Advice please

Old Apr 18th 2007, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

Leewales is a jewel in the roughLeewales is a jewel in the roughLeewales is a jewel in the roughLeewales is a jewel in the rough
Default Advice please

Hello my name is Lee and i currently live in the uk, but i may have a job in Hamilton NZ, i was wondering could anybody throw any advice on a visa, or to you qualify if you get a job offer? and what is a good wage for NZ? your help would be of much
Old Apr 18th 2007, 10:40 am
duckfoot

ceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Advice please

Hi Lee & welcome to the site loads of friendly people on here to help you , can you provide any more info on what you'll be doing job wise as that may help get your questions answered. have a look through this thread http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=442754 see if it helps you any !:just wanted to say Hey !!!
Old Apr 18th 2007, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

ezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud of

Hi Lee, if you can get a job offer then it will be the work visa route or PR if you have the quals
Old Apr 18th 2007, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

Leewales is a jewel in the roughLeewales is a jewel in the roughLeewales is a jewel in the roughLeewales is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by ceri75 View Post
Hi Lee & welcome to the site loads of friendly people on here to help you , can you provide any more info on what you'll be doing job wise as that may help get your questions answered. have a look through this thread http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=442754 see if it helps you any !:just wanted to say Hey !!!
i will be working as a printer , what is a good weekly wage for NZ? and whats the weather like in the north around the year? cheers Lee
Old Apr 18th 2007, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

thanks your all so help full, what a good wage for NZ, and can you get brick built houses instead of the wooden ones? and what the weather like year round? cheers Lee
Old Apr 18th 2007, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

ezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Leewales View Post
thanks your all so help full, what a good wage for NZ, and can you get brick built houses instead of the wooden ones? and what the weather like year round? cheers Lee
yes you can get brick built houses and they do like their bungalows in NZ
Old Apr 18th 2007, 2:55 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Leewales View Post
A good wage is one that you are comfortable with and I reckon that's fairly subjective.. I think you mentioned you are a printer. From a quick squiz at the classifieds it looks like you could expect something along the lines of NZ$20-NZ$25/hour. However, if you are a production supervisor or something like that perhaps you would get NZ$65,000/year +car (that's what one job offer I saw).
Now, what will this get you? As far as housing it depends if you are bringing over a tidy sum for a grubstake or if you are starting from scratch. Are you a single bloke or are you bringing dependents? Do you cook or do you buy most of your meals out? There are more than a few variables to consider.

At any rate...suerte.