After 5 years in NZ

After 5 years in NZ

Old Mar 12th 2008, 2:54 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: After 5 years in NZ

New balls please

Old Mar 12th 2008, 2:56 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Must be the title of the thread that gets folk upset
Old Mar 12th 2008, 2:57 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Nerine

ah ha ha ha ha ha
Old Mar 12th 2008, 3:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Here we go again.................

Who's for pizza??
Old Mar 12th 2008, 3:56 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Here we go again.................

Originally Posted by Nice Guy
Who's for pizza??

Have to supply your own olives though, can't stand the things
Old Mar 12th 2008, 4:01 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Not the ladies mud wrestling again

C'Mon girlies . Take it to PM or kiss and make-up..
Old Mar 12th 2008, 4:02 am

Old Mar 12th 2008, 4:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mmmmmmmm.........ladies mud wrestling.........

Originally Posted by BEVS here
Not the ladies mud wrestling again

C'Mon girlies . Take it to PM or kiss and make-up..
If it is ladies mud wrestling again, can I please have a seat in the front row??

I'll share my pizza with you!
Old Mar 12th 2008, 4:13 am

Ok, if I can eat the olives and you have the anchovies
Old Mar 12th 2008, 5:31 am
Banned

pascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nice

Originally Posted by Avid
Like this?

I appreciated it!
Old Mar 14th 2008, 12:01 am

Originally Posted by TeamEmbo
Yes. That's why I said likewise when someone says something nice they too get shot down in flames. A bit like, erm... well, what you've just done really. And I thought you weren't supposed to get personal? How you seem to get away with it time and time again I don't know.

I wish I'd have had your valuable input before going through all that stress and moving all the way here. If only I'd known before I could've done all those things in UK. Only in case you didn't read my post properly I did say two things we'd not have had had we stayed put. Do you think maybe there just could be other reasons which are none of your business why these things might not have been possible for us in the UK?

So, yes please Nerine, take your own advice and 'let live' without having to pass personal insult or judgement on me or anyone else
Actually I've been thinking about this and have re-read your orginal post. I think you were being genuine in what you said in it. It was little unfair of me to pull you up for it based on an insult you tossed at me in the past.

A lot of what I say is meant in good humour and not everyone's sense of humour is that same so <<big hug>> and a sorry if it's offended you.

Could've put this in a PM to you I guess but felt a pulblic apology was probably more polite incase anyone else has also taken offence. I obviously irritate you immensely .

I'll give you a little while to respond (if you want to) and then perhaps we should just quietly put each other on ignore.

N xx

p.s. just for the record - I do quite like NZ , though nowhere is perfect and on balance I do prefer where I live now .
Old Mar 25th 2008, 3:19 pm
UK to NZ to Canada

TiggerLottie will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Poppy2
That is so nicely said. I feel like I am hyjacking this thread with my replies here - sorry NZGrl!

I just wanted to add, that we moved a few months ago to Canada and I havent stopped feeling great about being where we are now. I never had that in NZ. I now know how that sense of home and settlement should feel. I feel optomistic and after a dreadful year of selling a house and the loss of my father, this is a wonderful calm that we all needed. I am glad for every one who has that, and wish it for all of us who choose to try living the dream on foreign soil. New Zealand is a beautiful land and we would never regret being there, there are some real amazing highlights that we have as memories forever. My kids have learnt so much from the freedom they had there. And I had my daughter there. I shouted at the waves, during a thunder storm, at our local beach the day I heard of the death of my Dad. Strong experiences bond you in many ways to those places, and I feel that most definately. So no regrets, but I am glad to find a place that suits us so much more, though early days right? Still an All Blacks fan

This is all way too scarey i agree with EVERYTHING you all say, we are currently living in a so called paradise town in south Isl and we hate it, been here 4 years, NZ is a nice place but i feel the people spoil it, all the gang fights and stuff, and its just so isolated, so next near we are also shifting across to Canada, we havent felt settled or at home here, so i totally understand what you all mean.
As much as we dont feel settled here we would never return to the UK, and our first choice when emigrating was Canada but due to we were not in the right place to move there, but we are now....
Old Mar 26th 2008, 6:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Bellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TiggerLottie
This is all way too scarey i agree with EVERYTHING you all say, we are currently living in a so called paradise town in south Isl and we hate it, been here 4 years, NZ is a nice place but i feel the people spoil it, all the gang fights and stuff, and its just so isolated, so next near we are also shifting across to Canada, we havent felt settled or at home here, so i totally understand what you all mean.
As much as we dont feel settled here we would never return to the UK, and our first choice when emigrating was Canada but due to we were not in the right place to move there, but we are now....

I feel like I should apologise for being a Kiwi.

Truth is as a Kiwi who has lived in five other countries I could well be making similar comments about my own experiences living out of NZ.

But I don't because every country has + and - and I chose to live with them and stay positive.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 10:12 am
NS covern member #1

Poppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond repute

I dont apologise for being a Brit, yet I have long left the UK behind because I dont choose to live there for a million and one reasons. There are + and - to every country, but I imagine being born and raised in NZ gives you an advantage to enjoying the lifestyle, especially if you have returned there to have your children etc. We have a different set of cultural experiences and find it less easy at times to live with the negatives and remain positive. Especially if you have sunk all your life savings and hopes into a move. Honesty isnt meant to be offensive, it is just that many people have differing experiences of NZ. The fact is, many immigrants seem to move on. The other fact is that many Kiwis also choose to live elsewhere. And just as much as this thread may be seen as a negative one, there are countless ones that are reflecting the balance and focusing on the positive.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 10:36 am
Dr. Watchers

Scottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really nice

We said we'd give it two years before deciding whether or not to make NZ our permanent home. My OH was very keen to come but despite being instrumental in organising everything, when it came down to it, the only way I could cope with such a big decision was to tell myself that it was only for two years initially.

We moved to our new area in Dec 07 and are only now starting to make kiwi friends. A bit easier for OH with work and everything. Our house will sell at end of April but we're sadly not cashed up poms. I agree that people here tend to think that you are when they here the foreign accent.

We're also concerned about the damp housing scenario too. We're renting a large 5 bed place just now but it only has one little electric fan blower recessed into the wall in the kitchen diner area and thats it. That's the heating system for the whole house!!

When it rained non-stop for three days about three weeks ago now, the bed sheets felt damp when we went to bed at night. So I'm really worried what the winter will bring, especially as both of my boys have asthma.

Just wish someone would outlaw houses that don't have central heating and double glazing. My kiwi friend was amazed yesterday when I told her that double glazing stops 'crying windows' she'd never been told that before.

But hey, the summer has been fantastic and my kids have learned to body board and skateboard and their swimming has improved dramatically too.

I'll wait and see how we feel about the place after a full year here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.