Am I deluded...?

Old Jun 24th 2016, 12:35 pm
Just Joined

Pomplemous is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Am I deluded...?

Or do you think I could have a chance?

I'm in the UK. I'm 39 - about turn 40 (lose 5 points) and have my heart set on moving to NZ on 1 March 2017.

I don't have 140 points - I have 110 at the moment and so the immigration agency lady said to go for an essential skills visa so that I can turn up and get a job and then apply for essential skills visa.

I'm not that naïve. My plan would be... I get myself a few job interviews lined up then I go and hope to get one of those jobs. She said that the day I start that job I can apply for residency visa. I'm a tad confused because she said that this was the ESV but on the websites I can find info on that visa but it seems to merge into the residence to work visa and for that I have to be in the job for 2 years so I'm a bit lost on the difference - if there is one.

The problem I have.. no, wait, the CHALLENGE I have is.. I have to be a project administrator. this is on the skills list - but not LTSSL or shortage etc - just on the yes, that's a skill list,.

I have to earn minimum $36k pa - though all I can find says has to be $45k -

and they have to prove that no NZer in the area can do that job or be trained to do that job.... I am thinking.. but project administrators are ten a penny - how can I possibly jump that hurdle...?

the other challenges of course are that I don't have any money just now but I am working 6 days a week to try earn it. though something always crops up as ever, but I shan't give up.

I guess my worry is on the job thing - the proving no other person can do my job... what do I have to do to make that happen?
Old Jun 24th 2016, 6:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Am I deluded...?

36k is minimum wage you'll earn more than that
Old Jun 24th 2016, 8:41 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Firstly you need a job offer, then you upgrade your application to gain more point hopefully taking you over the 140. You can't start the job until you have a valid visa in your hands. The work to residence visa is a 2 year temp visa that you then have to upgrade to a residency front work visa if you fulfil the requirements after two years. If you lose the job before the 2years are up or you want to change jobs you need to speak to immigration as the temp visa is tied to the initial job offer. Having the job on the skills list means an accredited company can offer you a job. Accredited companies have applied to immigration for this status to allow them to employ from overseas with no further checks.
Old Jun 24th 2016, 8:43 pm

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

And the agent that told you you could start the job then apply for the visa needs to be reported as you cannot start work until you have a valid visa in your passport.
Old Jun 25th 2016, 12:36 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Pomplemous
I guess my worry is on the job thing - the proving no other person can do my job... what do I have to do to make that happen?
You can't do anything. That is up to the prospective employer, the NZ immigration service and the NZ Dept of Labour.

What is your actual occupation and what are your qualifications please.
Old Jun 25th 2016, 6:55 am
Just Joined

Yeah that's what I thought but what was that business she was saying about go there and tick business box on the arrival card then I've got 5 months to get the job... then I apply for the visa with the employer (if not accredited) to fill in the employer supplementary form.
Old Jun 25th 2016, 6:56 am
Just Joined

Gosh I'm glad I asked.
She said the job offer will take me to 160 points which is fine.

I'll reply with qualifications shortly.
Old Jun 25th 2016, 11:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pomplemous
... but what was that business she was saying about go there and tick business box on the arrival card then I've got 5 months to get the job... then I apply for the visa with the employer (if not accredited) to fill in the employer supplementary form.
She means you are allowed to come here as a 'visitor' for up to six months to be on holiday or have a tiki tour around. As a visitor you are not able to work and must have booked an onward flight out of NZ ; if asked you must also be be able to demonstrate that you have money to support yourself during that six month visit.
Old Jun 27th 2016, 12:30 pm
Just Joined

hmm.. that is not what the lady said. oh I am now so confused - I thought I had it all laid out and understood.

she said - I tick the business box on the arrival card - I get there then I get the job. together the employer and I fill in the work visa and the employer supplementary form (assuming not an accredited employer)- then I start the job and I can apply for the residency visa. I am aware of the work to residence visa but this particular visa she called the Essential skills visa.

I would have planned to get job interviews lined up before I got there of course - how can they offer me a job without interviewing me and how I can I apply for that visa without the offer? something's not right

maybe I should just go back to plan A and go for the SMC.

my job is basically project administrator. I have a teaching qualification in a Dip HE in linguistics but I have no desire to be a teacher so I'm sticking with where my experience is.

in project administration I do the usual computer work, I do a lot of logistics and iPad work and proof reading and event management. I'm good at what I do and it's a much higher level than just photocopying. I'm a member of the institute of customer services and I also study cognitive behavioural therapy.

Also... argh! I completed and PAR on my qualifications - I have a level 6 and a level 2 and the rest they didn't recognise. pah! but the immigration lady said it's a nice little earner for the government but it doesn't mean anything so I do ave to go for the full IQA - which is a bum because I ummed and ahhd about going straight for that but the checker thing on the websites said I didn't have to - just go for the PAR. now the pound is worthless I shall have to wait til I can afford to do the full check.

ok - I'm going back to step one: I want to go to NZ. and start all over again.

*slump*

still - I shan't give up.
Old Jun 27th 2016, 12:30 pm
Just Joined

ps thank you so much for your time
Old Jun 27th 2016, 8:42 pm

Project Administrator is on the list of skilled occupations, you would need to get a job offer from an accredited company to uplift a visa.
Here is a list of task that they consider you would need to show you can do
1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.2 to be considered.
If you don't have any formal qualifications or do not meet the criteria 5 years of relevant work experience may be considered.
Old Jun 28th 2016, 5:30 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
Project Administrator is on the list of skilled occupations, you would need to get a job offer from an accredited company to uplift a visa.
Here is a list of task that they consider you would need to show you can do
1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.2 to be considered.
If you don't have any formal qualifications or do not meet the criteria 5 years of relevant work experience may be considered.
That's helpful thank you. Yep I meet all that.
The lost of accredited employers is pretty long. There's still hope. Hoping for christchurch though so I've already started monitoring movement in jobs.