Reload this Page >

Advice on transfer of UK pension to NZ

Advice on transfer of UK pension to NZ

Old Jun 22nd 2023, 1:08 am
Just Joined

Steve970 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice on transfer of UK pension to NZ

Hi.
I have been living in New Zealand for 16 years now. A couple of years ago I realised that I had a small pension I had totally forgotten about from working in a well known store in the UK as a kid / student. Due to compound interest the 230 pounds or so that had sat there for over 30 years was now actually a nice surprise. To be honest claiming the pension payments was not really going to make much of a difference to my income so instead I chose to cash the pension out and transfer the funds to a pension in New Zealand. This was all done above board and I was entitled to do so. This has provided me with a nice lump sum to pay off a large part of my remaining home loan. Although this is totally legal and allowed, the pension provider and other bodies try very hard to make it seem like it is not possible or allowed. If you wish to do the same you need to get some advice from someone who knows what they are doing or you will probably give up and put it into the too hard basket. I came across Dai Eveleigh from First Capital in Christchurch. Dai supported me at all stages through this process and offered very clear advice. I found him to be very professional and helpful. As a teacher I have never really had large amounts of cash to move around so most of what was involved could have been written in Latin as far as I am concerned. Give me a problem with logic gates, programming or electronics and I am happy. The world of finance is something else. Anyway, the whole process went smoothly and without issue. Dai knows the process inside out and I found his fees to be well worth the service provided.
If you are looking for advice on pensions, he is your man.