agency scams

Old Jul 6th 2007, 7:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

phil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: agency scams

Congrats Nicki...wow you will be here before you know it...or maybe just in time for summer!
Old Jul 6th 2007, 7:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

phil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to behold

I came through an agency but what I am saying is there are different agencies. The one we came through got Phil a job, which enabled us to get our visa...they helped us sort out our visa apps and sent us loads of stuff on different areas. They charged us a one off fee for that. They don't charge the company at all, placing UK drivers is not easy, there may be a shortage of drivers out here but employers know you can only get a temp visa, know you are gonna get homesick and know you don't know the areas etc...so they are not going to bend over backwards to wait 3 or more months for a UK driver. Hence quite a few agencies exist to get you jobs....which they want paying for...fair enough I don't work for nothing!

Phil got a job, he doesn't work for an agency he works for a NZ haulage company. The agency after making the introduction has nothing more to do with it, they don't take any of your pay.

The wages for truckers in NZ are low because they are...simple as that. But as with jobs anywhere you shop around to find the best company. Phil has phoned up after jobs in NZ bearing in mind we are here and have the visas, a car transporter company lower north island was paying a flat rate of $13.50 an hour, linehaul up at mangonui was $14.00 an hour, tanker work in Auckland was $15.00 an hour. None of those are through agencies, they are direct contact after seeing ads on trade me, his job he got through the agency was $16.50 an hour and now he has moved on again with an intro from the same company we used as he wasn't happy about the hours at the first place and is now on $20.00 an hour.

I work for a very large organisation but pay is performance based and down to the boss to determine what you get...not a pay scale.
Old Mar 13th 2008, 11:54 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

bump.

Just incase anyone is thinking about paying an agency to find them a job
Old Mar 13th 2008, 1:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

jill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by phil01
Thats bullsh** and illeagal! I came through chrysalis so know exactly what they do. They charge you the person rather than the company...no disrespect drivers but some agencies yes they charge the company but thats for someone they are seriously willing to pay up for...do you think a company who wants a driver will pay an agency thousands of dollars for you and then wait 3 or so months for you to come out here...get real...if you can't get a job offer from them for free when you email and phone them then what on earth makes you think an agency that the company has to pay for is going to be able to get you a job...think logically!

I recommended Chrysalis because I used them...I have a job, I see my payslip with no deductions to a third party, I see my hourly rate and my tax...so your kiwi hubby and you really have no clue it's not fair to mislead people. If these people could get their own job offer they would and wouldn't even consider using an agent, but when you can't and yeah I went on trade me I contacted hundreds of employers but got jack shi**as far as a job goes thats when you have a choice...no one held a gun to my head I made the choice, paid the money and reaped the rewards! But having gone through this agency and knowing a few others that are I think the term agency scams is wrong...you don't get scammed you get told how much you will be charged, what they are charging you for and you make a choice most adults are able to do that then you get what you paid for! Quite simple really.
Gosh Phil & Debs you were brill...............hats off..............you deserve an oscar for that performance
Old Mar 13th 2008, 11:47 pm

Are Phil and Deb the same people who used the names <snip and snip> on other forums?

Last edited by BEVS; Mar 14th 2008 at 7:03 am. Reason: I understand the sentiment here but other forums must have their membership usernames respected. Thanks
Old Mar 14th 2008, 1:45 am
Cornish Lass

Marika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to behold

Yes I think most definitely they were, we also have been told by someone over here, that <snip> our case Officer with Chrysalis named xxx xxx, was an Alias of xxx xxx ,

Phil01 and wife were never the helpful kind people we thought they were !!!
I could think of some wonderful choice words that I think they are, but I'm too much of a lady to use them on here .

Last edited by BEVS; Mar 14th 2008 at 7:06 am. Reason: Again. I and BE understand the problem and sentiment but this needs to be snipped. Thank you
Old Mar 14th 2008, 2:26 am

Guess we only have their word for it that they hopped off back to the UK too? they could be somewhere else in NZ perhaps?

Anyone going to the upcoming Leeds and London Expo 08 and wanting to talk to recruitment agencies would be well advised to ask if they are charging for their services.

Someone should really contact NZIS who are supporting these events, I think there is a mention of the regional manager's name for Europe, America and Africa on the expo-newzealand.com site's "exhibitors" page
Old Mar 14th 2008, 2:39 am
Cornish Lass

Marika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to behold

Yes I know what you mean, we have thought about that too, that they may still be here, who knows.

I am trying to get a pic of them that i have confirmed that it is definitely them, so if i can get it confirmed, I could circulate that to who i need to.
Old Mar 14th 2008, 4:07 am

Good idea, a picture would help. Someone could recognise them and shed some light on where they are now.

Anyone got a list of recruitment agencies that were present at the recent EmigrateExpo?
Old Mar 14th 2008, 4:19 am

I found this on the emigrate2.co.uk website (I think they are the people who organised the Sandown expo) and it coulld be relevant to some of these "recruitment agencies" who appear to be offering immigration assistance in addition to finding a job offer for their clients

http://www.emigrate2.co.uk/news_detail-100.htm

It's about a recent piece of legislation in NZ called the Immigration Advisers Licencing Act

"The call for the regulation of immigration advisers came from migrants," said NZ Immigration Minister David Cunliffe. "Migrants who had been ripped off, who had been told lies, who had money and documents stolen after putting their trust in an agent and were then let down – often when their application or appeal was not lodged or important information from Immigration New Zealand was not passed on to them.......

......The law also encompasses offshore operators, who must obtain a license within one year of their New Zealand counterparts. Penalties for not conforming to the requirements extend to a fine of up to NZ$100,000 and seven years in jail........

.....The Emigration Group's Geoff Taylor made the following comment: "It will be two years at least before NZ based agents need to be registered and likely at least three years before offshore agents need to comply likewise.
08 June 2007"

Old Mar 14th 2008, 7:53 am
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nerine
I found this on the emigrate2.co.uk website (I think they are the people who organised the Sandown expo) and it coulld be relevant to some of these "recruitment agencies" who appear to be offering immigration assistance in addition to finding a job offer for their clients

http://www.emigrate2.co.uk/news_detail-100.htm

It's about a recent piece of legislation in NZ called the Immigration Advisers Licencing Act

"The call for the regulation of immigration advisers came from migrants," said NZ Immigration Minister David Cunliffe. "Migrants who had been ripped off, who had been told lies, who had money and documents stolen after putting their trust in an agent and were then let down – often when their application or appeal was not lodged or important information from Immigration New Zealand was not passed on to them.......

......The law also encompasses offshore operators, who must obtain a license within one year of their New Zealand counterparts. Penalties for not conforming to the requirements extend to a fine of up to NZ$100,000 and seven years in jail........

.....The Emigration Group's Geoff Taylor made the following comment: "It will be two years at least before NZ based agents need to be registered and likely at least three years before offshore agents need to comply likewise.
08 June 2007"

Well I felt sick when reading this tonight. I truly believed they were good people. Best not me meet in a dark alley.....kato by name and nature.

Well I did not use the "agency" but know of you who did. Gutted for you, truly I am and if you want my honest opinion ......I hope that if he does drive trucks, he cascades over the side of a cliff. You don't deserve to be on this forum with decent people. Rot you git!!
My dear friend on here (she knows who she is) has been through enough this past few months without having bast**ds like that about. Hope they go to hell, infact if anyone out there knows where they are send them to Rotorua to look me up. I am f**king fuming to think the low lifes can be so damn cruel.
I have limited internet use at the mo but a few like AmLoolah have my number and if anyone needs help with the truckie thing get me number of them and give us a call. Whatever i know I will greatfully share.
And to those who were scammed.......it WILL bite them on the arse. Sh*t like that always does.

Nici
Old Mar 14th 2008, 7:56 am
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Marika 38
Yes I think most definitely they were, we also have been told by someone over here, that <snip> our case Officer with Chrysalis named xxx xxx, was an Alias of xxx xxx ,

Phil01 and wife were never the helpful kind people we thought they were !!!
I could think of some wonderful choice words that I think they are, but I'm too much of a lady to use them on here .
By the way....I am no lady when it comes to crap messers like them. Sorry if I have offended anyone with my comments. Would quite happily slap 'em. Dirty gits.

Marika, I will get settled and call as soon as possible.
Jill, chin up mate. They will get pay back believe me.
Old Mar 14th 2008, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

jill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud of

That god your there Kato. I was worried they had met you in dark alley

Hope all going well. Will send you PM.

Jill
Old Mar 15th 2008, 6:32 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Hi All.

As we already have one current thread going on this issue , I'm going to close this old thread. That way all the current discussion will appear in just one place.

I will place a link to this on the current thread & leave a link HERE too.

hope that's OK with everyone.