Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

After some inspiration.....

After some inspiration.....

Old Feb 19th 2008, 12:52 pm

Tan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond repute
Default After some inspiration.....

Sadly this whole emigrating thing means that we're going to miss the wedding of a dear friend (flying May...wedding Aug).

I'm racking my brain for a wedding gift idea. Was thinking of leaving something here with another friend but wondering if anyone has some ideas of a gift that we could send back from NZ - that would maybe relate to NZ and indicate that even though we're on the other side of the world we're with them in spirit....soppy eh!

Very close to the wife but don't really know the husband all that well!

Otherwise may have to buy them a toaster and get a mate to deliver it

Any suggestions from all you NZ residents?
Old Feb 19th 2008, 1:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tiki-Toc............

Purchase some green stone for them, preferably in a traditional shape, not only does it make a great gift but as a gift it is supposed to come from a loved one............such as yourself.

Barring that a nice bottle of 42 degree below is always good but may be more expensive to transport.

If you don't know what I'm talking about click here:

http://www.artworksnz.co.nz

NG

Last edited by Nice Guy; Feb 19th 2008 at 1:10 pm. Reason: Another spilling mistake
Old Feb 19th 2008, 1:11 pm

Tan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: After some inspiration.....

Thanks for that....what would you consider a traditional shape?
Old Feb 19th 2008, 1:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Love this one..............

Hi there

This one is a particular favourite especially with men..................apparently!

http://new.artworksnz.co.nz/digicart...TOKEN=60047421

Although it says in the advert:

Powerful good luck symbol. Tilted head means thinking; hand is strength; mouth is communication; heart is love.
I was told it also meant fertility.

I bought one for Mrs Nice Guy, it meant I got laid a lot more than usual.

Anyone is suitable, have a beak and see which one you think is good. Others on this shallow web site may have other ideas............

NG

Last edited by Nice Guy; Feb 19th 2008 at 1:18 pm. Reason: Forgot link..............
Old Feb 19th 2008, 1:24 pm

I remember them now from when we were over there!

Won't be thanked for buying something that encourages fertility or hankipanki...they have two kids (one a baby) and the poor woman is knackered !!!!
Old Feb 19th 2008, 1:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Default What's wrong with nooky???

Originally Posted by Nice Guy View Post

I was told it also meant fertility.

I could be (and often are) wrong.

Check out the other gifts available and do a Google.

NG
Old Feb 19th 2008, 1:49 pm

Fertility is definitely mentioned....I do like the meaning of the symbol though and think it's very fitting as a wedding gift.

Keep those ideas coming

A beer on our arrival to the winner ....

Just seen your question (What's wrong with nooky?) - EVERYTHING WHEN YOU HAVE A TODDLER AND A 'WEEKS OLD BABY!
Old Feb 20th 2008, 4:51 am

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point

my bro bought us a digital photo frame - one of those where you pop in a camera memory card and it scrolls through the images.

Take some photos of yourself and family, get togethers you have had with your friends etc etc

then when you get to NZ you can email them some pics of your new surroundings for them to add to the memory card.

i was really touched when i got this pressie - a lot of thought went into it (which is good for my bro!)
Old Feb 20th 2008, 5:05 am

Another idea that I like...why can't I think of them?
Old Feb 20th 2008, 5:12 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dreamfish View Post
my bro bought us a digital photo frame - one of those where you pop in a camera memory card and it scrolls through the images.

Take some photos of yourself and family, get togethers you have had with your friends etc etc

then when you get to NZ you can email them some pics of your new surroundings for them to add to the memory card.

i was really touched when i got this pressie - a lot of thought went into it (which is good for my bro!)

we bought one as a Xmas present for my inlaws the Xmas before we left . They liked it so much, they bought us one as a leaving present!!

We really like it for our 3 year old, as he is able to constantly remember
friends and family
Old Feb 21st 2008, 7:19 am

Just came across 'recently given Karma'....hadn't seen this before so thanks all!

Cheers Mr.NiceGuy...although this 'chap' is breastfeeding

Tan
Old Feb 21st 2008, 7:21 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

We're all "chaps" to NG.
Old Feb 21st 2008, 7:23 am

Ahhhh...all is now clear
Old Feb 21st 2008, 8:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Bellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tan0410 View Post
Sadly this whole emigrating thing means that we're going to miss the wedding of a dear friend (flying May...wedding Aug).

I'm racking my brain for a wedding gift idea. Was thinking of leaving something here with another friend but wondering if anyone has some ideas of a gift that we could send back from NZ - that would maybe relate to NZ and indicate that even though we're on the other side of the world we're with them in spirit....soppy eh!

Very close to the wife but don't really know the husband all that well!

Otherwise may have to buy them a toaster and get a mate to deliver it

Any suggestions from all you NZ residents?
We have sent bread boards made of natural NZ timber to OH's family members for wedding presents and have had positive feedback and requests for them other from neices and nephews getting married.

They are heavy and you do need to consider sending them early via surface mail
Old Feb 21st 2008, 9:02 am
BE Enthusiast

jueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of light

What about sending them a traditional telegram on the day as well so it could be read out at the reception

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.