alice goodwin

Old Apr 9th 2008, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

alice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nice
Default alice goodwin

Hi!! my name's Alice , I'm married to Alf & have 4 children (yes 4 !!!!) We live in Rotherham (near Sheffield) We are looking into moving to new zealand & would love to hear from you all !

Last edited by alice goodwin; Apr 9th 2008 at 7:48 pm. Reason: spelling mistake
Old Apr 9th 2008, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

pumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud of
Default Re: alice goodwin

Hello Alice,

Welcome to the site. We are in the process of emigrating. (me, OH and two daughters)We have our PR, and leave the UK in October. You'll get loads of great advice and info on here. Still finding out loads myself, but give me a shout if you want to ask anything, and I'll help if I can.

Good luck

Louise
xx
Old Apr 9th 2008, 8:21 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Hi Alice. If you need any questions answered about immigration matters, cost of living, schools, areas to live, jobs or whatever, you've come to the right place. If you need a place to vent your frustrations that's allowable as well. If you need a rockin' recipe for meatloaf (I made a superb one last night) I'm the man to see.

Old Apr 10th 2008, 2:20 am
Just Joined

snakajack is a jewel in the roughsnakajack is a jewel in the roughsnakajack is a jewel in the roughsnakajack is a jewel in the roughsnakajack is a jewel in the rough

Hey Alice

Good luck with your application to come over here. We have been here for just over a year, living in Auckland. We have one child! so a bit quieter than your household i am sure!!.......There have been many ups and downs since living here, just dealing with homesickness really, it has been a big issue for me when it comes to family and friends. Having said that one year on and we have seen many amazing places in this beautiful country and many more things to see and do, so wouldn't change anything! Am looking forward to the next step for us which is moving down to The Bay of Plenty.
Good luck!
Old Apr 10th 2008, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

alice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nice
Red face Re: alice goodwin

hi to every one who replied to my thread, still not sure how to replie to you all!! I'm not very good with computers We haven't even got any forms to fill in yet, is it worth going through an agency or is it easy to go it alone ? I want to sell up & go tomorrow but my hubby is being cautious (he's the sensible one ) so we've booked an holiday to new zealand. Flying out 23rd October - hired a camper van to tour the country - flying home 9th Nov. Hoping hubby will fall in love with NZ & then we can get things started love Alice xxxxx
Old Apr 10th 2008, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by pumpkinlou

Hello Alice,

Welcome to the site. We are in the process of emigrating. (me, OH and two daughters)We have our PR, and leave the UK in October. You'll get loads of great advice and info on here. Still finding out loads myself, but give me a shout if you want to ask anything, and I'll help if I can.

Good luck

Louise
xx
Hi louise ! Thanks for your message, I don't know where to start. Did you use an agency or "go it alone " ? We've booked an holiday to NZ in october (still trying to convince my hubby to move )
Old Apr 10th 2008, 5:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Alice, careful you're about to be flattened by everyone saying don't use an agent!! Honestly if you use the NZIS site, read the Wiki on here and post all your questions here everyone will help and save you a shed load of money. Good luck with the trip.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by happynz
Hi Alice. If you need any questions answered about immigration matters, cost of living, schools, areas to live, jobs or whatever, you've come to the right place. If you need a place to vent your frustrations that's allowable as well. If you need a rockin' recipe for meatloaf (I made a superb one last night) I'm the man to see.

Hi happynz ! thanks for reply - We havn't got any forms yet- let alone filled any in ! I would move next week- but my hubby's a bit too sensible.

So we've made a comprimise - We've booked an holiday for Nov. hired a camper van & will tour NZ with our 2 younger kids ( 9 & 14). Hopefully my hubby will fall in love with NZ & we can get started with the big move!

We appear to have 140 points - without a job offer ( thats if I've worked it out right) My eldest son is a qualified electrical engineer - so I think his chances are good.
Our biggest promblem -PLEASE HELP ME IF YOU CAN - is my 2nd son. He is only 17. He's been working with a plastering firm for the past year ( since he left school) but he's not qualified yet - HOW can we get a visa for him.If we wait 2 years for him to get his NVQ- then we'll be in the same situation with my 14 year old !!! HELP!!!

love Alice xxxxx
Old Apr 10th 2008, 6:56 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by alice goodwin
Hi happynz ! thanks for reply - We haven't got any forms yet- let alone filled any in ! I would move next week- but my hubby's a bit too sensible.
Hi *waves*

So we've made a compromise - We've booked a holiday for Nov. hired a camper van & will tour NZ with our 2 younger kids ( 9 & 14). Hopefully my hubby will fall in love with NZ & we can get started with the big move!
The scenery can be awe-inspiring, for sure. The cities and towns are OKish, but I think it's that natural scenery that appeals to most. However, as the saying goes, 'Ya can't eat the scenery'. You'll still need an income.

We appear to have 140 points - without a job offer ( thats if I've worked it out right)
Going on that you should get selected straight away.
My eldest son is a qualified electrical engineer - so I think his chances are good.
Yes. He will need to get in touch with the EWRB to get his registration sorted. Click on http://www.ewrb.govt.nz/ to get started.
Our biggest problem -PLEASE HELP ME IF YOU CAN - is my 2nd son. He is only 17. He's been working with a plastering firm for the past year ( since he left school) but he's not qualified yet - HOW can we get a visa for him. If we wait 2 years for him to get his NVQ- then we'll be in the same situation with my 14 year old !!! HELP!!!
Look at this link. It may answer some of your questions or give you some ideas what you may need to do and resulting decisions that will need to be made. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...hatisrequired/

love Alice xxxxx
Good luck Alice.