Reload this Page >

Albany Primary and Junior High Schools

Albany Primary and Junior High Schools

Old Dec 6th 2013, 8:57 am
Just Joined

vhous is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Albany Primary and Junior High Schools

Hi,
We're thinking of moving to Albany and wondering if any of you has any first hand experience with either of these schools. We have two daughters aged 10 and 8.
They are both decile 10, but this is an indicator only; we would appreciate your opinion if you have kids in these schools. Our daughters currently attend Remuera Primary and wonder how the schools compare.
Old Dec 9th 2013, 2:47 am
Forum Regular

Engel is just really niceEngel is just really niceEngel is just really niceEngel is just really niceEngel is just really niceEngel is just really niceEngel is just really niceEngel is just really nice
Default Re: Albany Primary and Junior High Schools

I teach at Pinehurst School, home to Miss Plays-much-golf. Small, friendly, very strong co-curricular. I would call it a soft school. The Y10 boys would not last 5 minutes at a South Auckland rough house.
It take pupils through the Cambridge International Exams, so they end up doing A-levels. Ideal if you think they may go back to the UK.

http://www.pinehurst.school.nz/
Old Dec 9th 2013, 3:25 am

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Albany Primary and Junior High Schools

Originally Posted by vhous View Post
Hi,
We're thinking of moving to Albany and wondering if any of you has any first hand experience with either of these schools. We have two daughters aged 10 and 8.
They are both decile 10, but this is an indicator only; we would appreciate your opinion if you have kids in these schools. Our daughters currently attend Remuera Primary and wonder how the schools compare.
Hello and welcome to B.E., sorry cant say I can be of any practical help, except you can check out the NCEA report on the school

http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/providers/de...erId=694886001

Which on the face of it seems pretty good.