British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Am I just being a miserable bugger who hates change or... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/am-i-just-being-miserable-bugger-who-hates-change-544855/)

Wiz'n'Ton Jun 24th 2008 6:07 am

Am I just being a miserable bugger who hates change or...

...does anyone else feel that this board has lost a bit of 'zing' since all the OT stuff is now in the Sheep Dip?

I look at the topics on the front page - and though they are all very relevant, wholesome and helpful to the whole 'moving to NZ' theme, the page itself comes across a little... dare I say... boring?

I seldom have the time to click forum to forum during the day (cos I'm meant to be working!! ;)) but always liked this forum - compared to others - for the ease of navigating through threads all in the one place. In my opinion it seems to have lost a bit of the immediate fun element now as the fun has to be searched out.

So am I to be labelled an old doddery misog in asking why this was changed? :confused: If so label away - T already says I should be drawing my pension :rofl: :cool: but an answer would be cool.

Cheers,

Wiz

Genesis Jun 24th 2008 7:13 am

Re: Am I just being a miserable bugger who hates change or...

Originally Posted by Wiz'n'Ton (Post 6497545)
...does anyone else feel that this board has lost a bit of 'zing' since all the OT stuff is now in the Sheep Dip?

I look at the topics on the front page - and though they are all very relevant, wholesome and helpful to the whole 'moving to NZ' theme, the page itself comes across a little... dare I say... boring?

I seldom have the time to click forum to forum during the day (cos I'm meant to be working!! ;)) but always liked this forum - compared to others - for the ease of navigating through threads all in the one place. In my opinion it seems to have lost a bit of the immediate fun element now as the fun has to be searched out.

So am I to be labelled an old doddery misog in asking why this was changed? :confused: If so label away - T already says I should be drawing my pension :rofl: :cool: but an answer would be cool.

Cheers,

Wiz

Hi Wiz, yes i think the board has come somewhat 'samey'. I guess we are to blame as we are the ones who make it 'happen'. The zing does appear to have departed. I am sure it will return.

TeamEmbo Jun 24th 2008 7:39 am

Andy your right, you are a boring old misog.:p

Only joking

Sorry about the e-mail earlier today, she s**t the life out of me to :eek:

Speak to you soon buddy:thumbsup:

howden40 Jun 24th 2008 7:53 am

I have been wondering for the past couple of weeks about this and came to the conclusion that it may well be me. Been their seen it done it attitude with regards to posting (including my own). Sheep dips not much better than main forum. I have a few threads that I follow avidly. But I do feel that a lot of it is simply we all have the same questions but ask in a different manner, so we have a lot of repetition.

I do like it when a thread looses it's track a little due to the 'jibes' some of 'you' enjoy making, it put's fun into the threads and makes me laugh. For example the thread on 'cocks'.

'A bit of fun' in the sheep dip is what the forum needs. We all have the 'winter blues' are need a laugh, this lacking at the moment.

I mainly go straight to sheep dip.

Pauline

simonmarkellis Jun 24th 2008 8:12 am

I'm with you fella! Maybe they should switch the Sheep Dip and Main New Zealand thread around, so you get the more prevalent stuff first and have to search for the real information!!!;)

Sue Jun 24th 2008 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by Wiz'n'Ton (Post 6497545)

Cheers,

Wiz

Come on, its one little click, you shouldn't get repetitive strain injury the NZ forum isn't that big ;)

Wiz'n'Ton Jun 24th 2008 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by Sue (Post 6498457)
Come on, its one little click, you shouldn't get repetitive strain injury the NZ forum isn't that big ;)

Ah Sue, you truly do underestimate my exceptional laziness :lol:

<gumpy old man> I s'pose I'll just have to get used to it.

Now where's my pipe and slippers?

P2L Jun 25th 2008 11:04 am

Originally Posted by Wiz'n'Ton (Post 6500074)
Ah Sue, you truly do underestimate my exceptional laziness :lol:

<gumpy old man> I s'pose I'll just have to get used to it.

Now where's my pipe and slippers?

Gonna start calling you Victor :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

:p