Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Age making a difference?

Age making a difference?

Old Jan 8th 2007, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

dash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Age making a difference?

Originally Posted by jueinnz
If it doesn't you have gained the right for yourself and your children to try again later, at retirement age maybe, and what a gift to be able to give our kids (if you have any) the chance to live in NZ with out going though all the immigration rigmarole that you have had to go though. Our thoughts were that if we gave up before the two years then yes we had lost much ($, careers, houses etc,) but to last two years we had gained something from the experience. (that green returning residence sticker). Could be valuable in years to come.

Believe that you have made the right decision don't underestimate the power of positive thinking!!!
Thanks for the comments Jueinnz. Fortunately we don't have kids so it's less of a risk for us. We will also be keeping a house in the UK as a bolthole if it all goes belly up. How have you settled in Auckland?

We are looking at Gulf Harbour as I have a job offer based in Albany. I don't need to be near schools but fancy being a stones throw from the beach.

We are coming over to Auckland in Feb for two weeks to meet up with friends and do a recce. My wife will be looking for a job as a PA so she can do a bit of research too.

Cheers
Old Jan 8th 2007, 7:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

jueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dash1965
Thanks for the comments Jueinnz. Fortunately we don't have kids so it's less of a risk for us. We will also be keeping a house in the UK as a bolthole if it all goes belly up. How have you settled in Auckland?

We are looking at Gulf Harbour as I have a job offer based in Albany. I don't need to be near schools but fancy being a stones throw from the beach.

We are coming over to Auckland in Feb for two weeks to meet up with friends and do a recce. My wife will be looking for a job as a PA so she can do a bit of research too.

Cheers
We settled well in Auckland and only recently had a few why didn't we move to Tauranga thoughts!!! (Admitedly after a great holiday at the Mount, ) It is a beutiful city. No regrets
Old Jan 8th 2007, 8:43 pm

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

Dash Gulf Harbour is lovely and the beaches are superb. If you're you're into boats or golf you'll be in your element there . Albany is a good place to work and starting to go places with a new Westfield under construction.

You're so lucky that you won't have to make the commute into Auckland every day as many people do. Good luck with your recce, hope you get some good weather so you'll see the great views at their best.
Old Jan 9th 2007, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

dash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Nerine
Dash Gulf Harbour is lovely and the beaches are superb. If you're you're into boats or golf you'll be in your element there . Albany is a good place to work and starting to go places with a new Westfield under construction.

You're so lucky that you won't have to make the commute into Auckland every day as many people do. Good luck with your recce, hope you get some good weather so you'll see the great views at their best.
Hmmm...

Golf, boats, less commuting, and the sea nearby.... And I didn't believe in Heaven!! (Doh!! the wife has just seen the Golf comment... That'll mean more DIY to keep me from enjoying myself...)

Thanks for the positive reply.. I've added some Karma for you..

Cheers