Amy Winehouse

Old Jul 24th 2011, 5:49 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Amy Winehouse

Such a waste of a young life and talent
Old Jul 24th 2011, 6:15 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Amy Winehouse

It was more "when" than "if".

Love the way the police said they "suspected" drugs where implicated in her death. That's like finding someone shot in the back and calling the circumstances "suspicious" .
Old Jul 24th 2011, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by Charismatic
It was more "when" than "if".

Love the way the police said they "suspected" drugs where implicated in her death. That's like finding someone shot in the back and calling the circumstances "suspicious" .
I was never a big fan but it's still sad and stupid how she wrecked her life
Old Jul 24th 2011, 6:42 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Well it's sad but it was her own choice. When her record company gave her time to go and get straightened up she went out to Jamaica like . There is only limited sympathy you can have for someone who has other options but essentially chooses to commit suicide the slow way.
Old Jul 24th 2011, 8:00 am
Account Closed

DandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by love30stm
I was never a big fan but it's still sad and stupid how she wrecked her life
I am a fan of hers and couldn't agree more, she had the ears of the world listening to her and yet she still managed to chuck it all away. Sad day
Old Jul 24th 2011, 8:17 am
Account Closed

billingham is an unknown quantity at this point

I did not know her, so it is impossible for me to judge her actions. We have lost a unique and talented singer / songwriter. Not many of those about. Very, very sad.

Last edited by billingham; Jul 24th 2011 at 8:21 am.
Old Jul 24th 2011, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by billingham
I did not know her, so it is impossible for me to judge her actions. We have lost a unique and talented singer / songwriter. Not many of those about. Very, very sad.
Yeah agree so many people make judgements about her she was a troubled soul and very talented and so very young
Old Jul 24th 2011, 8:38 am
Nottingham

josephine123 is an unknown quantity at this point

i agree, so sad but just can't help some people. makes you wonder what you wish for as some people can simple not handle it.

i work with drugs users and alcoholics daily and to be honest it petrifies me as it could so easily be one of us all it takes for something so terrible to happen and people finding escape from that incident.

personally i would hate to be addicted to something so horrible.

lets hope she is happier now
Old Jul 24th 2011, 10:43 am
BE Enthusiast

pricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond repute

There but for the grace of God go any of us. She obviously had demons that got too big to fight. Money and success are no antidote to that and can sometimes make it even harder.

It is a tragic loss - I hope that she is at peace and I am extremely grateful for that incredible music that she left us with
Old Jul 24th 2011, 11:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Perry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond repute

I was sorry to hear about it. She was a North Londoner like me. Seems a shame really.
Old Jul 24th 2011, 1:00 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Well it's sad but it was her own choice. When her record company gave her time to go and get straightened up she went out to Jamaica like . There is only limited sympathy you can have for someone who has other options but essentially chooses to commit suicide the slow way.
Hmmm, I'm not sure I can agree with you on this my lovely. "It was her own choice" Really? Who would "chose" to be an addict? I think perhaps there is some far deeper stuff going on than if only it were as simple as saying ok, I'll go to rehab and straighten myself out ...

She was a rare and troubled talent. I do agree though that it was probably a matter of when not if.
Old Jul 24th 2011, 2:38 pm

This is so beautiful, true and tragic

http://www.russellbrand.tv/2011/07/for-amy/
Old Jul 24th 2011, 2:44 pm

Hope you have more compassion for friends
Old Jul 24th 2011, 2:48 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Smile Re: Amy Winehouse

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Hmmm, I'm not sure I can agree with you on this my lovely. "It was her own choice" Really? Who would "chose" to be an addict? I think perhaps there is some far deeper stuff going on than if only it were as simple as saying ok, I'll go to rehab and straighten myself out ...

She was a rare and troubled talent. I do agree though that it was probably a matter of when not if.
The problem with addiction is there is no choice prior to realisation of the situation. Followed by a glimpse of the solution to kindle a spark of hope in the darkness. Neither of these prerequisites to survival is achieved strictly through intellect or common sense.

The moment of realisation is a self gift and I have no concrete idea why it occurs to some of us and not others.

Philosophy may be the most encompassing but by being encompassing it is also meaningless. Who knows what drives humans, both to unravel the mysteries of the universe and deal with the challenges of our lives. We have a compulsion, an addiction to life too absurd to explain and too powerful to ignore...at least for most of us .

In a way she probably died doing what she loved best.

We, the Homo Sapiens, the most contemplative and farseeing of all the animals. We inflict on ourselves hardship, sorrow and regret beyond that which is necessary to survive. We went beyond places our bodies and minds should have gone or been able to go. We built society's bigger, safer and more prosperous than our ancestors could ever have dreamed. We made a lot of mistakes and risked it all a few times as well. It was improbable we would make it this far, we are an improbable species and each of us owes our lives to a series of improbable events. But it happened, we are here now and still facing improbable odds in an uncertain future! Isn't that a bloody wonderful type of thingy?

Anyway I've written too much and rambled on for too long (should have stopped writing after the first paragraph).
Old Jul 24th 2011, 3:20 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Smile Re: Amy Winehouse

Originally Posted by love30stm
Hope you have more compassion for friends
I had an uncle once, he was a great guy. Very funny and thoughtful although I never knew him well as we lived in different countries and he only came once a year. He smokes two packs a day though, my father said to him many times “You know those things will kill you!” and I knew he was probably right.

One day my father walked into the house crying and said my uncle had died of a heart attack. My heart sank in my chest but a strange sort of feeling came over me, I didn’t cry or really know how to feel. I lay on my bed and thought about him a lot though, we had some great times and I was going to miss him. It was a strange thing that you could both love someone and yet, while others around you grieved, you had come to accept that person would one day die before they actually did so? Not in a non-empathetic and cold sort of way but I could somehow comprehend it as inevitable.

After about half an hour I went to get a glass of water and went to play some football with the kids on the street. I’ve only ever thought about him in passing since really.

That feeling about death, while it may seem an “inappropriate” way to feel about someone as others are grieving, has remained with me ever since. Indeed I’ve always been very puzzled by the behavior of others about this with their crying and anger, although they never expected people they knew to die one day? Still don’t really understand it .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.