Reload this Page >

am I too old to mingle

am I too old to mingle

Old Jun 25th 2011, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

melanieanne63 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default am I too old to mingle

Hi Guys
I am 39 from Liverpool and a nurse, looking to move out to nz alone at the beginning of next year... I am very social, love chilling with friends etc but am worried that I would be considered as too old to be accepted by other expats when trying to get myself a circle of friends together.... also everyone appears to meet as couple... are there any singles out there?
Old Jun 26th 2011, 1:02 am
Just Joined

ronanz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: am I too old to mingle

Hi Melanie. I'm 41 and about to move to Auckland.... you're never too old to mingle! I will be moving with my hubbie (no kids).... but I am allowed out on my own! Can't speak for other expats... but I think many people with kids prefer to mix with people with kids.
Old Jun 26th 2011, 10:07 am
BE Enthusiast

pricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond repute

I'm thirty summat and not averse to the odd mingle on occasion
Old Jun 26th 2011, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

haha thanks for that.....
Old Jun 26th 2011, 7:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

I,m married but more than happy to go out with a load of single birds

Neil

Just being social my love
Old Jun 26th 2011, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

love the humour haha
Old Jun 26th 2011, 8:54 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ronanz
Can't speak for other expats... but I think many people with kids prefer to mix with people with kids.
I prefer to leave mine at home and encourage others to do the same when I am in mingling mode.

Seriously, I'm 40 and single, I have kids and my social life is very full.
Old Jun 26th 2011, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

thank you AmLoolah..... itvis one of my main worries, in addition to can i get a job, can I afford to live ha ha...how long have you been out there?
Old Jun 26th 2011, 9:02 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by melanieanne63
thank you AmLoolah..... itvis one of my main worries, in addition to can i get a job, can I afford to live ha ha...how long have you been out there?
If you come with an open mind and be prepared to accept every invitation you get (I'll attend the opening of an envelope) then there's no reason why you shouldn't make friends. I threw myself in to work initially and met people that way, but also through the ex-pats. I live in an area with a large ex-pat population and we have meet ups and gatherings occasionally so that helped in the beginning. Of course I don't do so many now as I've been here just over four years. I always intend to try and think of new arrivals and try and set something up for them, but I'm so busy in other ways now that it can be difficult to do.
Old Jun 26th 2011, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

I intend to do exactly what you have said....I will be fine once there
Old Jun 27th 2011, 12:44 am
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys
I am 39 from Liverpool and a nurse, looking to move out to nz alone at the beginning of next year... I am very social, love chilling with friends etc but am worried that I would be considered as too old to be accepted by other expats when trying to get myself a circle of friends together.... also everyone appears to meet as couple... are there any singles out there?
39 ....... jeez your kickin on a bit aint you
Old Jun 27th 2011, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

drcallycat is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys
Hi Melanieanne - go for it! I am 37, married (no kids) but the husband likes the XBox a bit too much so I have thrown myself into lots of social websites etc and have made some good friends now. There's lots of us who would be happy to meet you and help you out with all sorts of things. Clare x
Old Jun 27th 2011, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

pricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
I prefer to leave mine at home and encourage others to do the same when I am in mingling mode.

Seriously, I'm 40 and single, I have kids and my social life is very full.

I prefer to leave mine anywhere...in the car, at the park
I've had her for long enough now - the novelty's worn off
Old Jun 28th 2011, 5:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

florabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond repute

hi melanieanne. 40 is the new 20. Just go for it and enjoy yourself