Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Advice on our idea please

Advice on our idea please

Old Mar 7th 2008, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

markraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant future
Default Advice on our idea please

I`m a truck driver and me and missus will be going to live in NZ in December

I will have to apply for a work permit to live there,

Also when we are there my missus will train to be a widwife, and wanted to see if this is possible and will we get resident with her being a widwife after she gets a job.

Are we right and any advice will be great.

Also what route or where do we go to get her into a widwifery course

thanks

Old Mar 7th 2008, 10:38 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: Advice on our idea please

Originally Posted by markraynes View Post

Also what route or where do we go to get her into a widwifery course

thanks

If she is to study in New Zealand I think the best route would be to go to the bank for a stonkin' great big student loan. International student fees are steep here, Mark.
Old Mar 7th 2008, 10:44 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by happynz View Post
If she is to study in New Zealand I think the best route would be to go to the bank for a stonkin' great big student loan. International student fees are steep here, Mark.
Not sure, something I looked at years ago ... www.midwiferycouncil.org.nz
Old Mar 7th 2008, 10:45 am
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

As HappyNZ has stated, to study in NZ on a work permit, without Permanent Residency, you will have to pay international student fees and they can run into thousands of dollars.

Please do contact Victoria Uni of Welly for further info on international fees and enrolment

Last edited by BEVS; Mar 7th 2008 at 10:50 am.