate - we are all role models after all.

Personally, when my guitar skills are up to the level where people will pay to come and see me, then I may be able to pass comment on the talent of others.
Old Jul 25th 2011, 7:18 am
BE Enthusiast

pricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond repute

For an incredibly insightful bit of reading.
To know more about addiction
As someone already said...no one chooses to be an addict and any of us that takes psychoactive substances including alcohol cannot stand in judgement.

Russell Brand talking about Amy Winehouse in the Guardian today
Old Jul 25th 2011, 7:37 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Re: Amy Winehouse

Originally Posted by love30stm
You mean to annoy People?
I'm just poking this stick and edging in your direction, if you get in my way it's your own fault .
Originally Posted by JenR
you should listen to her first album - be.a.u.tiful!
She had some good tunes but to compare her to Morris, Hendrix et. al. is probably a little too far.

She had the talent though, that is really the loss .

I remember reading, after her record company sent her to rehab, a few days later she was booed off stage in Serbia when she turned up late and drunk. They pulled the rest of the tour dates for her. As they say you can lead a horse to water...
Old Jul 25th 2011, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by pricklykina
For an incredibly insightful bit of reading.
To know more about addiction
As someone already said...no one chooses to be an addict and any of us that takes psychoactive substances including alcohol cannot stand in judgement.

Russell Brand talking about Amy Winehouse in the Guardian today
If you look back I already posted that link
Old Jul 25th 2011, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by billingham
It would be nice if people could at least wait until the poor girl is buried before having a go. Some common decency would be appropriate - we are all role models after all.

Personally, when my guitar skills are up to the level where people will pay to come and see me, then I may be able to pass comment on the talent of others.
Well said
Old Jul 25th 2011, 8:36 am

I'm just poking this stick and edging in your direction, if you get in my way it's your own fault .
She had some good tunes but to compare her to Morris, Hendrix et. al. is probably a little too far.

She had the talent though, that is really the loss .

I remember reading, after her record company sent her to rehab, a few days later she was booed off stage in Serbia when she turned up late and drunk. They pulled the rest of the tour dates for her. As they say you can lead a horse to water...
Whatever keeps you entertained I guess. Do you live on BE btw?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.