Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Am I overdoing the masochism? (completely off-topic)

Am I overdoing the masochism? (completely off-topic)

Old Feb 16th 2007, 2:23 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Am I overdoing the masochism? (completely off-topic)

I realised that my bellydancing was keeping me a lot fitter than I gave it credit for, recently. Now that my vertigo is finally - after 2 long months! - starting to subside,, I can dance again, but am rather loathe to as I want to lose the weight I've managed to put on over winter so far.

So I went to the studio I dance at (they have a dance studio and a pilates/fitness studio) and signed up for a 6-week session of Pilates Reformer and Spin, 75 minute classes.

But here's the kicker... I've signed on to take 3 classes a week. I'm insane!

Today I'm going to take all my measurements and weigh myself, and take them every week at the same time and see what happens. I'm rather excited!
Old Feb 16th 2007, 2:35 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Am I overdoing the masochism? (completely off-topic)

Originally Posted by Maz
I realised that my bellydancing was keeping me a lot fitter than I gave it credit for, recently. Now that my vertigo is finally - after 2 long months! - starting to subside,, I can dance again, but am rather loathe to as I want to lose the weight I've managed to put on over winter so far.

So I went to the studio I dance at (they have a dance studio and a pilates/fitness studio) and signed up for a 6-week session of Pilates Reformer and Spin, 75 minute classes.

But here's the kicker... I've signed on to take 3 classes a week. I'm insane!

Today I'm going to take all my measurements and weigh myself, and take them every week at the same time and see what happens. I'm rather excited!

Can you do some for me too please!!!!

Well done you!! I wish I was that motivated. I miss exercising like that but with 3 kids I find it really hard to find that sort of time, although my DH tells me I should make the time. Easy for them to say!!!!
Old Feb 16th 2007, 2:52 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
Can you do some for me too please!!!!

Well done you!! I wish I was that motivated. I miss exercising like that but with 3 kids I find it really hard to find that sort of time, although my DH tells me I should make the time. Easy for them to say!!!!
I'll try my best!

I'm really only motivated if I sign up for a class. I'm awful at working out at home... But when the weather's nice, I'll often pop my iPod on and go for an extended walk around the lake at the back of our house, so I make it up to about a mile. Not a whole lot, but better than zilch.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 3:06 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Madness ... Coffee cup lifting is enough exercise for anybody ...
Old Feb 16th 2007, 3:11 pm
Maz

Originally Posted by Ray
Madness ... Coffee cup lifting is enough exercise for anybody ...
I'm up to a US size 12... I'm used to being a 6.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 3:12 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz
I'll try my best!

I'm really only motivated if I sign up for a class. I'm awful at working out at home... But when the weather's nice, I'll often pop my iPod on and go for an extended walk around the lake at the back of our house, so I make it up to about a mile. Not a whole lot, but better than zilch.

TBH I should do the same. We've got some smashing places to walk around our village. http://www.stanwicklakes.co.uk/index.htm

Been too pre occupied with the whole immigration thing all winter to do much else
Old Feb 16th 2007, 3:14 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz
I'm up to a US size 12... I'm used to being a 6.
Talk english women ...34B-44DD is what we men understand ...
Old Feb 16th 2007, 3:15 pm
Maz

Originally Posted by Ray
Talk english women ...34B-44DD is what we men understand ...
Well one way I'm measured as a 36A (in department stores) and in proper lingerie shops I'm measured as a 32D. So there.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 3:17 pm
Maz

TBH I should do the same. We've got some smashing places to walk around our village. http://www.stanwicklakes.co.uk/index.htm

Been too pre occupied with the whole immigration thing all winter to do much else
Aah my old stomping ground. That area's lovely!
Old Feb 16th 2007, 3:18 pm
Ray

Originally Posted by Maz
Well one way I'm measured as a 36A (in department stores) and in proper lingerie shops I'm measured as a 32D. So there.
Either will do .... Is this before you became a porker or after ....
Old Feb 16th 2007, 3:25 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Maz
Aah my old stomping ground. That area's lovely!

Thought you might recognise it Apparently Corby is about to become the "New" Milton Keynes. Even trying to get the rail link re-established.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 3:29 pm
Maz

Originally Posted by Ray
Oi! That's enough of your lip, you cheeky sod!
Old Feb 16th 2007, 3:30 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ray

How rude!!!

Personally I believe all exercise outside of the bedroom is very dangerous and bad for you resulting quite often in injury.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 3:31 pm
Ray

Think butter .........
Old Feb 16th 2007, 3:37 pm
Maz

Thought you might recognise it Apparently Corby is about to become the "New" Milton Keynes. Even trying to get the rail link re-established.
Oh lordy... I think they need to knock the whole town down and start again. Just about the most depressing place I've ever been to. When I used to work there, I refused point-blank to move from Northampton.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.