Airline Freebies

Old Dec 26th 2009, 8:02 pm
Buzzy Bee Mad

Beetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Airline Freebies

Just a query really - we are flying over in February with Singapore Airlines and was wondering what freebies you get?

Or do I need to buy them - like eye mask, ear plugs, anti dvt socks etc!

anyone flown with them recently.

regards

Niki
Old Dec 26th 2009, 8:28 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Airline Freebies

We flew with them in Aug/Sept to the UK & back. We were in cattle class & got a toothbrush & toothpaste & a pair of yucky beige sleep socks (not DVT ones). Basically buy everything before you travel!
Old Dec 26th 2009, 10:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
We flew with them in Aug/Sept to the UK & back. We were in cattle class & got a toothbrush & toothpaste & a pair of yucky beige sleep socks (not DVT ones). Basically buy everything before you travel!

SNAP. If you have any time between flights at Singapore there are free tours you can do. We have 15hours between flights because we want to arrive at lunch time and not midnight so we use the Ambassador Transit Hotel for 8 hours and go to bed. On our return we only have 5 hours and we go to the Ambassador Airport Lounge where you can have a shower and change of clothes etc., towels etc provided. Take a look.

http://athmg.com/
Old Dec 27th 2009, 1:11 pm
Buzzy Bee Mad

Beetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of light

many thanks - I will get onto ebay for the socks etc and thanks Margarett

for the link, we had heard that there were facilities at Changi - we only have

two and a half hours inbetween flights so just enough to get a shower and

change me thinks?

cheers

Niki
Old Dec 27th 2009, 2:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beetrooper
many thanks - I will get onto ebay for the socks etc and thanks Margarett

for the link, we had heard that there were facilities at Changi - we only have

two and a half hours inbetween flights so just enough to get a shower and

change me thinks?

cheers

Niki
I don't think you will have enough time you will have to get from terminal 1 to terminal 3 via a monorail or you could try walking but its quite a way. Plus you will want to have a look in the shops. Take some wet wipes, clean undies & FF
Old Dec 27th 2009, 5:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

lapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

My advice would be to buy some noise-cancelling headphones from Argos etc. Not very expensive these days and make the in flight entertainment so much better
Old Dec 27th 2009, 6:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by lapsed kiwi
My advice would be to buy some noise-cancelling headphones from Argos etc. Not very expensive these days and make the in flight entertainment so much better
Seconded on the noise cancelling headphones. Personally I prefer the in ear models as they isolate noise much better.

I use these http://www.amazon.co.uk/Westone-UM2-.../dp/B000NIOVWC but I got them for £99 from Amazon so you need to shop around. Most comfortable headphones I've ever used, quality is amazing, isolate all the sound out. Once you pop them out halfway through the flight you then appreciate how loud airplanes are inside!
Old Dec 27th 2009, 8:39 pm
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by AndyR
Seconded on the noise cancelling headphones. Personally I prefer the in ear models as they isolate noise much better.

I use these http://www.amazon.co.uk/Westone-UM2-.../dp/B000NIOVWC but I got them for £99 from Amazon so you need to shop around. Most comfortable headphones I've ever used, quality is amazing, isolate all the sound out. Once you pop them out halfway through the flight you then appreciate how loud airplanes are inside!
does anyone know if cathay pacific offer anything? We flying out with via hong kong!! 22/01/10...........
Old Dec 29th 2009, 5:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Jo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of light

My parents are flying to NZ via Hong Kong in Feb using Cathay Pacific so would be good to know what they offer or any tips!!
Old Dec 29th 2009, 7:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jo-Chris
My parents are flying to NZ via Hong Kong in Feb using Cathay Pacific so would be good to know what they offer or any tips!!
My son has gone to our daughters via that route. He has just arrived so I will ask him when I speak to him when he has got over his jet lag.
Old Dec 29th 2009, 5:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Cathay Pacific supply socks, toothbrush, toothpaste & eyepatch but you have to ask for them. Hope that helps. My son says the flights were good and on time.
Old Dec 29th 2009, 5:26 pm
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Margaret Parkinson
Cathay Pacific supply socks, toothbrush, toothpaste & eyepatch but you have to ask for them. Hope that helps. My son says the flights were good and on time.
fab, thanks magaret. Thats great to know, especially about the socks, however, may get some from my mum in law other wise, as she had had surgery 4 times in the last 4 years so has plenty in the house,. lol.

Tina. x
Old Dec 29th 2009, 9:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Margaret - I will inform the parents!
Old Dec 29th 2009, 10:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by willand tina_h
fab, thanks magaret. Thats great to know, especially about the socks, however, may get some from my mum in law other wise, as she had had surgery 4 times in the last 4 years so has plenty in the house,. lol.

Tina. x
Sorry I should have said they are not flight socks just ordinary ones. I have had knee surgery so take the ones I was given with me.
Old Dec 30th 2009, 2:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Psychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by willand tina_h

Tina. x
Hi Tina,

I doubt the socks provided will be the compression socks that prevent DVT more the saggy kind that prevent the OH wanting you to join the mile high club with him

When we went with Singapore they were just fluffly socks (one size so rather massive) meant to keep you warm.

I have bought some sexy compression socks for our flight - just in cases x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.