Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

All things British

All things British

Old Mar 24th 2007, 10:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default All things British

Originally Posted by karonious
I parphrase the famous quote by........hmm, so famous I can't remember if it was Lenin, Stalin or Trotsky (or indeed none of them!)

The original quote was
"Religion is the opiate of the masses".

My version:
"Television is the opiate of the masses".

updated for today's modern world!

It was Karl Marx who said it first! - had to look on Google!
I've always had the saying.....in the eighties, Shell suits are the tuxedos of the working class

Hands up, who has owned/worn a shell suit?

Not me..........!
Old Mar 24th 2007, 10:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Cool powerpoint presentations Campbells, cheered me up a little.........not much just a little,
Old Mar 24th 2007, 10:24 am
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: All things British

Originally Posted by Nice Guy
I've always had the saying.....in the eighties, Shell suits are the tuxedos of the working class

Not me..........!
me neither...thank god
Old Mar 24th 2007, 10:29 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Not me..........!
You have a poetic turn of phrase, jolly good.

My own favourite poem? Well, seeing as you ask.
Ahem,,,,
On yonder hill
There stood a coo:
It must have moved;
It's nae there noo.
Anon.
Thank-you

I had a shell suit, but turned the trousers into 2 skirts.
Old Mar 24th 2007, 10:32 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Not me..........!
Nope!! lol... but I did own a Harrington jacket with badges all over it!! Remember them??
Old Mar 24th 2007, 10:35 am
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

You have a poetic turn of phrase, jolly good.

My own favourite poem? Well, seeing as you ask.
Ahem,,,,
On yonder hill
There stood a coo:
It must have moved;
It's nae there noo.
Anon.
Thank-you

I had a shell suit, but turned the trousers into 2 skirts.
OOOO HIGHLAND COOS...you are talking about highland coos

sorry too much beer tonight
Old Mar 24th 2007, 10:47 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kwprwn
OOOO HIGHLAND COOS...you are talking about highland coos

sorry too much beer tonight
Thank you, I thank you,
{tumultous applause}
And more beer at the Kiwi Bar - we'll be rolling you home tonight lassie!
Old Mar 24th 2007, 11:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Thank you, I thank you,
{tumultous applause}
And more beer at the Kiwi Bar - we'll be rolling you home tonight lassie!
indeed you will be
Old Mar 24th 2007, 11:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by SarahB
Nope!! lol... but I did own a Harrington jacket with badges all over it!! Remember them??
My goodness.......a Harrington............I had forgotton them until you mentioned it!

Yes I had one, had a tartan inside, thought I was the bees knees until I discovered it was not my Harrington the girls were interested in..................
Old Mar 24th 2007, 12:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

My goodness.......a Harrington............I had forgotton them until you mentioned it!

Yes I had one, had a tartan inside, thought I was the bees knees until I discovered it was not my Harrington the girls were interested in..................
say no more
Old Mar 24th 2007, 12:35 pm
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Gotta be careful how you flash the tartan mate, drives the woman crazy

They'll probably deny it as it is a well kept secret.
Old Mar 25th 2007, 7:30 am
Account Closed

cherry will become famous soon enoughcherry will become famous soon enough

I hear that Tartan Kilts are making a big comeback in Dunedin since the sheep got used to the sound of the zip
Old Mar 25th 2007, 8:25 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by cherry
I hear that Tartan Kilts are making a big comeback in Dunedin since the sheep got used to the sound of the zip

Hello dear,

That is why the Scots invented the Kilt - stealth is of the essence. But gotta give it to the Kiwi’s ( you see more positivity from me) they invented Velcro gloves and inflatable sheep.

The Scots also invented Mint Sauce aftershave and a long list of other goodies.

I think they also invented Jabbar.

There’s one for you to Google

See ya later ………….
Old Mar 25th 2007, 9:31 am
Account Closed

cherry will become famous soon enoughcherry will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Campbells
Hello dear,

The Scots also invented Mint Sauce aftershave and a long list of other goodies.

See ya later ………….

Is BAAAARBAAAARA waiting
Old Mar 25th 2007, 10:17 am
Banned

Originally Posted by cherry
Is BAAAARBAAAARA waiting
No, it's Laaaauuraaaa - aghhhhhhhh.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.