Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

After 5 years in NZ

After 5 years in NZ

Old Mar 27th 2008, 7:41 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: After 5 years in NZ

Originally Posted by weebossyboots
I think you underestimate Ian.
'were he a sensitive soul' I said..actually implying that I am aware he is not.

If you were just seeking clarification as Lardyl said then fine, it came over to me as disapproval unless it were indeed a typo which I knew it probably wasn't. It does not show Ian in a bad light as you said, he is the author, the whole thing is filtered through his viewpoint...he could be saying black is white..it doesn't matter....we cannot know, we weren't there, we shouldn't be passing judgement on his views of the people he encountered along the way.
When you get here as anywhere, you will meet helpful and not so helpful people and yes you will also 'reap as you sow' in the friendship stakes but someone has to make the first move in the social stakes and I would say here the onus is on the employer not Ian and Sharon.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 7:49 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nerine

Difference being that the condensation is on the outside of the glass here . (The car windscreen kept misting up this morning, gawsh....the things I have to put up with!)
not when the a/c breaks down or ozzie goes into brown-out......
then methinks it will be on you............
Old Mar 27th 2008, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

weebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by luvwelly
'were he a sensitive soul' I said..actually implying that I am aware he is not.

If you were just seeking clarification as Lardyl said then fine, it came over to me as disapproval unless it were indeed a typo which I knew it probably wasn't. It does not show Ian in a bad light as you said, he is the author, the whole thing is filtered through his viewpoint...he could be saying black is white..it doesn't matter....we cannot know, we weren't there, we shouldn't be passing judgement on his views of the people he encountered along the way.
When you get here as anywhere, you will meet helpful and not so helpful people and yes you will also 'reap as you sow' in the friendship stakes but someone has to make the first move in the social stakes and I would say here the onus is on the employer not Ian and Sharon.
Who cares, the post was directed at Ian, who responded to it and I replied. It had nothing to do with anyone else - but you know what? I knew as I wrote it I'd be shot down by a bunch of sycophants. At least Ian remained dignified

Last edited by weebossyboots; Mar 27th 2008 at 8:31 am.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 8:32 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weebossyboots
Who cares, the posted was directed at ian, who responded to it and i replied. It had nothing to do with anyone else - but you know what? I knew as I worte it i'd be shot down by a bunch of sycophants. At least Ian remained dignified
- I think you do care...who's being sensitive now? I had actually let it rest and you brought it up again. It's actually the first time I've ever posted on Ian's thread you will find if you check - so I'm hardly one of his 'sycophants'....I just felt you were out of order and I've said fine ok if it was just a query...let's let it rest...this is actually the wrong thread after all.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 8:54 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

Who is Ian?
Old Mar 27th 2008, 9:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by southerner
Who is Ian?
If you don't know already - don't ask . She posted in the wrong thread. Please don't start it off again here!

I just checked the other thread...you stirrer !lol. I can be so naive!

Last edited by luvwelly; Mar 27th 2008 at 9:28 am.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 11:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by southerner
Who is Ian?
Your love child..........oop's let that out the bag a bit early
Old Mar 28th 2008, 4:09 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

Ah so.....the rumours are true!