Airlines

Old Mar 5th 2009, 6:44 pm
Just Joined

emmsy poo has a brilliant futureemmsy poo has a brilliant futureemmsy poo has a brilliant futureemmsy poo has a brilliant futureemmsy poo has a brilliant futureemmsy poo has a brilliant futureemmsy poo has a brilliant future
Default Airlines

Hi All

Rob and I are planning to come out for a look around at the end of June (yes I know its your winter, but hey).

We have found some reasonable flight costs but not sure if the airlines are any good.

Could someone advise - the choices are Royal Brunei, Malaysian & Singapore airlines.

Many thanks

Emma
Old Mar 5th 2009, 7:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Airlines

Originally Posted by emmsy poo
Hi All

Rob and I are planning to come out for a look around at the end of June (yes I know its your winter, but hey).

We have found some reasonable flight costs but not sure if the airlines are any good.

Could someone advise - the choices are Royal Brunei, Malaysian & Singapore airlines.

Many thanks

Emma
I havent flown with Brunei so cant comment. Singapore is really good, good inflight entertainment, good inflight service etc. also, the airport at singapore is very well set up for your spopover, there is a hotel in the airport you can rent rooms in for x hour blocks, or alternatively they have showers etc to freshen up in. Or you can do a daytrip around singapore.

have flown with Malay once, found them fine too, but preferred singapore
Old Mar 5th 2009, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

Dave1892 has a reputation beyond reputeDave1892 has a reputation beyond reputeDave1892 has a reputation beyond reputeDave1892 has a reputation beyond reputeDave1892 has a reputation beyond reputeDave1892 has a reputation beyond reputeDave1892 has a reputation beyond reputeDave1892 has a reputation beyond reputeDave1892 has a reputation beyond reputeDave1892 has a reputation beyond reputeDave1892 has a reputation beyond repute

Singapore are excellent. You may even get on the new double decker.

I've looked at Christchurch in May/June and Emirates are doing a deal around £600 Mark which is a good price for a good airline.
Old Mar 5th 2009, 7:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Have flown Malaysian and they were very good, charming cabin staff. Have also flown with United Airlines (horrible) Korean Air twice (great), Air NZ (dad paid!). All much the same, it's long and it's boring. Incheon Airport in Seoul also have an airport hotel you pay for by the hour. Or if your flight isn't a same day onward flight they take you to a very nice hotel in Seoul.
Have a lovely time
Old Mar 5th 2009, 7:47 pm
NZbound

yorkshire_sparkie is just really niceyorkshire_sparkie is just really niceyorkshire_sparkie is just really niceyorkshire_sparkie is just really niceyorkshire_sparkie is just really niceyorkshire_sparkie is just really niceyorkshire_sparkie is just really niceyorkshire_sparkie is just really nice

Singapore are FANTASTIC The hostesses are soo helpful (and beautiful too). They are fab with kids - I wouldn't fly with anyone else. Have flown to NZ twice with them. In flight entertainment is good, meals are good... Singapore airport is really good too. We stayed in Singapore for 2 days and it was a lovely place to visit.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 3:52 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Singapore are undoubtedly one of the best! The only thing i've heard about Royal Brunei is that they are a dry airline, so don't expect a glass of wine with your meal...
Old Mar 6th 2009, 7:13 am
Just Joined

emmsy poo has a brilliant futureemmsy poo has a brilliant futureemmsy poo has a brilliant futureemmsy poo has a brilliant futureemmsy poo has a brilliant futureemmsy poo has a brilliant futureemmsy poo has a brilliant future

Thanks guys thats really helpful!
Old Mar 10th 2009, 4:17 am
Forum Regular

Pastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of light

Make sure you try Air New Zealand. They are offering 571.00 right, but it depends on when you fly. Try and fly via the US and you get loads of baggage allowance.

good luck

Paul
Old Mar 10th 2009, 4:22 am
Account Closed

Yotty is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis
Singapore are undoubtedly one of the best! The only thing i've heard about Royal Brunei is that they are a dry airline, so don't expect a glass of wine with your meal...
yeah but their hosties are something special ..
Old Mar 10th 2009, 4:35 am
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute

Singapore and Malaysian are 2 of the worlds best. Royal Brunei is dry, but you can bring aboard your own apparently, I would also think their route is longer and would require 2 stops as opposed to 1.
Old Mar 10th 2009, 6:05 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

You can BYO booze with Royal Brunei.

I've just flown Emirates and whilst the cabin crew are lovely , ( I can't praise them enough for being so kind to me on my return journey to NZ ) I found the route to be longer . The leg room was less than I am used to with Air Singapore and the seating a touch uncomfy.

Singapore knocks spots off the rest of the routes and airlines in my humble opinion. Good route times. Amazing airport facilities. Try and have a Singapore stop-over if you can. Good value whichever way you look at it. If not and you have around 6 hours or so, rent a room at the Airport Ambassador Hotel for some kip and a shower. You can rent a 6 hour block and then by the hour after, I think.

I wouldn't fly via US of A at the mo. simply because of the security & the time that security takes up. One may gain an extra baggage allowance though via this route.
Old Mar 10th 2009, 7:29 am
Just Joined

Well guys, Ive taken your advise and spent the extra £100 to fly with Singapore airlines, we leave the UK on the 25th June into Auckland and then two and a bit weeks to see as much as we can, and meet prospective employers.

We'd love to meet up with anyone who's willing, to have a coffee and a chat on our tour.

Thanks for all your help guys!