Am I being dozy?

Old Apr 24th 2006, 11:38 pm
  #1  
Arrived CHC 23 May 2006
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Christchurch
Posts: 42
Stevemw is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Am I being dozy?

I've just tried several times to call NZ Post to ask them (for the third time) for a PO box application form, only to get a recorded message saying that I have called them outside working hours. It's 12.35pm in the UK, which I think is 11.35AM in NZ, on a Tuesday.
Is there a public holiday today?
Cheers,
Steve
Stevemw is offline  
Old Apr 24th 2006, 11:43 pm
  #2  
Banned
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,551
kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Am I being dozy?

Originally Posted by Stevemw
I've just tried several times to call NZ Post to ask them (for the third time) for a PO box application form, only to get a recorded message saying that I have called them outside working hours. It's 12.35pm in the UK, which I think is 11.35AM in NZ, on a Tuesday.
Is there a public holiday today?
Cheers,
Steve
YES and in OZ too. It's ANZAC day
kiwichild is offline  
Old Apr 24th 2006, 11:51 pm
  #3  
Arrived CHC 23 May 2006
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Christchurch
Posts: 42
Stevemw is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Am I being dozy?

Originally Posted by kiwichild
YES and in OZ too. It's ANZAC day
Dammit! It was in my other diary, but not the one on this computer.
I should have known too - a few years ago I did the Sydney Harbour Bridge climb on ANZAC day and we reached the top at 11am in freezing driving rain - where we had to pause for a very uncomfortable minute's silence. The date should have been etched on my brain!
I guess I'll have to wait another 24 hours before haranguing the NZ Post call centre.
Cheers,
Steve
Stevemw is offline  
Old Apr 24th 2006, 11:56 pm
  #4  
Banned
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,551
kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Am I being dozy?

Originally Posted by Stevemw
Dammit! It was in my other diary, but not the one on this computer.
I should have known too - a few years ago I did the Sydney Harbour Bridge climb on ANZAC day and we reached the top at 11am in freezing driving rain - where we had to pause for a very uncomfortable minute's silence. The date should have been etched on my brain!
I guess I'll have to wait another 24 hours before haranguing the NZ Post call centre.
Cheers,
Steve
No probs. You're welcome Steve. Yeh they do that minute silence on armistice day too, but that's not a public holiday.
kiwichild is offline  
Old Apr 25th 2006, 12:04 am
  #5  
Arrived CHC 23 May 2006
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Christchurch
Posts: 42
Stevemw is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Am I being dozy?

Originally Posted by kiwichild
No probs. You're welcome Steve. Yeh they do that minute silence on armistice day too, but that's not a public holiday.
Thanks kiwichild. To answer my own question, yes, I am being dozy.
Being the organised type I'd noted the NZ public holidays for the next three years in my computer, but I wasn't quite anal enough to remember to synchronise it to this laptop!
Steve
Stevemw is offline  
Old Apr 25th 2006, 12:27 am
  #6  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: Niagara Falls, Ontario
Posts: 248
CWEMM02 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Am I being dozy?

Originally Posted by Stevemw
I've just tried several times to call NZ Post to ask them (for the third time) for a PO box application form, only to get a recorded message saying that I have called them outside working hours. It's 12.35pm in the UK, which I think is 11.35AM in NZ, on a Tuesday.
Is there a public holiday today?
Cheers,
Steve
But if it is 12:35pm in England than it is 12:35AM in New Zealand a time when most people are in bed. I expect that you meant to say you phoned after midnight our time and was expecting to get someone early the next afternoon in NZ. WWW.timeanddate.com is a useful website for time conversion.
CWEMM02 is offline  
Old Apr 25th 2006, 1:06 am
  #7  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joshlin's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: our own home, chch
Posts: 812
Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Am I being dozy?

no no-we are currently 11hours ahead of the uk.
Joshlin is offline  
Old Apr 25th 2006, 8:00 am
  #8  
Arrived CHC 23 May 2006
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Christchurch
Posts: 42
Stevemw is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Am I being dozy?

Originally Posted by CWEMM02
But if it is 12:35pm in England than it is 12:35AM in New Zealand a time when most people are in bed. I expect that you meant to say you phoned after midnight our time and was expecting to get someone early the next afternoon in NZ. WWW.timeanddate.com is a useful website for time conversion.
I should have stuck to the 24 hour system, but some people dislike it. What I meant to say was 0035 in the UK, which translates to 1135 that same day in NZ.
Regards,
Steve
Stevemw is offline  
Old Apr 25th 2006, 9:51 am
  #9  
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0
 
uk+kiwi's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 1,606
uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Am I being dozy?

Originally Posted by Joshlin
no no-we are currently 11hours ahead of the uk.
that's really weird as it's my MIL's birthday today in NZ so before we called her last night (to be first thing in morning) I checked online whether Akl was 11,12 or 13 hours ahead (can never remember) and on the two sites I checked, it said +12 hours. Oh well, we really did call her first thing. No wonder she hadn't opened any presents!
uk+kiwi is offline  
Old Apr 25th 2006, 9:55 am
  #10  
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0
 
uk+kiwi's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 1,606
uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Am I being dozy?

Originally Posted by Stevemw
I should have stuck to the 24 hour system, but some people dislike it. What I meant to say was 0035 in the UK, which translates to 1135 that same day in NZ.
Regards,
Steve
Yes 'caus isn't 0035 12.35am and not 12.35pm? Well that's what I always thought. Anyhow, sorry you aren't going to get any joy until later tonight when I think places should be open again.
uk+kiwi is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.