After school

Old May 29th 2007, 12:51 am
Forum Regular

welshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to all
Smile After school

Hi all,
Here is a problem for you all to have a think about and hopefully come up with some great advice.
At the mo here in welsh wales i work nights and the wife works days( great marriage). The reason being when i finish work in the morning i get home say bye to wife as she goes out to work, get kids up, do school run, take dog out, and get to bed..Up 4 and half hours later to get shower then kids from school, cook tea for when wife gets home and then off to work i go(hi ho hi ho)
However when the wife is doing a long day she doesnt get home till 9 at night, so my parents or sister look after the kids for a few hours, this will be a problem when we get there as we have nobody there..
One solution we have come up with is for me to work days, however this still leaves the time the kids finish school till i get there to pick them up, I am a truck driver so the finishing time of the day could be anytime i would imagine?? Or if the wife hopefully doesnt do long days,she will be able to pick them up after work, But this still leaves a few hours.
Any ideas????
Old May 29th 2007, 1:28 am
Forum Regular

NZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: After school

Hi there,

Depends where you are moving to. I put my boys in after school care and its $9 for each child thats from 2:45 until 5pm
Old May 29th 2007, 1:37 am
Forum Regular

welshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to all

Moving to tauranga and girls are 10 and 7 if that helps.
Old May 29th 2007, 1:56 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

There are some after school care organisations which either run clubs at the school or will pick the kids up and take them to a centre off-site, some in the Auckland region also offer breakfast clubs.

But there seems to be little provision for kids once they are past primary school age.

Kids under the age of 14 can't be left on their own in NZ but quite a few of my kids' friends used to walk home and just wait for their parents to come home in the evening. They had strict instructions not to go outside, keep the doors locked etc.