Amazon fire

Old Sep 28th 2016, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

Location: ex Katikati, Omokoroa now Mildenhall UK :-(, 12 days and counting till we are back in NZ!!
tease is just really nicetease is just really nicetease is just really nicetease is just really nicetease is just really nicetease is just really nicetease is just really nicetease is just really nicetease is just really nicetease is just really nicetease is just really nice
Default Amazon fire

Hi we are moving back to NZ in a few weeks does anyone have experience of using Amazon Fire either box or stick in NZ, I know we would have to frig it a bit to get bbc / itv etc

Many thanks

Tease
Old Sep 28th 2016, 10:52 pm
Just Joined

kiwi white is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Amazon fire

Yes I got a box about two years ago. Even with a regional unblocker service I couldn't get iplayer/ITV player to work on it even though they do work on my other smart TV. Netflix and Amazon paid services worked ok so depends what you want it for.
Old Sep 29th 2016, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

Location: ex Katikati, Omokoroa now Mildenhall UK :-(, 12 days and counting till we are back in NZ!!
tease is just really nicetease is just really nicetease is just really nicetease is just really nicetease is just really nicetease is just really nicetease is just really nicetease is just really nicetease is just really nicetease is just really nicetease is just really nice

Originally Posted by kiwi white
Yes I got a box about two years ago. Even with a regional unblocker service I couldn't get iplayer/ITV player to work on it even though they do work on my other smart TV. Netflix and Amazon paid services worked ok so depends what you want it for.
Sorry to be dim but I have a new Samsung smart tv so should I be able to get I player/itv via this?
Old Sep 29th 2016, 8:25 am
Just Joined

kiwi white is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes but you need to change the country on the TV to the UK. I have a Samsung too and it was easy to do, just Google how to do it. There is a sequence of buttons on the remote you enter.
Once done all the UK apps will load. You then need to subscribe to one of the many regional unblocker services you can find online. Mine was roughly 50 for a year.
Old Sep 29th 2016, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kiwi white
Yes but you need to change the country on the TV to the UK. I have a Samsung too and it was easy to do, just Google how to do it. There is a sequence of buttons on the remote you enter.
Once done all the UK apps will load. You then need to subscribe to one of the many regional unblocker services you can find online. Mine was roughly 50 for a year.
That's great my wife will wrapped (Corrie) many thanks for your help
Old Sep 29th 2016, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

S_and_T is a jewel in the roughS_and_T is a jewel in the roughS_and_T is a jewel in the roughS_and_T is a jewel in the roughS_and_T is a jewel in the rough

I have bought 2 x Fire sticks and an Amazon Kindle Fire tablet since living here. (Shush-don't tell anyone!!) You need to change the DNS settings on any device and use a company that 'protects your privacy' by providing you with alternative DNS settings. I can watch Amazon video (I have Amazon Prime) and use any of the Apps (ITV Player, BBC iPlayer, 4oD). I hardly ever watch NZ TV as I'm not obsessed with helicopter rescues or Real Housewives.
Old Sep 29th 2016, 10:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by S_and_T
I have bought 2 x Fire sticks and an Amazon Kindle Fire tablet since living here. (Shush-don't tell anyone!!) You need to change the DNS settings on any device and use a company that 'protects your privacy' by providing you with alternative DNS settings. I can watch Amazon video (I have Amazon Prime) and use any of the Apps (ITV Player, BBC iPlayer, 4oD). I hardly ever watch NZ TV as I'm not obsessed with helicopter rescues or Real Housewives.
So do you do this because you dont have a smart TV or because you dont have three smart tv's? - be really interested in which companies can protect my privacy - many thanks
Old Sep 30th 2016, 2:51 am
Forum Regular

S_and_T is a jewel in the roughS_and_T is a jewel in the roughS_and_T is a jewel in the roughS_and_T is a jewel in the roughS_and_T is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by tease
So do you do this because you dont have a smart TV or because you dont have three smart tv's? - be really interested in which companies can protect my privacy - many thanks
I do have smart TVs, but use the Fire sticks as a means of viewing UK TV. (I don't have a TV aerial, just a Sky dish, so don't use the TV without the use of HDMI). The company I use is not allowed legally to advertise as being a means of getting around geographical restrictions for TV. Hence, they advertise it as 'protecting your privacy'.
Old Oct 3rd 2016, 1:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

LittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond repute

Look for VPN suppliers (Virtual Private Network) with exit points in the country of interest e.g. the UK.