British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Air New Zealand new safety video (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/air-new-zealand-new-safety-video-711961/)

P18PPS Apr 3rd 2011 8:17 pm

Air New Zealand new safety video

If you've got a spare 4 mins.... watch rather original..

http://www.facebook.com/AirNewZealan...02180086533672

chippy64 Apr 4th 2011 2:19 pm

Re: Air New Zealand new safety video

It made me laugh - I posted the link on my fb page 28th Mar and the behind the scenes link too :D

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...M0r68o&h=cb611

I suppose, anything that might make people watch (although as a pessimist, I alway do! :thumbsup:).

McZac Apr 8th 2011 12:50 pm

By way of contrast to this Vision of the HAPPY Air NZ face here's a TRUE story about NZ air, myself & 2 american guests.
We were returning on AIR New Zealand from Wellington after doing a week of Jazz Concerts & we sat down in our seats & the dreaded Safety Demo VDO began my friend Jack made a remark about my red eyes & the night before that made me laugh,:D about 10 seconds later a guy who claimed to be air line security towered over me & said in a stern voice NO LAUGHING :frown:during the safety demo, I replied you have got to be joking since when is it against the law to be happy.
This highly inflammatory remark brought in 2 other people from Air NZ & all three of them read the riot act to me about security & 911 & all the other crap about the nations safety.
By now I was really pissed off :frown:so I told them to leave me alone of or call the police & have me arrested for laughing, so that I could sue the airline seven ways from Sunday OR I am going to call the news media & have them meet me in the terminal & tell them about NZ Air's NO LAUGHTER policy, they soon backed down & I have never flown air NZ since & would rather walk to Wellington than fly with this gestapo style Nazi run airline & apart from this insult I find the food they dish up on the international flights worse than their sense of humour.

Yes I can see how they need to bring in an redundant powder puff to lighten the mood on their second class airline (BUT what ever you do DON'T laugh at it) it's cheaper than fixing the problems they are having with their planes ANYONE found the cargo door that dropped off over Auckland yet?? They call it a DETACHMENT problem I call shithouse penny pinching maintenance policies.:thumbdown:

Ex Aucklander Apr 8th 2011 1:11 pm

I came across this blog about passengers from a Flight Attendant's point of view.

Parts are very funny & I can relate to several situations observed whilst flying around the globe.

http://thesassyfa.blogspot.com/2011/...sy-flight.html

scrubbedexpat094 Apr 8th 2011 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by McZac (Post 9293357)
By way of contrast to this Vision of the HAPPY Air NZ face here's a TRUE story about NZ air, myself & 2 american guests.
We were returning on AIR New Zealand from Wellington after doing a week of Jazz Concerts & we sat down in our seats & the dreaded Safety Demo VDO began my friend Jack made a remark about my red eyes & the night before that made me laugh,:D about 10 seconds later a guy who claimed to be air line security towered over me & said in a stern voice NO LAUGHING :frown:during the safety demo, I replied you have got to be joking since when is it against the law to be happy.
This highly inflammatory remark brought in 2 other people from Air NZ & all three of them read the riot act to me about security & 911 & all the other crap about the nations safety.
By now I was really pissed off :frown:so I told them to leave me alone of or call the police & have me arrested for laughing, so that I could sue the airline seven ways from Sunday OR I am going to call the news media & have them meet me in the terminal & tell them about NZ Air's NO LAUGHTER policy, they soon backed down & I have never flown air NZ since & would rather walk to Wellington than fly with this gestapo style Nazi run airline & apart from this insult I find the food they dish up on the international flights worse than their sense of humour.

Yes I can see how they need to bring in an redundant powder puff to lighten the mood on their second class airline (BUT what ever you do DON'T laugh at it) it's cheaper than fixing the problems they are having with their planes ANYONE found the cargo door that dropped off over Auckland yet?? They call it a DETACHMENT problem I call shithouse penny pinching maintenance policies.:thumbdown:

Sorry but you've just lost your own argument. See thread below ;)
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=712422

My B-i-L worked as an engineer for a couple of airlines for many years, planes often lose parts mid-flight apparently :eek:

McZac Apr 8th 2011 10:56 pm

I am aware of these problems in other airlines but MY thread was about the bad treatment I got for laughing at a joke & the heavy handed way they handled it but I am glad you found something to comment about in my post.

:confused:

Charismatic Apr 9th 2011 12:55 am

Was it the airline itself or aviation security? If the latter you should consider yourself lucky there wasn't a full cavity search ;). No level of decency or service are preserved when it comes to the aviation security staff.

Air NZ always been nice to me, last time I got a cookie and a bag of jetplane aircraft :thumbup:.

bourbon-biscuit Apr 9th 2011 1:41 am

What a shame they had to use that nobber Paul Henry :thumbdown:

McZac Apr 9th 2011 9:12 am

Originally Posted by Charismatic (Post 9294437)
Was it the airline itself or aviation security? If the latter you should consider yourself lucky there wasn't a full cavity search ;). No level of decency or service are preserved when it comes to the aviation security staff.

Air NZ always been nice to me, last time I got a cookie and a bag of jetplane aircraft :thumbup:.

NOT SURE who they worked for, but I have found that if you give people any power or a uniform the become storm troupers & this crap about security is way over the top & to my knowledge has not stopped anyone from to date boarding with intent to harm & removing NAIL CLIPPERS & dentil floss come on,,,, do they think we will manicure the pilot & crew to death & then clean their teeth it's all bullsh*t.

McZac Apr 9th 2011 9:14 am

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit (Post 9294471)

WHAT ????? :confused:

chippy64 Apr 9th 2011 10:45 am

Did you not see his spectacular fall from grace? October, I believe, cos I was in Auckland, validating my visa and watched the interview on tv.

Charismatic Apr 10th 2011 12:33 am

Originally Posted by McZac (Post 9294809)
it's all bullsh*t.

I agree, but people are satisfied when governments pander to their paranoia. In truth you could blow up a packed bus or food court just as easily yet we don't make people go through metal detectors or x-ray their bags.

The security is not proportional to the risks involved.

Charismatic Apr 10th 2011 12:39 am

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit (Post 9294471)

I thought he was a good sport for doing it. To me his self-deprication suggest he isn't really machiavellian by nature, he knows he has been a naughty boy :D.

cappuccino Apr 10th 2011 1:45 am

I hope they bring back the All Blacks safety video during the world cup. That was much better and will be more appropriate at that time.

chippy64 Apr 10th 2011 7:14 am

Originally Posted by cappuccino (Post 9295708)
I hope they bring back the All Blacks safety video during the world cup. That was much better and will be more appropriate at that time.

Ooh yes please -I would watch that (again and again and again and ...... you get the picture!). :thumbsup: