agency scams

Old Jul 5th 2007, 10:01 am
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: agency scams

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Hubby doesn't drink, it's his new line of business, he wants paying??!!! And not in kind, "you slaaaaag", he wants yorkie bars??? (Peanut & raisin he says?)
Yorkie bars a plenty for him, bottle of plonk for you. What more could you ask for.
Old Jul 5th 2007, 11:34 am
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by karonious
We have all that here in sunny New Zealand!
Is the sun shining in Hamilton??? It's pissing down here and we've got a leak in our bedroom - soggy carpets
Old Jul 5th 2007, 11:47 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by donnaf
Is the sun shining in Hamilton??? It's pissing down here and we've got a leak in our bedroom - soggy carpets
On and off monsoon rain with sun in between Thunder and lightning this evening, pretty impressive I only remarked to Steve this evening that at least the roof works and he gave me a look. I had to explain that at least we don't have a 'leaky building'!
Old Jul 5th 2007, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

rockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nice

so the new nick name is Leaky Donna.
Old Jul 5th 2007, 6:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

phil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to behold

Dont pay any money up front. Know a few kiwi truck drivers here who have all said don't use an agency. There are loads of jobs on trade me for truck drivers. Give that a go if you can open an account or find an agency who will find you a job then take payment. Chrysallis is one i've heard of who do this. They will find you a job for twenty dollars an hour and tell you it's seventeen and take three dollars for every hour that you work for as long as your there. I know that trade me currently has listings for 141 courier/drivers jobs. And you can't buy Yorkie bars here.
Thats bullsh** and illeagal! I came through chrysalis so know exactly what they do. They charge you the person rather than the company...no disrespect drivers but some agencies yes they charge the company but thats for someone they are seriously willing to pay up for...do you think a company who wants a driver will pay an agency thousands of dollars for you and then wait 3 or so months for you to come out here...get real...if you can't get a job offer from them for free when you email and phone them then what on earth makes you think an agency that the company has to pay for is going to be able to get you a job...think logically!

I recommended Chrysalis because I used them...I have a job, I see my payslip with no deductions to a third party, I see my hourly rate and my tax...so your kiwi hubby and you really have no clue it's not fair to mislead people. If these people could get their own job offer they would and wouldn't even consider using an agent, but when you can't and yeah I went on trade me I contacted hundreds of employers but got jack shi**as far as a job goes thats when you have a choice...no one held a gun to my head I made the choice, paid the money and reaped the rewards! But having gone through this agency and knowing a few others that are I think the term agency scams is wrong...you don't get scammed you get told how much you will be charged, what they are charging you for and you make a choice most adults are able to do that then you get what you paid for! Quite simple really.
Old Jul 5th 2007, 9:32 pm
Just Joined

rubini is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Kerrone
There are two ways at looking at this problem. Spend a couple of grand going to NZ then haul your a**e around as many haulage companys you can find and hope that one of them are prepared to take a punt on hiring you. Make sure they are prepared to wait months for your arrival and also make sure they are accredited with NZIS. I can assure you that by the time you are ready to come home you will have had a really c**p holiday and more than likely no offer of work. Alternately use an agency such as Chrysalis and let them do the legwork find you a position help you with your visa application and generally take the strain. £1500 pounds sounds a lot but when you work it out it's cheaper than the first alternative. Chrysalis only use accredited employers so you wont have to worry about getting a valid job offer. Phil01 is already in NZ however i am still here as visa is currently being procesed . If you want to PM me You can arrange to speak to me on the landline and i will give you as much information as i can. Best Regards Sean
Old Jul 6th 2007, 5:15 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by phil01
...so your kiwi hubby and you really have no clue it's not fair to mislead people.
Firstly my husband posted under my name as this is not an area I know anything about at all, I merely came back to it and re-iterated that this is indeed what we have been told. They experienced it here. You didn't. This is called 2 sides to the story. IMHO this is not mis-leading anyone ... We, I like to think, all want to help people making the move as much as possible and I know you have helped truckies out with advice and support loads, by offering to PM a few people jobs from TradeMe to give them the details to investigate for themselves is trying to be helpful. You've really offended me by your harsh words when my husband was trying to give another side to the story ...
Old Jul 6th 2007, 6:52 am
BE Enthusiast

phil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to behold

Firstly my husband posted under my name as this is not an area I know anything about at all, I merely came back to it and re-iterated that this is indeed what we have been told. They experienced it here. You didn't. This is called 2 sides to the story. IMHO this is not mis-leading anyone ... We, I like to think, all want to help people making the move as much as possible and I know you have helped truckies out with advice and support loads, by offering to PM a few people jobs from TradeMe to give them the details to investigate for themselves is trying to be helpful. You've really offended me by your harsh words when my husband was trying to give another side to the story ...
Apologies Am Loolah...I didn't mean to offend you.

UK agencies take a percentage of your pay as a trucker when you work for the agency, that is not what this agency does you don't work for them they get you a job with a company in NZ, so to say they take money from your pay was misleading, thats all I meant. They tell you up front that they charge a fee, they don't charge companies which to me made sense, I really can't see any haulage company that values its drivers at $16.00 an hour paying a few grand to take a driver on...it's not realistic.

I look at things logically and most of the people on here have tried every avenue to get a job, they have phoned and emailed companies and not got an offer, so whether they saw the job on trade me, seek or just targetted companies is irrelevant. Being realistic if they can't get an offer from a company then they need someone to sell them, that is the purpose of going to agencys. If you apply for a vacancy on trade me the company has paid to advertise because they have a job to fill...so why logically would they take on a driver who is in the UK, has a house to sell, meds to do, police checks to do and visas to get...they have the need to fill that vacancy now, not 6 months down the line...and having advertised they will undoubtedly even with a driver shortage have some applicants...would you as a haulage manager wait 6 months for a possible or take the bloke stood in front of you ready, willing and able.

People do have a choice but as a last resort it can be helpful to go to an agency that others can recommend as legit. Myself and a few others can vouch for this agency and I can tell of another one that did fleece me in my opinion, to me going on recommendation because you know others that got what they were promissed is better than gambling on companies that no one has tried and tested.
Old Jul 6th 2007, 6:57 am

Apologies Am Loolah...I didn't mean to offend you.

UK agencies take a percentage of your pay as a trucker when you work for the agency, that is not what this agency does you don't work for them they get you a job with a company in NZ, so to say they take money from your pay was misleading, thats all I meant. They tell you up front that they charge a fee, they don't charge companies which to me made sense, I really can't see any haulage company that values its drivers at $16.00 an hour paying a few grand to take a driver on...it's not realistic.

I look at things logically and most of the people on here have tried every avenue to get a job, they have phoned and emailed companies and not got an offer, so whether they saw the job on trade me, seek or just targetted companies is irrelevant. Being realistic if they can't get an offer from a company then they need someone to sell them, that is the purpose of going to agencys. If you apply for a vacancy on trade me the company has paid to advertise because they have a job to fill...so why logically would they take on a driver who is in the UK, has a house to sell, meds to do, police checks to do and visas to get...they have the need to fill that vacancy now, not 6 months down the line...and having advertised they will undoubtedly even with a driver shortage have some applicants...would you as a haulage manager wait 6 months for a possible or take the bloke stood in front of you ready, willing and able.

People do have a choice but as a last resort it can be helpful to go to an agency that others can recommend as legit. Myself and a few others can vouch for this agency and I can tell of another one that did fleece me in my opinion, to me going on recommendation because you know others that got what they were promissed is better than gambling on companies that no one has tried and tested.
That's ok!

I absolutely agree that people must try every avenue to get here and to get work sorted, and if we all try and help as I think we do, in any way, then we are all trying to achieve the same thing. I know people can't get TradeMe from the UK without a NZ address so I was offering to send details of jobs on there for them to try on their own, and maybe save a bit of hard earned, much needed money for when they do get here! At lease as a first option. Maybe the person who told us their story was just really unlucky (and quite possibly a bit stooopid!)
Old Jul 6th 2007, 7:04 am
BE Enthusiast

That's ok!

I absolutely agree that people must try every avenue to get here and to get work sorted, and if we all try and help as I think we do, in any way, then we are all trying to achieve the same thing. I know people can't get TradeMe from the UK without a NZ address so I was offering to send details of jobs on there for them to try on their own, and maybe save a bit of hard earned, much needed money for when they do get here! At lease as a first option. Maybe the person who told us their story was just really unlucky (and quite possibly a bit stooopid!)
Happy now I am forgiven xx

I will happily help anyone but problem is some expats that come over for a short time then change jobs make it really difficult for the rest of us coming over, we get branded as unreliable, been trying to get my mate who is coming over later this year a job but now just waiting till he gets here and will be able to take him around and vouch for him with some companies I know. Not one will give him an offer while he is in the UK. Still it all works out in the end.
Old Jul 6th 2007, 7:11 am

Happy now I am forgiven xx

I will happily help anyone but problem is some expats that come over for a short time then change jobs make it really difficult for the rest of us coming over, we get branded as unreliable, been trying to get my mate who is coming over later this year a job but now just waiting till he gets here and will be able to take him around and vouch for him with some companies I know. Not one will give him an offer while he is in the UK. Still it all works out in the end.
Unfortunately this is a story I have heard often since we got here, seems we are getting ourselves a bit of a reputation as unreliable? You can see it from the Employers point of view when they hear of this kind of thing happening. But, as you say, most will get here in the end!
Old Jul 6th 2007, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

rockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nice

Well it looks like the pennys starting to drop, you get now't for now't. So basically you pay out anything upto £1,500 to register then you here nothing.
Then all of a sudden you here they have a job for you, the get there commision of the company and you pay them 10% if your wages for upto a year. And then you have your taxes and other stuff taken of your wages and thats why,you will proberbly find the wages are so low.

Does any one who got a job through an agency fell they are under payed ????????????

Regards

P.S This happened to me in Hampshire England in the 80's, and is just another scam for them to get more money . TRUE or not.:curse::curse:

Regards
Old Jul 6th 2007, 9:11 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

It is my night for hhmms....

If you get a job offer with an emplyer direct, then you deal with them and you will haggle with them for your rate of pay.

If you get a job offer throgh an acredited emploter then they will either have apay scale plus an offer of re-location fees or you will have to haggle once again.

If you go through a recruitment agency, then you will have to watch out a bit because it is in their vested interest to get you in as an employee. They have to look to the employers interests first and that will reflect on the wage you are offered.
Equally though, if they are on a commision top-up of the rate you are paid, they may choose to try for the best rate of pay for you.

I feel that in the game of overseas job offers ,it is a stand-off.

You want the job , you have to accept the lower rate.

Even if you go direct to an NZ employer , odds are you are offered a rate several dollars below your NZ counterparts.
Fair play in a way because you are not converse with NZ working practices.

disclaimer..
this does not mean I agree with this, it simply means that is how it is.
Old Jul 6th 2007, 9:13 am
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately this is a story I have heard often since we got here, seems we are getting ourselves a bit of a reputation as unreliable? You can see it from the Employers point of view when they hear of this kind of thing happening. But, as you say, most will get here in the end!
I appreciate the help from both of you. I am still going through the agency Phil01 and AmLoolah you must still get those bits of info for me.........try all avenues as you both say.

Oh yeah and by the way.............MY HOUSE SOLD YESTERDAY!!!!!
Old Jul 6th 2007, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

Congratulations on the house sale not long mow then Eh.

Regards

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.