Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

All those in ChCh/Canterbury...

All those in ChCh/Canterbury...

Old Oct 10th 2006, 5:33 am
Account Closed

Apple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of light
Default All those in ChCh/Canterbury...

Just wanted to share with you two awesome things to do this summer - that aren't in the guide books =)

1. The Riccarton Racecourse market, Sunday 9am - 2pm. This market is just enormous, easily a few hundred stalls. Stalls include: jewellery, food (local honey/wine/cheese/fish/venison/relishes/yum yum yum), seedlings and plants, herbs, bric a brac, flowers, tools and toys... you name it is is there. There are even two stalls selling British food. The prices are good, excellent for Christmas shopping, well worth a visit.

2. The walk between Sumner beach over the headland to Taylor's Mistake. This walk reminds me of the walks I did when I lived in Pembrokeshire. Today it took me 90 min return and there is even ice cream in Sumner to finish off. A great way to wear out the kids. Actually the walks up on Godley Head are some of my favourites, especially the walk down to Boulder Bay.

I do so like living here