Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

for all the difficulties

for all the difficulties

Old Mar 20th 2008, 3:18 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute
Default for all the difficulties

and upheaval, it is wonderful here. I finished work at lunchtime and took a couple of friends and our dog for a walk along a beautiful beach (only 10 mins from my house!!!) with only one other person passed in the two hours we walked along it paddling in the warm water. 10 yr old has gone with a mate to their beach house, youngest one is playing at a neighbours house. It's hot and sunny and the long weekend stretches out in front of me. This was the lifestyle of my dreams in the UK and despite the difficulties, the adjustment, the upheaval, here I am living it
Old Mar 20th 2008, 3:27 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: for all the difficulties

good on ya...............and have a great weekend - don't eat too many choccies though!
Old Mar 20th 2008, 3:30 am
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

Lovely to hear bb. Which coast are you paddling along?
Old Mar 20th 2008, 3:31 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by I_Will_Freckle
Lovely to hear bb. Which coast are you paddling along?
if she told ya, I'd have to kill ya...................
Old Mar 20th 2008, 3:38 am
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by lardyl
if she told ya, I'd have to kill ya...................
but I'd die... knowing
Old Mar 20th 2008, 3:49 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

lol, I'm Hawkes Bay, so the East Coast. But a lesser known area
Old Mar 20th 2008, 3:51 am
NO ADDED SUGAR

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
lol, I'm Hawkes Bay, so the East Coast. But a lesser known area
I've never been up that way. Sounds lovely though.
Old Mar 20th 2008, 5:42 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Good on ya BB! Enjoy the beautiful weather.
Old Mar 20th 2008, 6:15 am
BE Enthusiast

MooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds wonderful, cannot wait to be there too
Old Mar 20th 2008, 7:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

and upheaval, it is wonderful here. I finished work at lunchtime and took a couple of friends and our dog for a walk along a beautiful beach (only 10 mins from my house!!!) with only one other person passed in the two hours we walked along it paddling in the warm water. 10 yr old has gone with a mate to their beach house, youngest one is playing at a neighbours house. It's hot and sunny and the long weekend stretches out in front of me. This was the lifestyle of my dreams in the UK and despite the difficulties, the adjustment, the upheaval, here I am living it

I feel exactly the same way..alas I don't have Ocean beach and Waimarama on my door step, none the less our lives here are outrageously good here in comparison to what we left behind. Our lives are bordering on perfection even here in lowly Palmy..can't imagine how good it must be in HB!!!

If I was coming again in another life much as I love it here in PN..I would go for HB everytime. Maybe when we have retired?

Great to hear from another happy clapper!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Genesis; Mar 20th 2008 at 7:52 am. Reason: carp spilleng
Old Mar 20th 2008, 9:12 am
---

It's a funny place- I fear once the airport goes international (which is all happening- but just on a Kiwi timescale, lol) and it feels to the majority like a more viable place to live and visit, it may lose some of it's 'lost world' charm, but until then it really is a bit of a magic secret
Old Mar 20th 2008, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

PVFC is a glorious beacon of lightPVFC is a glorious beacon of lightPVFC is a glorious beacon of lightPVFC is a glorious beacon of lightPVFC is a glorious beacon of lightPVFC is a glorious beacon of lightPVFC is a glorious beacon of lightPVFC is a glorious beacon of lightPVFC is a glorious beacon of lightPVFC is a glorious beacon of lightPVFC is a glorious beacon of light

I can back you on that. While I live in Wellington my wife is from Hastings and we spend a lot of time up there.

My first Xmas night in NZ I was in the pool at midnight, with the flood lights on, everyone else in bed and total silence thinking to myself this is the life and this is part of the reason I moved over here!!

I spend my first New Years Eve at Waimarama beach with my in laws and remeber walking along looking at the clear sky and the moon reflecting down on the still sea.

While I keep thinking that I may move up to the Bay, I think that if I live there where would I go for weekends away!!
Old Mar 20th 2008, 8:30 pm
---

Originally Posted by PVFC
I can back you on that. While I live in Wellington my wife is from Hastings and we spend a lot of time up there.

My first Xmas night in NZ I was in the pool at midnight, with the flood lights on, everyone else in bed and total silence thinking to myself this is the life and this is part of the reason I moved over here!!

I spend my first New Years Eve at Waimarama beach with my in laws and remeber walking along looking at the clear sky and the moon reflecting down on the still sea.

While I keep thinking that I may move up to the Bay, I think that if I live there where would I go for weekends away!!
Locals just holiday at the beaches. I was quite surprised initially but even my minted GP took his family for a week to Waimarama. Mahia Peninsula is also very popular- a couple of hours beautiful drive to some of the best surfing and best beaches- lots of 'locals' own batches up there from before it came on the map.

Give it a couple of years and you'll be able to fly to Oz from the airport too
Old Mar 20th 2008, 8:44 pm
you dewty owld maan!

.....Give it a couple of years and you'll be able to fly to Oz from the airport too
Ah joy, to be flooded with Aussie tourists..............my idea of heaven..........I bet Nernie can send you the rules for pig-wresting and you could make a fortune entertaining the grockles.........
Old Mar 20th 2008, 9:11 pm
---

I had to google grockles!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.