Advice..please

Old Jun 11th 2012, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

Scottoir is just really niceScottoir is just really niceScottoir is just really niceScottoir is just really niceScottoir is just really niceScottoir is just really niceScottoir is just really niceScottoir is just really niceScottoir is just really nice
Cool Advice..please

Greetings one and all

Im a UK ctizen with PR in Aus. I have spent circa 10 yrs in Aus.

Jan 2013 I am looking to up sticks and move to NZ.

Does my residency of australia entitle me to medical, befenits etc. ?

Are there restrictions on work etc?

I have met some fantastic Kiwis all over the world. I would love to settle on the Nth Island near some good surf. Forgetting work for the moment; can anyone recommend some really nice spots enjoy the outdoors/ocean?

ta
Old Jun 11th 2012, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

jjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nice
Default Re: Advice..please

Raglan!
Old Jun 11th 2012, 10:55 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Piha!
Old Jun 12th 2012, 6:27 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Please have a quick read HERE

Yes. You would be entitled to medical treatment.

Read HERE ref benefits.
Old Jun 12th 2012, 7:12 am

waikatoguy is an unknown quantity at this point

If Am Loolah was still here, she'd be singing the praises of Mt Maunganui, and I'd be agreeing with her. It's the best beach in NZ in my opinion.
I have many fond memories of Raglan, as I spent a lot of my childhood there. The surf beach is more isolated than the Mount with fewer people, but the sand is black (filled with iron). The surf on the West Coast (ie Raglan and Piha) is a little more dangerous than the east coast. There can be huge rips. But they are usually patrolled by surf lifeguards. Raglan has a good reputation with the surfers. Manu Bay is popular with them.
The Mount (or Mount Maunganui - basically part of Tauranga) on the east coast has a more classic glassy type of sand - feels better on the feet and more pleasant, and is probably about 10 km's long with surf very suitable for swimming. You can always find a spot somewhere on the beach free from other people.
Come on over for a look. See what you think.

Last edited by waikatoguy; Jun 12th 2012 at 7:19 am.