British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   All Ready For Summer? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/all-ready-summer-755057/)

sr71 Apr 16th 2012 1:25 pm

All Ready For Summer?

Just to remind you of the impending damp, cold, NZ winter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eh28zTosjd4

mickey_d Apr 16th 2012 1:59 pm

Re: All Ready For Summer?

Originally Posted by sr71 (Post 10008274)

Still waiting for the last one to end;)

BEVS Apr 17th 2012 12:43 am

Originally Posted by mickey_d (Post 10008328)
Still waiting for the last one to end;)

:lol:

scrubbedexpat094 Apr 17th 2012 1:29 am

Spent a lot of time in M&S when I was back in the UK a few weeks back *sigh*.

Mickey_d, my thoughts exactly.

Bo-Jangles Apr 17th 2012 6:44 am

Thinking of those endless Kiwi summers, yeah right you're dreamin'! :lol:

Mickey D hit the nail right on the head.

love30stm Apr 17th 2012 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by sr71 (Post 10008274)

Gary Barlow ewwwwww!

Stormer999 Apr 17th 2012 7:40 pm

Just spent 3 weeks in Chch and bar one day I have seen more sun than the last 5 summers I have just been through. Believe me being a motorcyclist this is not an exageration....:thumbdown:

love30stm Apr 17th 2012 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by Stormer999 (Post 10010917)
Just spent 3 weeks in Chch and bar one day I have seen more sun than the last 5 summers I have just been through. Believe me being a motorcyclist this is not an exageration....:thumbdown:

Agree with you I dont know why people keep saying the weather is crap here i think they forget what the weather is and was like in the UK

Stormer999 Apr 17th 2012 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by love30stm (Post 10011060)
Agree with you I dont know why people keep saying the weather is crap here i think they forget what the weather is and was like in the UK

When we packed to come out the wife used 3 suitcases :sneaky: whilst I had one :( Due to threads complaining about NZ weather I brought all long trousers that I havent worn yet due to the heat and one pair of shorts that are usually either hanging on the line or covering my bum...;):eek:

sparkie down under Apr 17th 2012 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by love30stm (Post 10011060)

Well you lot must have been living in the crap end of the UK, 'cos in West Wales I wore shorts from about May to Sept, had a lovely tan, (working outside), didn't ever get sun stroke - (unlike here), and winters were cold like winters should be. Even managed to get 3 white christmases in the last 5 years before we came here.

Don't get me wrong, I love the weather here, but it wasn't all bad back home, well not where I lived.

scrubbedexpat094 Apr 17th 2012 11:21 pm

The weather in the Auckland region hasn't been too sh1t hot this last Summer. The cicadas only got going in late January (normally November) & we haven't managed to get our kayaks out once :(.

Certainly the worst Summer we've experienced since we got here in Jan 2007. Keeping :fingerscrossed: that Spring/Summer tries much harder this next time.

love30stm Apr 17th 2012 11:53 pm

Originally Posted by sparkie down under (Post 10011237)
Well you lot must have been living in the crap end of the UK, 'cos in West Wales I wore shorts from about May to Sept, had a lovely tan, (working outside), didn't ever get sun stroke - (unlike here), and winters were cold like winters should be. Even managed to get 3 white christmases in the last 5 years before we came here.

Don't get me wrong, I love the weather here, but it wasn't all bad back home, well not where I lived.

You are talking about Wales right????

We get a good climate in Wanganui only good thing about it :rofl:

Always was trying to escape the UK for a couple of weeks of garenteed sunshine abroad! And the winters are much milder than England I never wear a coat and btw I lived I'm The Midlands

love30stm Apr 17th 2012 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix (Post 10011251)
The weather in the Auckland region hasn't been too sh1t hot this last Summer. The cicadas only got going in late January (normally November) & we haven't managed to get our kayaks out once :(.

Certainly the worst Summer we've experienced since we got here in Jan 2007. Keeping :fingerscrossed: that Spring/Summer tries much harder this next time.

Yes it's the worse summer since we've been here from 2007 which People constantly complain about forgetting the usual summers we have! :blink:

love30stm Apr 18th 2012 12:02 am

Originally Posted by love30stm (Post 10011296)

We get a good climate in Wanganui only good thing about it :rofl:

Always was trying to escape the UK for a couple of weeks of garenteed sunshine abroad! And the winters are much milder than England I never wear a coat and btw I lived I'm The Midlands

Supposed to say IN the midlands not I'm stupid auto correct on my iPod and won't let me correct the mistake

sparkie down under Apr 18th 2012 12:15 am

Originally Posted by love30stm (Post 10011296)

:rofl:

derr! yes, of course we are talking Wales !!!

And sometimes it even rained - well perhaps not:rofl:

Yeah, sure the weather back home isn't the same as it is here. But neither was it as bad as some would have us believe, or at least it wasn't where we lived.

I would agree that what you could never do is guarantee good weather, which is why we all went to sunny clims for the hols.

By the way, every time I've been to wanga, it's been shit weather. (and it's the only place I've seen 'gang' violence - totally un-connected I know, but I do like to drop in the odd fact):blink: